Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CB will not start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CB will not start

Ok here we go. I started having problems with my car not wanting to start after I fill it up with gas, so I thought it was something to do with the fuel pump. Tested it and there was nothing wrong with it. Then I noticed I could not hear the pump turn on when I turned the key to the on position so I thought it might be the fuel pump main relay. I could here the relay click when I turned the key but did not hear the pump come on so I replaced it anyway. Still nothing. So after about 30min of turning the key on off on off on off the pump finely cam on and I attempted to start the car. It sounded like one cylinder fired and then quit. So I checked the distributor to see if everything in there was good. Every thing checked out. This is about to drive me insane. When the pump comes on I have good pressure I have spark the injectors resistor is in good shape around 5-7 ohm. Got any ideas what the problem is

1993 CB7 LX
    F22A1

IT IS WHAT IT IS

blown motor? nah im kidding check your ecu fuse.

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

how did you check the fuel pump if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

This happened to me before. At the plug in the back where it would give power to the fuel pump, the connection got loose and burned out. Like it giggled around, and burnt out the metal or something. WHat i did, was just just them and make the wire direct, like just skip the plug. It fixed my problem.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

what about timing?

1992 Honda Accord EX My Ride Thread H23A BLUE TOP Complete

Comment

i droped the tank and hot wired the pump

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

Mine wasn't starting the fuel pump when I tried to start the car.. it would only start when it was cold outside. I went to autozone and got a new main relay that's in the hardest freakn place!! It was $50 bucks but well worth it. I also had to replace the fuel pump.. we I didn't have to replace but it was filthy.

Originally posted by Juice21
              thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
              Originally posted by GameChewer
              Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

i replaced the relay already and and still have the problem. i did get it to start last night however and it ran great but as soon as i turned it off it went back to the same ol thing

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079
                  This happened to me before. At the plug in the back where it would give power to the fuel pump, the connection got loose and burned out. Like it giggled around, and burnt out the metal or something. WHat i did, was just just them and make the wire direct, like just skip the plug. It fixed my problem.

----------------My 92 Honda Accord LX---------------------- My 97 Nissan 240sx LE----

NE GUYS, Buy the last of my accord parts

Comment

i would say check the connection to the pump or make sure it's not a vaccum problem like maybe the pump is working but the fuel isn't getting delivered efficiently

Comment

take out your main relay, jump the yell, and black yell wires with a jumper wire, check for battery voltage at the yellow wire going to the fuel pump, not the sending unit. the fuel pump 2 pin connector. you should have 12 volts there. if you do, check continuity at the black wire to a known good body ground, if you have resistance, then you got a bad fuel pump.
                      The beginning of a new era............................
                      165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                      184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

thanks jhondayaaj. that 's a much better way to check the pump then the way i did it . I don't think it is the pump though. i will check it again your way anyways. thanks

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

Originally posted by JohnD1079

THAT...what you did....if you did it HALFASSED...could cost you your life! :

hard wiring a fuel pump ....it could spark from JARRING ( movement over rough roads )....and guess what....fumes and spark LOVES each other! and they love making explosions!

so I pray to god...what you did...was professional grade! NOTHING LESS!

you're a cool dude..but I dont want to hear any of the members here inflicting harm to themselves because of a electrical rush job. ( especially dealing with gasoline and electrical wires )

so I sure hope that rewiring was PROFESSIONAL GRADE! ( worried )
                          92 LX. A6 with GUDE bullfrog Cam. M2S4 transmission..Gutted H23 intake mani. The rest you will just have to find out!

MR Thread:
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=174586
                          My tribute page: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=70489

Comment

Mine still won't start.. it did a couple of times and then like you said when you cut it off and then try to start it again it will not start.. sounds similar.. I have a blown head and head gasket, maybe that's your problem too

Good luck!

Originally posted by Juice21
                            thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
                            Originally posted by GameChewer
                            Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

SN2BH22CB7 the pump never left the tank and the fuel stayed in a closed loop “out the fuel line in to the filler tub back into the tank no fumes no spark all good ". Thanks for the concern thought. It is good to know that you guys won’t give advice that will potentially harm someone.

IT IS WHAT IT IS

Comment

Working...
                              X