Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22A Supercharger

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H22A Supercharger

About a year ago i got a 90 lx honda accord. I swaped a 92 ex h22a into it from my coupe that i lost in a wreck. I want to put a supercharger on it, but have not been able to find anything. I've already checked out Jackson, but the only thing they offer is a custom charger, which is way out of my budget. Any and all help is welcomed by your fellow cb7tuner. Pics will be available soon.

I'm pretty sure all supercharger options for the h/f22 are custom.

Comment

Yea, all the ones I have seen where custom, but I remember seeing a kit SOMEWHERE on this forum, but I dont think they make it anymore.....

Comment

INFO

Comment

someone was selling a kit for the h22 for like 1200... i think on superhonda but i cant find it now

Comment

Here's one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-01...spagenameZWDVW

Comment

have fun fitting everything in the engine bay

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Originally posted by King James
                have fun fitting everything in the engine bay
                Aint nothing a hammer cant take care of

Comment

like he said "aint nothing a hammer cant take care of" ive seen a jackson in a 4th gen prelude and even a EK so is possible just remember it not going to be easy and MAY (dont flame me) cost you some more than OTHER options but considering most the guys on here are only used to driving turbo cars dont take their word for it but i say ride i comparable cars from either side turbo vs. super i see pros and cons in both so just do a test drive

Comment

http://www.procharger.com/index.html heres another

Comment

Although a supercharger will make some power gains, on a four cylinder it's not really practical. Superchargers take power to make power, and you're taking what little power the engine makes, to make minimal gains. Whereas with a turbo system, you take next to no power to add on top of what you already have. On top of everything I've just written, a supercharger system will be harder to fab up for a car like this than a turbo system would be.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckChoklit
                        Although a supercharger will make some power gains, on a four cylinder it's not really practical. Superchargers take power to make power, and you're taking what little power the engine makes, to make minimal gains. Whereas with a turbo system, you take next to no power to add on top of what you already have. On top of everything I've just written, a supercharger system will be harder to fab up for a car like this than a turbo system would be.
                        x2 (exactly my thoughts) i like this guy
                        Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
                        Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

Originally posted by BuckChoklit
                          Both turbo and supercharger take power to make power, if u want free horse than go with N2O not too mention a ton of torque. But all in all for a stock motor a supercharger is the most practical and reliable of both sources. Maybe a turbo setup will fit better and don't get me wrong its also my choice of the 2 but thats not what were talking about here. If ur a daily driver with a stock motor and don't plan on doing anything more than a little bit of boost, than Yah supercharge it!
                          Last edited by f22hafler; 09-12-2007, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by f22hafler
                            Both turbo and supercharger take power to make power, if u want free horse than go with N2O not too mention a ton of torque. But all in all for a stock motor a supercharger is the most practical and reliable of both sources. Maybe a turbo setup will fit better and don't get me wrong its also my choice of the 2 but thats not what were talking about here.
                            you're wrong. turbos make power from exhaust gases that would otherwise be exiting the tailpipe

engines use power to spin a supercharger. they use a few HP to make a lot more.

superchargers are usually more reliable because they're simpler and give you fewer gains with all things being equal.
                            ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Where do u think turbo lag comes from, and with out a blow off valve u get compressor surge , witch tries to spin the compressor backwards, and with that u get exhaust gases compressed. Massive loss in horse! Even with a blow off valve every time a engine has to force exhaust through a turbo it lags itself down U don't see it though because its building more power than u think !

Comment

Working...
                              X