Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Egr Blocked Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egr Blocked Off

What components can be removed when you have your egr valve blocked off and disabled?

Someone told me but i forgot.

you will throw a code if you remove the valve completely what alot of people do is put
    the block off plate sandwiched between the valve and the intake manifold.
    i have seen some people take it apart so only the actuator remains but that a bit much work. i just hid mine in my windshield cowl.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
    member ride thread
    11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
    DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
    People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
    I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
    John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Well im running a chipped computer that has egr disabled. I have the block off plate already on and i took off the egr valve completely. What im wondering is what to do with the black box that has the hoses going to it and that canister underneath it.

What parts can i ditch and which do i need to keep? Know what i mean?

Comment

A little insight please guys

Comment

you can ditch all of the stuff that was attached to the EGR including the black box and it's contents.

All this can go!
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

But theres the one hose that still goes to above the throttle body and theres supposed to be a map sensor inside the little black box. What the heck do i do to get rid of that?

Comment

Does your H22 swap have a MAP sensor connected to the top of the throttle body? If not you will have to keep the MAP. you may be able to relocate it under the IM. Are you just looking to get rid of as much as you can in the engine compartment? Wire tuck? you could drill and run the vacuum hose in through the fire wall and have the black box under your dash somewhere???
              Last edited by GhostAccord; 08-09-2007, 08:31 AM.
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

the black box contains the map sensor, egr solenoid, and evap control solenoid.

to ditch EGR all you can do is remove the valve and replace it with a solid blockoff plate. or if youre just using soda can layers to block it, youll need to leave the valve installed as support.

if you want to pull the EGR stuff out of the black box thats fine, but youll still need it there. .... unless you ditch the EVAP system and get a throttlebody with a map sensor mounted directly to it :P

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Oh. I already have the egr removed and a blockoff plate in its place. I thought i would be able to get rid of all the black box stuff by blocking off the egr. But i guess thats not the case.

Comment

Remove black box, then remove the contents within it and ditch them, except for the map sensor (black rectangular shaped device with one nipple for vacuum hose). Mount the MAP sensor to firewall somehow, connect vacuum hose to MAP sensor and other end of hose to the MAP sensor nipple on the throttle body. Plug all other nipples on throttle body/intake manifold and purge canister (located under fuel filter) that are now left open after removing all the black box contents.

I've done this on my red Accord, no codes thrown and I'm running a chipped P06 ECU that does not recognize the EGR system either. I have my EGR completely removed and the EGR port blocked off with a plate. Like I said, no codes at all regarding any of this and no issues regarding this.
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

what is the point to removing this? hondafan81 tried to explain it to me but i need it done in idiot terms. lol

Comment

cisco got it right.

all the vacuum lines that run into the black box go to specific objects in there.. the black box is just to hide em. open it up and youll see where each item leads. line #21 on the far right top is the map sensor (says it right on the sensor)... pull that with the associated wiring out of the box, and ditch the rest, and plug up any remaining open nipples.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                        Current cars:
                        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                          what is the point to removing this? hondafan81 tried to explain it to me but i need it done in idiot terms. lol

Thanks guys ill be removing that stuff tonight!

Im not quite sure i fully understand it myself but i know it does 2 things:

1.prevents unburned gas from going back into the engine.
                          2.makes my engine bay look neater with less stuff and clutter.

Comment

x2

Comment

Originally posted by Chrisisiced
                              Thanks guys ill be removing that stuff tonight!

Im not quite sure i fully understand it myself but i know it does 2 things:

1.prevents unburned gas from going back into the engine.
                              2.makes my engine bay look neater with less stuff and clutter.

ah. i see said the blind man

Comment

Working...
                              X