Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22 ITB's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22 ITB's

Some of you that have been on H-T may have seen this build already in the Accord FAQ's but I just noticed that someone was asking about ITB's on an F22A6 and I cannot respond to that thread. I have a set just about ready to go for an F22B2....

Just a few pics to peak some interest.....

View from the top of the motor complete with vacuum canister and fuel rail.

View from the bottom...Just peaking out the sides are my DSM 450cc black top injectors and vacuum fittings and lines.

Thanks again wed3k for the SDT Valves (Suzuki Dual Throttle valves). I am waiting for a set of true 4-2-1 one piece GSXR 1300 busa header pipes complete with the SET Valve. the SDTV & SETV work in a way that restricts the amount of air going through the head this will help to keep HP and tq in the lower rpm ranges.

Cheers
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Too bad B series ports dont match that A. Looks good though.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Thanks.
      They have been 7 months in the making, and still counting.

Are D series intakes close to B series.....Not to sound like an idiot but I'm an F-H series guy so I'm not sure. Anyway I have a set of 02 GSXR 750 TB's that fit the D15 intake perfectly. Don't ask why I have a d Series intake, it was $40 and I wanted something to practice porting and polishing on......
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Nope As I recall they dont have much common at all.

The New-ish Ride
        My old Ride
        Hear my Vtak!!!
        MK3 Member #3
        I piss off people for fun.
        IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Oh....man...Are you going to list the parts you had to buy
          to make this work? I am suuuuuper curious...Please?

Comment

Ah...parts list. The actual ITb's should be the last thing on your things to buy/build list for your engine.

Before I install the ITB's I am having the engine rebuilt. Complete with upgraded Valve train, Camshaft, Rods, Pistons and a port and polish job. Not to mention Engine Management. I'm going with an OBD1 P75 ECU that I chipped and modified. Most would suggest an AEM EMS for ease of tuning...$$$...too each his own I guess.

This is what I needed to build the ITB's

• 2003 GSX-R 1000 Throttle Body - $75 EGay
            • 96 F22B2 Intake manifold $35 - EGay
            • 1 7/16" aluminum tubing (runners & vacuum canister) $20 local fab shop
            • JB Weld Used to fill in any unwanted vacuum ports and injector ports. $10
            • Misc nuts, bolts and plumbing parts $30 from Home depot
            • Shop time to have my runners tig welded. $150 (this price was just for the welding. I did all of the cutting and fabrication work)
            (Most people cut this cost in half by only having the runners welded to the F22 intake side and using the GSX-R stock Throttle Body connectors.)
            MR Thread
            GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

how much gain from the itb's ?(as in horsepower) Even though i know a rebuilt engine will gain some of those horses it lost through age. Are you gonna try the itb's after you install the other mods? Id like to see the itb's runnin without em. Unless theres a thread i missed somewhere that shows tq and hp gains. But theres so many variables involved.
              Wife: "Why do you get G power platinum and i only get V power?"
              Me:"Cause i have the high compression 93 octane only H22 and you have the bullet proof F22."
              Wife:........................"But yours are prettier"

---------------------------------------------------
              Wife:Baby, not everybody wants to do the 93 conversion"
              Me:YES THEY DO, THEY JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET.

Comment

I am going to do a before and after for the rebuilt F22B2 vs the ITB's if that's what your asking. It won't be a stock F22B2 vs ITB comparison. I think the stock HP and TQ numbers are readily available. Plus Three Dyno runs is a bit too expensive around these parts. $90 for a single pull and that's without any tuning involved......F#@k'n highway robbery if you ask me. I am going to try and talk to the guy and see if he'll give me a package deal for 2 separate day single pull Hp runs and a final full day tune.
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

nice, well keep us updated.
                  Wife: "Why do you get G power platinum and i only get V power?"
                  Me:"Cause i have the high compression 93 octane only H22 and you have the bullet proof F22."
                  Wife:........................"But yours are prettier"

---------------------------------------------------
                  Wife:Baby, not everybody wants to do the 93 conversion"
                  Me:YES THEY DO, THEY JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET.

Comment

Oh hey thanks for that..
                    I don't know what i'll do with the info..But I apprecitae you givin it to me!

Comment

Working...
                    X