Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Toe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toe?

Was just reading a thread and they were talking about camber and toe. I know camber... but wtf is toe?
    My Car
    FREE Web hosting solutions

Originally posted by mchaley
    Was just reading a thread and they were talking about camber and toe. I know camber... but wtf is toe?
    Toe is when the tires are either like: / \ or \ /

And if your toe is out, say good bye to tires. I went through a set of tires in 3000 miles with bad toe adjustment.

Comment

Looking at the front of the car, the wheels will be like pac man and not straight/parallel. Basically, the tires will be going down the road sideways, just dragging the rubber along wearing it away super fast. Camber and toe is the worst combo b/c it focuses the wear onto 1 section of the contact patch.

Comment

oh, I see a lot of drift cars with tires like / \ for show... but I thought that was camber. What is camber then? :P
        My Car

Comment

Originally posted by mchaley
          oh, I see a lot of drift cars with tires like / \ for show... but I thought that was camber. What is camber then? :P

Comment

^^^good post

My Members Ride Thread
            Originally posted by deevergote
            You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

That is cool. Got one for Castor?

My swap thread
              Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Castor is some weird ish. That is what your radius rod adjusts. It is how close to the front or back of the wheel well your tire sits.
                Originally posted by sweet91accord
                if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Caster refers to the angle of the knuckle/suspension hardware to vertical.

There is usually an angle there, to that your knuckle is not actually vertical. It is usually leaned back a few degrees.

I would be similar to the animations posted above, but looking at the side, and having the top of the knuckle angle back for positive caster, or foward for negative caster.

For positive caster, you can look at the angle of the front suspension on a motorcycle.

I am not sure of the exact dynamics of it, but this has a lot to do with stability when going over bumps etc.
                  The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Compare caster to a handtruck... you know, the thing you use to maneuver large objects.

With the thing standing straight up, it's difficult to control if you try to move it. When you tip it backwards, you gain more control. Too far back, you lose that control. Although it's impossible, you could imagine how difficult it'd be to control if you were able to tip it forwards and try to roll it...

Caster is that angle. The forward and backward suspension angle in relation to the wheel. L/======|] <-- Horrible illustration, but imagine that to be the side of your car, and the slanted line is the caster angle of the front wheels/suspension. Make sense?

Comment

Caster is a non tire wear angle will cause a pull to pos, and helps with high speed stablitiy, Lots of sports cars in the 7-8 degree range, and helps the wheel return to center. Camber and Toe have direct effects on each other and Toe will not cause a pull. There is alot of other angles as well that is not thought or talked about SAI, Scrub Radius,Set-back.
                      I am not sure of the exact dynamics of it, but this has a lot to do with stability when going over bumps etc.
                      I think you are talking about bump steer, that is from the rack being out of parellal when you lower the car the rack goes from this - - - to this\ _ / of course not that dramatic

Comment

Huh :P Wasnt Caster the evil character in Face off? :P
                        My Car

Comment

Working...
                        X