Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Going BAD???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going BAD???

Konnichiwa mina-san or is it mina-san konnichiwa, anyways [good morning everyone]

I have a problem that just starting occurring on the night of Wednesday August 08, 2007.

I was driving my CB7 no problem. As i am on the last leg of my block to my house i slowed down to about 05mph. When i pressed the accelerator to increase my speed, my car starting moving but i also felt a little "vibration" and the car felt like it was dragging. I decided to do some test and it is true. At low mph [between 0-10] when i accelerate the car does this weird vibration and the car drags (only if i accelerate easy). If i push the pedal 1/2 way or floor it, then i don't feel that vibration or drag.

Could my engine be going bad or the tranny? Should I change my fuel filter since it only occurs at between 0-10mph and if i accelerate soft. I'm really confused and i hate to get rid of my CB7 (i waited 10yrs to buy one).

Any help or if you guys want me to do some kind of tests to further determine what the problem is, i would truly appreciate it.

Thank you all.
    Member's Page:: Coming Soon

is it auto or standard? My standard does that on occasion, but I've always just ignored it.

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Automagic

i'm one of those that i can't ignore it. I need my car for work.
      oh btw, my Front & Rear engine mounts = bad [will do front myself and i will pay for rear -- assuming that my tranny/engine is not going bad]

Comment

Originally posted by bishpuppy
        Konnichiwa mina-san or is it mina-san konnichiwa, anyways [good morning everyone]
        Should be "Mina-san, konnichiwa."
        My Ride (Click here)

Comment

When is the last time you gave it a tune up?

Comment

Changed the engine oil about 2 months ago
            haven't done a tranny flush yet
            replaced the spark plug 2 weeks after engine oil
            changed the spark plugs cable and distributor cap and rotor cap with spark plugs
            changed my breaks 6 months ago

um, anything in specific you are looking for (since it varies from people to people about a tune up)?

Edit: Timing belt + other belts where changed when i bought the car (will be 1yr in 2 months)

Comment

Originally posted by bishpuppy
              Changed the engine oil about 2 months ago
              haven't done a tranny flush yet
              replaced the spark plug 2 weeks after engine oil
              changed the spark plugs cable and distributor cap and rotor cap with spark plugs
              changed my breaks 6 months ago

um, anything in specific you are looking for (since it varies from people to people about a tune up)?

Edit: Timing belt + other belts where changed when i bought the car (will be 1yr in 2 months)

Well depending on the mileage some say not to flush the trannys....simply change the fluid....ive done so in my cb with 170k miles(change the fluid that is) and she ran better.....so i would try that first and see if it helps...if its not than try cleaning out your fitv and iac ....thats all i got.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie
                Well depending on the mileage some say not to flush the trannys....simply change the fluid....ive done so in my cb with 170k miles(change the fluid that is) and she ran better.....so i would try that first and see if it helps...if its not than try cleaning out your fitv and iac ....thats all i got.
                Engine has 125K miles [93 acc]. When i checked the level of the tranny fluid, it was good, but it was almost clear instead of that reddish color, so i will probably do that today.

not to sound like an id10t but what are the FITV and IAC and are they easy to replace?

Comment

Just did a quick google on whether or not I should do a tranny flush and i decided not to. According to the article, they use a high power pressure to force the liquid BACK [if normal flow is left to right, they make it go right to left], which can damage my tranny. So i will go to Jiffy Lube or something and have them do a tranny oil change or maybe i'll do it myself and do the tranny filter [if there is one] too.

link: http://autotechrepair.suite101.com/article.cfm/040206

Comment

wait ur trans fluid is clear?????????????? thats water dude..... ur shit might be broken..... go to ur local transmission shop and do a tranny diagnostic test...

Comment

let me double check on the color, i'll take a hi-res pic and post it.

Comment

When you're pressing on the gas do your rpm go up while you're having this problem. If not look at your fuel filter. From what you're saying when you press on the gas about half way that's when it accelerates. Sounds like fuel to me but i dunno!
                        "Wise people treasure knowledge, but the babbling of a fool invites disaster" Proverbs 10:14

Comment

sorry, it is a medium brown color

Comment

hey man where is the fuel filter?

Comment

Originally posted by cpl hero
                              When you're pressing on the gas do your rpm go up while you're having this problem. If not look at your fuel filter. From what you're saying when you press on the gas about half way that's when it accelerates. Sounds like fuel to me but i dunno!
                              when it does that issue, the RPMs do go up. I was thinking of changing my fuel filter from about 2 months ago, but i put it off because i heard different ways to change it, so i wasn't sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X