Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H22A Supercharger

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by f22hafler
    Where do u think turbo lag comes from, and with out a blow off valve u get compressor surge , witch tries to spin the compressor backwards, and with that u get exhaust gases compressed. Massive loss in horse! Even with a blow off valve every time a engine has to force exhaust through a turbo it lags itself down U don't see it though because its building more power than u think !
    you just heard about turbos this morning, didn't you............

do yourself a favor and read up on what parasitic loss is. nothing you mentioned is related to parasitic loss, just an improperly set up turbo system. turbo lag is either a poor design or too large of a turbo. compressor surge is a byproduct of having a solid butterfly in the throttle body, "exhaust gases compressed" is just a failed attempt at sounding knowledgeable, exhaust gases are the driving force of a turbo and the reason it spins.

please, don't be that dumbass who talks shit and knows nothing, just take a while, read up, stop trying to impress folks and do like the rest of us and LEARN. i wasn't born with knowledge of turbos, nothing to be ashamed of, but i'd be embarrassed to spout off what you just said amongst people who DO know their shit.
    ....and on the 7th day, deevergote rested and called his mom.

Comment

Look I'm not trying to start talking shit with u. I'm not a turbo guy but I'm not a moron either. Just because it says I'm a noob on here don't mean shit. The reason for this post was about supercharging a kids car and thats what I posted a answer for. The fact is turbos do, just like superchargers, TAKE POWER TO MAKE POWER, so don't criticize, its a proven fact!

Comment

Originally posted by f22hafler
        Look I'm not trying to start talking shit with u. I'm not a turbo guy but I'm not a moron either. Just because it says I'm a noob on here don't mean shit. The reason for this post was about supercharging a kids car and thats what I posted a answer for. The fact is turbos do, just like superchargers, TAKE POWER TO MAKE POWER, so don't criticize, its a proven fact!
        gonna say it one more fucking time so some other hapless person doesn't come on here, see this and think you know what you're talking about and then perpetuate bad information:

TURBOS MAKE POWER BY UTILIZING WASTED EXHAUST GASES THAT WOULD OTHERWISE JUST SHOOT OUT THE TAILPIPE.

the exhaust gas, as it exits the exhaust manifold on it's way out the muffler and tailpipe, has to go through the turbo's exhaust side. while doing this, it spins the turbo which also includes the turbine on the intake side since it's all connected to one big shaft. that creates the compressed air which is what BOOST is and then it is crammed into the engine.

it uses no belts or pulleys therefore there is NOT parasitic loss associated with turbos. the worst they do is create heat, which everything under the hood already does. a set of louvers fixes that.

but you are totally wrong, turbos do NOT use power to make power, they use wasted exhaust to make power. your post count has nothing to do with anything, you are coming across like a total moron because of the misinformation you're posting. just accept the fact that you were misinformed, learn from it and move on. no big deal, happens to all of us.

Comment

Turbos actually do introduce a good amount of backpressure to the exhaust... which in turn could be seen as something robbing power... like putting a sock in the tailpipe. But it's used to make power. I guess a turbo balances out better than a supercharger.

Originally posted by lordoja
          im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

NOW NOW GUYS...ur going way off topic...the person who started this thread just asked if anybody knows where else to get a supercharger system for his h22...

SO!

lets leave why a turbo vs. supercharger conversation alone...AND theories about one another(right is right and wrong is wrong)...

THEREFORE!!

if u know where there are supercharger kits for the h22...then post a comment...

IF NOT!!!

Shut the hell up(srry my Tourettes) and dont post anything at all...

BUT anyways... sorry dude i dont know anything about where to get superchargers, but im all for u getting it because its nice to see something different on our honda motors...

A wise man sees failure as progress...

Comment

it's simple there is no s/c kit so it's either custom fabbed or not there at all.

also, it's every competent member's job to halt the distribution of misinformation. if not, then this board becomes useless to people who can't discern between fact and fiction.

your post was by far the least helpful. a simple search would have prevented this entire thread.

Comment

jackson racing makes a sc for the h22, its belt driven. someone had one for sale on either honda-tech or superhonda i forget... but there is one

Comment

the problem is not whether there is one or not... everyone knows theres one...

the conflict is the clearance because of the firewall... pretty sure a hammer banging it in will work but do you really want to do that?

Comment

Originally posted by rickyduckworth
                    it's simple there is no s/c kit so it's either custom fabbed or not there at all.

also, it's every competent member's job to halt the distribution of misinformation. if not, then this board becomes useless to people who can't discern between fact and fiction.

your post was by far the least helpful. a simple search would have prevented this entire thread.
                    I'll call B/S on this one. I'm putting a stop to misinformation by informing you that Jackson makes a S/C for the H22.

http://www.supercharger.com/Shop/Vie...eIndexID=33374

It may not be for an Accord but it's made for an H22A. And that is what the OP is asking for. The custom fab part about this setup would be making the room for the rear mount S/c. Everyone talks about hammering the Firewall. What about moving the engine forward. It would probably be easier to fab up some new mounts and measure some new drive shafts. May be able to get away with stock shafts or an off the shelf swap.
                    Last edited by GhostAccord; 09-13-2007, 11:55 AM.
                    MR Thread
                    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by k_bartik
                      I swaped a 92 ex h22a into it from my coupe that i lost in a wreck.
                      a 92 ex h22a?

SOLD!!
                      Boosted H22
                      375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

has anyone tried to put one in there?? if you are really interested call up jackson racing and get the measurements and then measure it may fit, i dont know but hey its worth a shot

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord
                          I'll call B/S on this one. I'm putting a stop to misinformation by informing you that Jackson makes a S/C for the H22.

http://www.supercharger.com/Shop/Vie...eIndexID=33374

It may not be for an Accord but it's made for an H22A. And that is what the OP is asking for. The custom fab part about this setup would be making the room for the rear mount S/c. Everyone talks about hammering the Firewall. What about moving the engine forward. It would probably be easier to fab up some new mounts and measure some new drive shafts. May be able to get away with stock shafts or an off the shelf swap.
                          yeah, they make one for a PRELUDE with the H22.

and people, this firewall clearance issue is not a simple "bang bang it's good to go" thing, it's a real issue hence the reason no one has fucked with it.

as for moving the motor up, well, it's not that simple. the "new drive shafts" would probably bind due to the angles. not only would the joint constantly be flexing up/down but also left/right and they're not meant to do it.

there was a JDM accord engine on here once (just the engine with some type of supercharger), think it was a 2.0 or something, not an h22a, but obviously someone had it in an accord, but again, it was an engine OUT of the car and that's all i ever saw.

there is no supercharger kit for a cb7 with ANY of the engine setups

a belt driven mounted in the front would be your best bet. you could mount it around the airbox area, use a long shaft w/ pulley to drive it off the engine (you'd need a custom bracket to mount the pulley/shaft to as well)
                          Last edited by rickyduckworth; 09-13-2007, 08:13 PM.

Comment

There was a guy no to long ago that posted up a video from youtube with a guy with an h22 accord in europe with a supercharger. So its definitely possible.

You guys really shouldn't bash on a guy because he asked if there is a turbo for the h22. If you all want to go with h22 turbos then go for, but thats not what the guy wants to hear. I'm sure he knows that the turbo is going to be more expensive but some people want what they want. Please stop bashing in this thread.

Honestly how would you feel if you asked a question and everybody on CB7tuner bashed you because you didn't know the answer or the cost? If I had the money I would defiantly go with the supercharger.

End rant:
                            Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                            Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                            JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Originally posted by slick
                              There was a guy no to long ago that posted up a video from youtube with a guy with an h22 accord in europe with a supercharger. So its definitely possible.

You guys really shouldn't bash on a guy because he asked if there is a turbo for the h22. If you all want to go with h22 turbos then go for, but thats not what the guy wants to hear. I'm sure he knows that the turbo is going to be more expensive but some people want what they want. Please stop bashing in this thread.

Honestly how would you feel if you asked a question and everybody on CB7tuner bashed you because you didn't know the answer or the cost? If I had the money I would defiantly go with the supercharger.

End rant:
                              what the fuck are you talking about lol. you sound like the dude who is taking a chick's side and being "the nice guy" because he thinks he'll get laid.

has anyone even put the guy down? he asked about a kit for his h22a accord, and there isn't one. his question has been answered. now, like most threads, it may go on and discuss the issue further (again) and evolve.

i doubt the guy feels ganged up on in any sense of the word.

Comment

and for the record, an acquaintance got the jackson s/c for his lude and while he had it, i had an accord with the head off, so i took the intake manifold off and just set the head up there. it's SERIOUSLY interfering with the firewall AND the hood.

the hood clearance isn't a big deal (scoop or cowl hood) but the firewall is. i'm not just talking out of my ass, i think i mentioned the test fit about 3 years ago on here.

it's totally possible, just not something 99% of the board could or would ever do. it would be one of those things that you do just to prove it's possible or just to be unique, it makes no sense whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                                X