Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Intake instal problems =(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake instal problems =(

Ok I just bout and instaled my AEM short ram intake on my 92 accord. Now every thing was fine till I poped my hood after the test runt and saw that there was raidiator coolant on some spots of my engine! now I whent back and cheacked my work and made sure every thing was tight. but ther was one thing. A small vacume hose that was left unconected because there was noe opening on the intake pipe. could this be the cuase and shold I close it off?? Thanks

A vacuum hose should have nothing to do with coolant. Are you sure you didnt disconnect a coolant hose from the throttle body?

Also you should plug any xtra vacuum hoses.
    Post count is not = to experience rating

F22B DOHC

Comment

This doesnt add up. There should be no coolant spilling for an intake install unless you disconnected a coolant line or something.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

^x2

i dont know what you did but coolant shouldnt be spilt over installing an intake...

and all the vacuum lines should have some place to hook too if this is a direct replacement aftermarket intake...

but i wouldnt be 100% sure since im using the OEM tubing and an aftermarket filter.

Comment

Thanks guys, this is what I said at first, "what does the intake have to do with the cooling system"??? well I looked over the work and no other hoses where disconected to cause this problem. But I did notice that in the instructions it said for some cars it is recomened to drain atlease 1 gallon of coolent from your raidiator. I dont know why but I thought Maybe this is why I has coolent every where. well after I called AEM and they told me that this doesnt apply foe 90-92 accords I was still puzzled and took a closer look to see where the water was coming from. Sad to say It was a crack in the front of my raidator =( damn now all my money has to go towards a new one!

Comment

depending on were its leaking you could use jb weld(its a putty sold at wal mart) or radiator stop leak, check the junk yard I mean if you need on bad you can throw one on from a civic just to run safe for awhile, but it all depends on how much you have to spend.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

i tried jb weld on the top of my other radiator and it was a no go. maybe you can have better luck but it would only be a temporary fix.

...adjust accordingly

Comment

Originally posted by LinX
                i tried jb weld on the top of my other radiator and it was a no go. maybe you can have better luck but it would only be a temporary fix.
                I have seen JB last long but thats what i forgot to say use jb as a band aid not a permanent fix.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

Never Ever use that stop leak crap. if it fails at sealing up the leak it could recirculate around the system and clog up other things down the line.

this was what a mechanic told me and a buddy of mine who's big into Civics said the same thing. They did suggest the usage of pepper instead but after getting everything repaird you'd want to flush your entire system.

Comment

I clogged my heater core with stop-leak Still had a leak, and it was freezing as well! Yay!

Comment

Working...
                    X