Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

steering wheel shakes when hard braking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm having similar problems with my car:

when i'm braking at 60+KMH i'll get massive shuddering and shaking at the steering wheel, not always but most of the time, also when i'm going above 80ish KMH the steering wheel shakes without braking

so would getting the rotors machined help and getting the wheels balanced?
    what exactly is getting the wheels balanced?
    sorry i'm not really all that good with mechanical stuff!

thanks

Comment

gettign the wheels balanced fixed the heavy spot,

Here is everything you need to know

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/tiretech.jsp

My Members Ride Page

Comment

Originally posted by Stealthman80
        gettign the wheels balanced fixed the heavy spot,

Here is everything you need to know

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/tiretech.jsp

thanks

Comment

I must say if you replace your rotors, buy OEM
          I have the original rotors on my car, I must say they perform insanely good!
          Well for stock...lol
          I went 110 to 0 in no time, as hard as I could without locking them up
          I must say by the time I stopped, I thought my car was over.
          The steering wheel was going side to side FAR, I kept hearing a massive thud every second.
          Then I gently went back up to highway speed again
          Perfectly straight NO vibrations
          Then when I went to brake, no noise and perfectly smooth

That was 6 months ago, I havn't changed the pads yet.
          I've done alot more to my car since then.
          I E-braked, hit a curb and such
          Now Im out of alignment and I got a vibration at 65.
          But still no warped rotors.
          I'm convinced the rotors warped then went perfectly back to normal
          Your man for wiring solutions!
          CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
          CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

im on my second cb and if your getting vibration while braking its warped rotors my first one did and and my second is starting the same thing...don't want to buy those cheapy rotors i learned from experience

if its vibrating while your driving then you need to check your wheel balance

also check your ball joints and tie rods because they will amplify the vibration if theres too much play in them

Watch out for those cement barriers

Comment

ya its the rotors
              had the same problem
              not only that but the pads burnt to the metal
              so not only did it warp them
              it trashed them

93 Accord SE no tranny:Parting out
              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...52#post2070752

86 Ford Ranger fuel problem

Explorer Fund:$1595.23

Comment

My car is having the same problem ryte now but I'm not changing the rotors till spring hits......

My Cm7

My Cb7 (DD)

Comment

Now i am crazy. I have a brake shaking problem for 3 years now. I have changed everything possible on the car, pu bushings, 555 ball joints, tie end rods, suspension, rotors 5 times, brake pads 6 times, calipers 3 times, wheel bearings 4 times. Everything is the best parts that i can find. When i change rotors and pads problem goes away for about 3k miles then it start again but not all the time, sometimes it shakes sometimes not but shakes more after first and second braking, at hard braking shake stop, at easy breaking shakes as hell. What the f... is the problem? Accord 92 F22A EX manual tranny. PLEASE PLEASE help me, or i will have to sell my only love i hate to do that, i have changed all parts on her, paint job done, interior done, suspension and steering done but this shaking brakes driving me crazy crazy crazy. PLEASE HELP.
                  No Turbo, No Fun.

Comment

I only read the 2ng page, but I didn't see any 1 say anything about wheel weights, maybe 1 came off.
                    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

You can warp rotors fast with improper break in or if something cold touches a hot rotor...holy 2007.

The New-ish Ride
                      My old Ride
                      Hear my Vtak!!!
                      MK3 Member #3
                      I piss off people for fun.
                      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05 View Post
                        You can warp rotors fast with improper break in or if something cold touches a hot rotor...holy 2007.
                        Nothing of that. I am a mechanic and i can not figure this out. Everything is new on the car with best parts that i could find. Problem is that in my country there is no one to balance rotors on the car, only when they are apart. This is very big problem for me because i need good brakes. I try with Brembo, oem Honda, TRW rotors and nothing, 3k miles and she starts shake again but not all the time, about 70% of breaking time. First breaking goes ok then second one starts to shake a bit, then 3rd one shakes as hell. Please anybody has any idea what to do with my brakes??
                        No Turbo, No Fun.

Comment

Rotor over hub conversion. Usually you can use an on car lathe if you have access to one. If not your going to have to disassemble the whole rotor from the knuckle or you can do a rotor over hub converesion which would make life easier and give you a larger diameter rotor along with a slightly larger caliper as I recall.

The New-ish Ride
                          My old Ride
                          Hear my Vtak!!!
                          MK3 Member #3
                          I piss off people for fun.
                          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Working...
                          X