Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

i realy want 2 make it fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i realy want 2 make it fast

i need a lot of advice like 1 should i do the 5speed conversion and how much am i looking at??

2 should i even bother with the F 22 what would u do i got a semi decent job bout 400 every 2 week should i try 2 find an other job so i put more in ??
    TEAM*UGLY

I make shit for money and I have the same feeling man haha. Uh normally people will put on a short ram, maybe a cat back...just free up some ponies in there. The f22 can put down some serious rubber, check out Bisimoto's all engine 9 second f22 for proof.

I'm taking the h23 head route. There isn't a set horsepower gain yet, but its in the ball park of like 150 ponies when all said and done.

Just my 0.02. GL man

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

how much did u pay 4 tha h23 ?

but yea i got a cat bak + i just got some heders in and short ram on the way + my heads been re-built so i dont know but i do want the 5speed conversion
      TEAM*UGLY

Comment

Hondakid, what's your current setup?
        "I'm a dude playing a dude, disguised as another dude"
        "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Romans 10:9
        ><((((º>

Comment

the worst thing you can do when trying to make your car go fast is buy cheap parts (not sayin you are) like steer clear of those ebay chips that supposedly add 20hp all they do is make you run rich.

here is what I would do to get some more power out of the f22

If its not the A6 f22 find an F22A6 Intake Manifold with plenums/or the H23 Intake Manifold, F22A6 ecu, and while your at it the camshaft out of the f22A6,

or if you want to spend money grab somethin like this setup

Delta 272 Cam Regrind

Short/Cold Intake

A good header like a Megan, DC, ETC or if you want to spend some money grab a BISI Header, he has a shop here in CB7 Tuner and that is probably the best header out there right now IMO

While you have the head off for the cam, might as well replace seals, timing belt, and get a good head gasket like a metal one

a nice free flowing exhaust like 2 1/4 all the way back (make sure to get a Mandrel Bent exhaust)

Under drive pulley kit, lightweight flywheel like a 12lb

and after all that stuff you can get a chipped ecu from a member on this board, you will notice a good deal of difference,

OH and yes DEFINIATELY DO THE 5 SPD CONVERSION if you can find an H23 tranny its got shorter gears so it will pick up and go, if you use a stock F22X EX tranny its just long gears, its really up to you but the stuff mentioned isnt a bad way to start. If you need some more help dont hesitate to PM me or ask more question's on this board
          Originally posted by jboyce
          i f'd this girl last night i hadnt seen in a while...used to be cute, but when i had her naked lying on my bed i noticed she had gained alot of weight and looked like a manatee rolling around on my bed.

Comment

92cb7accord said it best. Since you just got your head redone I wouldn't buy a new one. But to answer your question I got mine for 150

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

follow whay they say. but since you already have a rebuilt head keep it. but get a f22a6 cam. along with an f22a6 intake manifold, and (if you dont have the money for an aftermarket one), a f22a4 exhaust manifold.

once you get those and put those on, do some research before you go a lil bit higher on the tuning scale. before you do the h23 head swap, research for it. find out what parts your need. the process of taking off your f22 head and other parts. then be sure to get a Haynes manual. that'll help you along the way.

Comment

hahaha listen to shadow. Oh man I dove right into the head swap, now i'm stuck with just the head and an empty pocket where cash used to be. Be smart about your spendings, it'll kick your ass if your not careful. Also make sure your car is up to stock specs before tuning. High maintenance will keep your car perfect

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Originally posted by CB7lx91
                  hahaha listen to shadow. Oh man I dove right into the head swap, now i'm stuck with just the head and an empty pocket where cash used to be. Be smart about your spendings, it'll kick your ass if your not careful. Also make sure your car is up to stock specs before tuning. High maintenance will keep your car perfect
                  lol. i know how you feel man. i got some crappy suspension off of ebay and i didnt have the money to get a better set up. i JUST got some dropzone lowering springs like a couple of months ago. lol.

like he said. just be smart about modding your car. as long as you spend your money right, youll be ok. if you see some coilovers on ebay for $35-40 and some lowering springs on another site for $200, go with the $200 springs. you wont regret it later on down the road. then you wont have to worry about getting something fixed because you blew a strut b/c of the ebay coilovers.

your ENGINE tho is the life of your car. it would be more expensive to replace your motor than get a strut. you want to be fast? start out with the basics 1st. understand how your motor works 1st. then find out the limits of it, but dont push it too its limits. every motor has been handled a different way than the other so they guy in the cb7 next you may be running his motor to 8K rpms but it probaly built for it.

Comment

Hey CB7LX91, for real we'll be putting out 150 HP. Well there be any change of HP If its a JDM H23?Cause mine is JDM

Comment

if it was well taken care of then you should get a gain out of it. talk to ones who've done the swap before.

Comment

Originally posted by hondakid222
                        i need a lot of advice like 1 should i do the 5speed conversion and how much am i looking at??

2 should i even bother with the F 22 what would u do i got a semi decent job bout 400 every 2 week should i try 2 find an other job so i put more in ??
                        If your car has a very healthy motor and has minimal problems, keep it and do the 5-speed conversion! Otherwise, just remove any parts worth of any value that you can recycle to another 5-speed Accord in better condition, much easier.

Whatever car you start out with, first get the motor in healthy condition. Then, research what you can realistically do for a performance setup and finalize this in your head. Search for parts next of good quality and do not waste your time with parts that do nothing (research this!), do price shopping once you know what you're looking for.

Keep focus, save, keep focus, accumulate all parts, install parts all at one time as one system so you see the total benefit, plan accordingly to accomodate this (full weekend, two full weekends, etc).

Keep in mind, if this is your ONLY daily driver, you can NOT go on some crazy project build unless you have another car to drive because without a job, you will not have income to make this project happen! So if you do not have the ability of driving another car while you work on some "super" project build, then you have to be satisfied with a "mild" build. You can still have fun with your car, just be smart about what you do.

Anyone can do a mild build in a weekend. I'm talking about like my red Accord project. Modified intake system, cylinder head portwork, cam(s), modified exhaust system.
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

follow what HondaFan81 tells you. im sure he'll never steer you wrong. you need help on your car i doubt that theres nothing he cant tell you. he's torn down 2 cars and built them up. both f22 motors

Comment

do a 5 speed swap

272 cam h23a upper intake manifold a6 lower short ram header exhaust remove the AC and power steering maybe slap a 75 shot on it

is what I say you should do

Comment

my 2 cents

Hey ive been doing alot of research lately on the 5spd swap and things like that. I personally am going to do the swap (for around 300 with all the parts) because i love the stick and think its a big diffrence from the automatic. For more hp, if you have a built f22 head, KEEP IT IMO. For about 300-700 or more you can get a dsm turbo kit. Maybe for even less depending on who you know. I would buy some pistons and rods, put those on and put the turbo kit on with the 5spd swap. Get a GOOD tune and you will be solid. Not too sure how much you want to put into your car but with everything, your looking at about a grand for a pretty quick car. The turbo would work well with your car because you have abuilt head and the f22 handles boost really well. But thats just my opinion and what i am gooing to do in a few weeks. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X