Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

New to hondas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to hondas

i just got a 92 accord wagon with a f22a for free the other day. been working on it. so far i did the brake and almost had a heart attack when i saw the hub over rotor design in the front. not something i was really expecting to see.

im getting ready to do the timing belt, water pump and balance shaft belt. what else should i go ahead and replace while im down there? anything special i should know about?

i know jack about hondas. im a dsm guy just trying something new.

lol, well if you "know jack" about hondas, then i wouldn't know what to say...thinking you didnt' mean that, im gonna also suggest to check all the basic stuff: Brake fluid, Trans fluid, allignment, oil, radiator (if need flush), brake pads/rotors, battery, spark plugs...stuff like that.

*Needs*
    -New shocks
    -Struts
    -Drop
    -Cleaning
    -New Tires/Wheels
    -New Window Tint
    -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

check the suspension components like ball joints, bushings, etc. Air filter, fuel filter, plugs, dizzy are all good tune up pieces.

Comment

yeah those too...and if you dont know or can't tell what is what...since i think you're trying to say that you dont know Jack about hondas...then just pop open the hood and study the engine bay, locate this, locate that. Should take you about a month to know where most things are if you Really wanna tune up your cb.

*Needs*
        -New shocks
        -Struts
        -Drop
        -Cleaning
        -New Tires/Wheels
        -New Window Tint
        -Alot more lovin'

My Panda:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ghlight=Djmoua

Comment

Originally posted by Djmoua
          yeah those too...and if you dont know or can't tell what is what...since i think you're trying to say that you dont know Jack about hondas...then just pop open the hood and study the engine bay, locate this, locate that. Should take you about a month to know where most things are if you Really wanna tune up your cb.
          engine's are engine's. they all work in somewhat the same ways. he says he knows abot dsm's, just not honda's. i think he'll be ok finding his way around his motor.

Comment

well when i mean i don't know jack about honda's i mainly mean honda specific things. such as what you guys do performance wise. i didn't know engine swaps are so popular with honda's. dsm's are just big fmic, big injectors, big turbo, afc and tune. honestly i think i know too much about dsm's and turbo systems. but thanks for the reply's and what not. i'm sure you'll see me a lot around here.

i've already check the brake system. changed rotors and pads. checked the suspension while i was down there. changed the valve cover gasket. plugs and wires. what else should i replace while i do the timing belt? i read something about some seals and a retainer that holds one of the seals in. i don't know the specifics. anyone willing to inform me a little bit?

also i was planning on removing the a/c. i live in ohio and summers are'nt that bad. i think i saw that the alt and the a/c ran off the same belt. do they just make a non a/c belt for it?

sorry it was long. thx for all the help. if anyone needs any help/info on turbo systems i can probably help.

Comment

Originally posted by birdsfoot
              well when i mean i don't know jack about honda's i mainly mean honda specific things. such as what you guys do performance wise. i didn't know engine swaps are so popular with honda's. dsm's are just big fmic, big injectors, big turbo, afc and tune. honestly i think i know too much about dsm's and turbo systems. but thanks for the reply's and what not. i'm sure you'll see me a lot around here.

i've already check the brake system. changed rotors and pads. checked the suspension while i was down there. changed the valve cover gasket. plugs and wires. what else should i replace while i do the timing belt? i read something about some seals and a retainer that holds one of the seals in. i don't know the specifics. anyone willing to inform me a little bit?

also i was planning on removing the a/c. i live in ohio and summers are'nt that bad. i think i saw that the alt and the a/c ran off the same belt. do they just make a non a/c belt for it?

sorry it was long. thx for all the help. if anyone needs any help/info on turbo systems i can probably help.
              welcome to the Site & Hondas in general

Since your such a DSM fan you'll be happy to Know (if you don't know already) that the 1st gen turbo system pretty much bolts right on to The f22. thats what a lot of the turbo members are running on here.
              "Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports....all others are games."
              - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty
                welcome to the Site & Hondas in general

Since your such a DSM fan you'll be happy to Know (if you don't know already) that the 1st gen turbo system pretty much bolts right on to The f22. thats what a lot of the turbo members are running on here.
                i know i got real excited when i read that. i basically have a 1g turbo system in my garage right now.

Comment

Chea get that thing turbo'd if u get the parts.
                  Hellz yeah im now workin at HONDA

Comment

Post pics of the Wagon!!!

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

ill get pics of it up once i get all the work done to it and wash it

Comment

if u can work on dsm's honda's are goin be easy i once did a swap in a dsm and i will never do it again such a pain lol
                        93 accord: F22A swap,T3/T4 turbo, tail wastegate, front mount 27x13x3, hks turbo timer, turbo xs boost controller, msd igintion, 3in downpipe, crane cam 11mm plug wires, denso plugs, no ac or ps,wire tuck, cutted insides, one seat, auto meter boost gauge,oil pressure, a/f,and 5 in tach,act clutch and flywheel.

93 prelude: jdm headlights,OEM carbon fiber hood, tein lowering springs, work racing rims with kumho tires, msd wires and denso plugs,type r shift boot

Comment

so far hondas have been 1000 times easier to work on. i dont know why though my heart will always belong to the 4g63.

Comment

Working...
                          X