Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

steering wheel shakes when hard braking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steering wheel shakes when hard braking

My steering wheel shakes during hard braking, like turns side to side a little bit.

I cant remember how bad it was before, but I just had a shop change my left side outer tie rod and end link which were bad.

Im thinking my ball joints are shot and also maybe my wheel bearings
    1993 Honda Accord EX-R Coupe Granada Black Pearl
    ///Alpine CDA-9847 Head Unit
    OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

1993 Kawasaki EX500 Flat Black. First Bike.

Rotors are warped.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

have your rotors turned ... or could be your brake pads could be crystialised... mine does the same thing... but nine chances out of ten it is your rotors out of round .
      The local asshole, 19 years in the making and still not giving a shit

Originally posted by mj213
      Wait... don't you have a carbon fiber hood? You need to give your "bro" a cunt punt.

Originally posted by bizzyboi
      He will defend his stance on raping his car to no end.

Comment

my buddy ran his car through all the puddles he could one rainy day, and now he has the same problem you have, he warped his rotors, replaced them and went away, brakes perfect now.

When i have to replace something, i usually upgrade it *cough cough* slotted drilled rotors *cough cough*
        93' 2dr

F20b swap fund: 550

Comment

Oh shiznit!, guess I have that same prob. too.. Does it have something to do with the axle(s)??
          My Black "H"
          AL Meet!?

//Secret G2I Lover, Shhhhhhh! //

Comment

shit, maybe those stupid idiots dont follow proper wheel bolting procedure, like doing a star pattern.

anyother way will mess the rotors. thats what probably happened,
            1993 Honda Accord EX-R Coupe Granada Black Pearl
            ///Alpine CDA-9847 Head Unit
            OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

1993 Kawasaki EX500 Flat Black. First Bike.

Comment

NAiL "nailed" it on the head. (sorry, no pun intended)

Its more than likely your rotors. Buddy of mine had same kind of shake, only when braking, and it was like uber-bad. Took it to a shop--warped rotors.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
              Originally posted by Jarrett
              Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Wow! how much did it cost for him to get that done?
                My Black "H"
                AL Meet!?

Comment

yo as all these guys before me said, your rotors are warped. just take it to any reputable shop and have them machined. might be a good idea to replace the pads while you're at it.

THIS CAR DOES NOT BELONG TO ME SO STOP GIVING ME COMPLIMENTS!! although it is quite nice....

Vehicular Lunacy At Its Finest

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                    Rotors are warped.
                    x244546

Also if you havent gottan an alignment after the guy changed your tie rods, get that done, maybethat why i pulls to the side, Does it pull to the side when ur not braking?

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

i know people that have warped their rotors by overtightening the lug nuts

jdmCITY.com

Comment

aww man that sucks..(for me atleast)
                        My Black "H"
                        AL Meet!?

Comment

I warped my rotors coming home from the shop after having them put on.

I really should upgrade to some better pieces.

Comment

mine does the same thing and I have brand new rotor(2months), pads(6months), and caliper (6months) :\

Comment

Yea i just figured this out the other day.

Im not sure how mine became warped...i think they might have gotten wet when i washed the car one day as i have ITR wheels and the rotors are hella exposed...

Hot rotors+cold water= warped like bowser lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X