Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Why h23 IM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why h23 IM?

Forgive me but why is it always the h23 upper plenum being swapped onto everyones F22? Could the h22 IM/TB be used?

the h23 upper plenum with the f22a6 lower plenum offers the best gains low end but i will be doing a full h23 im swap, i want it to breathe a bit better up top, and i am removing the butterflies too.

Comment

Removing butterflys will diminish low end considerably

I believe the H22 uses either larger or smaller airways, they dont line up
      Ofcourse with $$$$$ anything is possible
      Your man for wiring solutions!
      CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
      CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

The H23 throttle body and plenum are identical to the H22 parts. The runners are not the same, and the H22 part won't bolt up to the F22 head. The H23 runners will.

And yes, removing the butterflies will decrease low end, but it will free up the upper range a bit (since it removes the restriction)

Comment

What are the advantages in the h23 runners?

Comment

H22 runners DO NOT fit

H23 plenum and throttle body are the same as the h22.

h23 runners are longer which are better for bottom end
            f22a6 runners are shorter which are better for top end.

If you do a h23 IM swap you can use both the runners and plenum but you must use h22/23 TB.
            If you put the h22/23 Plenum on a6 runners then you must use h22/23 tb.

f22 tb is not compatible with the h series plenum. There is a diy in the diy section. I have h23 IM on my auto f22. My bottom end is horrible anyway but it pulls very hard to the rev limiter. Doing the whole swap is really the way to go. But the easy way is to use the a6 runners with the H series plenum. With no butterfly plate bottom end is lost but it really isn't that noticable. The best thing i have found to do is to remove the butterflys by taking out the 8 screws, then on the end furthest away from the vaccume acctuator, remove the small phillips screw and pull the rod out. Then find bolts that almost fit (I can get a size tomorrow) and get a corresponding tap and tap the two wholes on the side. After tapping them put some teflon tape on the bolts and tighten them down. Do not overtighten or you will be drilling and retapping the holes.
            vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

Are you afraid of some 1/10" piece of metal blocking your 2" airway?
              Just take your TB flange out too lol
              Your man for wiring solutions!
              CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
              CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

It's amazing what a small obstruction can do.

Comment

agreed deev. Look at mandrel bending over crush bending. And why a nice smooth header tube over a rough manifold. Little shit makes a difference and it all adds up.

My old setup didn't have the plate in at all and the intake sounded like i was in vtec (you know that real throaty sound) It pulled real hard up to 7k too.

I put the butterfly's back in with my a6 after i blew up my h22 non vtec and the sound is no where the same, and the top end just don't pull as hard as the first sohc i had in that car. Me personally i would leave that plate out period. But i don't really care for the look of my intake manifold being emersed by the valve cover and firewall. I like it right up where i can see it.

**Also if you run A6 runners you have to run the butterfly plate, The IAC won't fit without it. The two tubes on the bottom hit the egr ports**
                  Last edited by arcadiacb7; 12-05-2007, 02:55 AM.
                  vouch for:924dr, sn2bh22cb7, soysaucecb7, ecto1, PRIMESNIPER,2.2litrebeater,turbowagon94, losiracer2,jacobuchanan140, tommi, dannyd

Comment

I thought the h22 plenum and tb were the better option for the f22a6 runners...is there any benefit over h23 vs h22 on the plenum and tb?
                    ____

Comment

They are 100% identical.

Comment

doing this swap helps out in the bottom end, probably accelerating from 0-30mph and considerably in passing power from 65-85. I did this swap yesterday and my car seems to have a lot more torque throughout the entire rpm range. Helps w/ drivability around town too b/c of the added torque.

member's ride thread
                        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                        91 Accord SE 176k
                        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Just like stated, the H23 and H22 plenums are the same, both are stamped P13, runners are different, H23 (F22a port pattern)= P14 stamp, H22= P13.

Comment

It is really a matter of convenience.

If you have A6 runners, you don't NEED H23 runners.

If you have an F22A1 or F22A4, I would probably just swap the whole thing.
                            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Will a F22 TB fit on a H23 IM? i will get a H23 TB soon but i can get the rest of it for $30

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Working...
                              X