Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Anyone Need MSD help on CB7s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Need MSD help on CB7s

like the title says...if u guys got questions on purchasing and/or installing an MSD setup on yall cars...post it here and ill answer yall questions TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE...
    A wise man sees failure as progress...

Originally posted by jyoungblood87
    like the title says...if u guys got questions on purchasing and/or installing an MSD setup on yall cars...post it here and ill answer yall questions TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE...
    how does the msd blaster gats connected

Comment

well how are u going to connect it???

from the MSD ignition box or from ur stock ignition...?

if from the MSD ignition box:

there are two terminals on the blaster coil...one is positive and the other is negative...each terminal is marked to tell which one is which...

From the MSD ignition box, there is a thin black (negative) wire and a thin orange (positive) wire both in equal lengths...these two wire are to be connected to the coil...this is done by chrimping to the respected connector and screw down to the terminals with the screws supplied by the blaster coil...

Comment

curious to know, i wanted to get a new msd box, some come with built in rev limiter, do i adjust that from inside the cabin or i gotta go under hood,

and also the msd box is it a plug and go or i have to wire some wires up.
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
          curious to know, i wanted to get a new msd box, some come with built in rev limiter, do i adjust that from inside the cabin or i gotta go under hood,

and also the msd box is it a plug and go or i have to wire some wires up.
          i recommend the SCI-ignition box from MSD....its has the soft rev capabilities and also 2-step ready(u have to buy the 2-step box thou)...

it kinda is plug and go...nevermind it isnt...but its kinda easy...n yea u do have to run wires...

to soft rev capabilites is can be activated by inserting pills into the MSD ignition box...kinda like cartiages into a nintendo...u can adjust the rev from 2000RPMs to 11000RPMs...

CB7s are unique when it come to installing an MSD setup because there is noway to install the ignition box in the engine bay...

but if u want...ill install ur wires, spark plugs, cap, coil, ignition box for 100 bucks...my garage is located right off of the Burlington/Bristol Bridge....

Comment

i know how to do all that jus not the box. and the rev control is so i WONT over rev right? y would some 1 wanna set it at 2000 rpm
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

I have got a better idea...Why dont you just make a DIY on it. =O. Make life easier.

The New-ish Ride
              My old Ride
              Hear my Vtak!!!
              MK3 Member #3
              I piss off people for fun.
              IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                I have got a better idea...Why dont you just make a DIY on it. =O. Make life easier.
                x2
                93 accord: F22A swap,T3/T4 turbo, tail wastegate, front mount 27x13x3, hks turbo timer, turbo xs boost controller, msd igintion, 3in downpipe, crane cam 11mm plug wires, denso plugs, no ac or ps,wire tuck, cutted insides, one seat, auto meter boost gauge,oil pressure, a/f,and 5 in tach,act clutch and flywheel.

93 prelude: jdm headlights,OEM carbon fiber hood, tein lowering springs, work racing rims with kumho tires, msd wires and denso plugs,type r shift boot

Comment

Yeah make a sticky about it, but one question would you recommend one for a turbo setup on an h22?

SOLD!!
                  Boosted H22
                  375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Originally posted by jyoungblood87
                    well how are u going to connect it???

from the MSD ignition box or from ur stock ignition...?

if from the MSD ignition box:

there are two terminals on the blaster coil...one is positive and the other is negative...each terminal is marked to tell which one is which...

From the MSD ignition box, there is a thin black (negative) wire and a thin orange (positive) wire both in equal lengths...these two wire are to be connected to the coil...this is done by chrimping to the respected connector and screw down to the terminals with the screws supplied by the blaster coil...
                    im using my stock ignition with msd wiring and msd cap is to wht wires the blaster goes to on the plug??????

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
                      i know how to do all that jus not the box. and the rev control is so i WONT over rev right? y would some 1 wanna set it at 2000 rpm
                      yea so u wont over rev from ur selected rev limit...

Comment

Originally posted by cano
                        im using my stock ignition with msd wiring and msd cap is to wht wires the blaster goes to on the plug??????

first of all...i highly reccomend that u go and buy an MSD ignition box...why half-ass the setup...u can get a MSD SCI-L (PN6320) for under 200 bucks on ebay...

well if u want to go with the stock ignition...theres a 3 wire harness connected to the stock external coil... the wires are:
                        1. yellow
                        2. black/yellow
                        3. green or blue

-the yellow and black/yellow wires are to be tied together and are to be connected to the positive terminal of the blaster coil...

-the 3rd wire (green or blue) is to be connected to the negative terminal of the blaster coil...

i did some reasearch cuz i didnt want to give half-assed answers...it is said from the MSD site and i quote...

Note: If installing the Blaster SS Coil to a points distributor or a non-current limiting ignition system without an MSD Ignition, a 0.8 ohm ballast resistor is required (MSD PN8214). The resistor should wire in series along with any factory resistors on the positive coil wire.

so therefore, u may need to get this resistor in connection to the positive terminal from ur stock ignition...

BUT I STILL ADVISE U TO GET THE MSD SCI-L IGNITION BOX...

Comment

Originally posted by mozzandherb
                          Yeah make a sticky about it, but one question would you recommend one for a turbo setup on an h22?
                          yes, because a stock ignition system is only limited to the stock setup of the car...also, in most modded apps to a car its still good until u start adding on a turbo, NOS, and/or dumping more fuel...an upgraded ignition system is more critical to get that great spark at high RPMs...the rev control, so u dont over rev when the turbo starts boosting more than it is set for...2-step, for that perfect launch...

all these things and more...so i recommed u go with a MSD setup...

Comment

yea i should make a DIY sticky on how to install a typical MSD setup on the CB7s... n since there really isnt an ideal room in the engine bay for the ignition box...i should show how to do a "GUMBY" setup by installing the ignition box in the glove box of the car...i showed everbody at the North Jersey meet last month and they thought it was sexy....

Comment

BUMP

Comment

Working...
                              X