cd5tuners post your newest tool purchase - NOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cd5tuners post your newest tool purchase - NOW

i'm bored as fuck. i just bought a new impact gun, well used... i hate the one i have, loud as fuck, heavy, uncomfortable and no power whatsoever... i had the snap on magnesium one i dont know the model number, it sucks. i just got the ingersoll rand 2135 which i use all the time from other guys at work (perfect gun IMO)

i guess i'll start the tool thread, whats your most newest tool purchase?

used tool-IR 2135ti 1/2 impact gun
    brand new- snap on 3/8 air ratchet and o2 sensor socket

Haven't bought any tools lately, but plan on getting a new cheapo paint gun for primer and some other air tools when I get a new compressor. Oh and I'm in the process of building a sandblasting setup.
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by N9netwoAccord View Post
      i'm bored as fuck. i just bought a new impact gun, well used... i hate the one i have, loud as fuck, heavy, uncomfortable and no power whatsoever... i had the snap on magnesium one i dont know the model number, it sucks. i just got the ingersoll rand 2135 which i use all the time from other guys at work (perfect gun IMO)

i guess i'll start the tool thread, whats your most newest tool purchase?

used tool-IR 2135ti 1/2 impact gun
      brand new- snap on 3/8 air ratchet and o2 sensor socket
      I renamed the thread. If you don't like it you can just......tell me what you want it to be My newested one? Uhhhhhh...probably some grinding stone drill bit thingy I used to widen the underside holes of my CF hood.
      1994 Honda Accord SiR Sports Sedan

“When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.” - Abraham Lincoln
      CD5Tuner - A Fifth Generation Accord Community
      PS3 tag: Mechtroop

Comment

5.5mm Valve guide driver.

MR Thread
        GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Haven't bought any tools recently, but am buying these soon:

Comment

Originally posted by HondaGuy1212 View Post
            Haven't bought any tools recently, but am buying these soon:

Those wrenches rocks! Lol they could be so useful when you have long bolts to remove.

Comment

Comment

Bought a $3 hammer from Harbor Freight Tools. Haven't used it yet and kinda afraid to. Also got what seems like a nice,basic multimeter on sale for $2. Looks alot more promising

Comment

Originally posted by fsujunkie View Post
                  Bought a $3 hammer from Harbor Freight Tools. Haven't used it yet and kinda afraid to. Also got what seems like a nice,basic multimeter on sale for $2. Looks alot more promising
                  lol @ the $3 hammer. The multimeter probably won't be as accurate as the good brands.
                  1994 Honda Accord SiR Sports Sedan

“When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.” - Abraham Lincoln
                  CD5Tuner - A Fifth Generation Accord Community
                  PS3 tag: Mechtroop

Comment

I LOVE Harbor Freight Tools!

My two most recent purchases are:

1. A 2 ton, low profile, high lift service jack (from Harbor Freight Tools), because I bent the snot out of my crappy little trolley jack dumping my mother's Caravan off it (nearly killed myself in the process).

2. A disc brake pad spreader, because after 25 years of horsing around with a "C" clamp to re-seat pistons, I finally decided to spend $10 on the right tool for the job.

If we go back a bit farther, the next most recent purchase was a 20 gallon air compressor.

N9netwoAccord, congrats on the IR impact gun, that is in my opinion the best 1/2" impact gun on the market. I've owned a couple of other guns, and considered them all to be toys compared to my IR. If the IR won't take a fastener out, you might as well go straight to the torch, because nothing else is going to get it out either.

Comment

I didnt buy it but i found a pair of channel locks at the junkyard lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TomQuick View Post
                        N9netwoAccord, congrats on the IR impact gun, that is in my opinion the best 1/2" impact gun on the market. I've owned a couple of other guns, and considered them all to be toys compared to my IR. If the IR won't take a fastener out, you might as well go straight to the torch, because nothing else is going to get it out either.
                        i used to think that, and for a while it was the best gun to get.. and IMO is still one of the best, but personally i think the new mac tools gun has more power then the IR gun... if i can't get it off with the IR gun i go and borrow my buddies mac 1/2 gun (its made by aircat i believe, ALOT quieter then the IR...) and 9/10 times that rips it off... if not then it's time to grab a 3/4 gun

for comfort and everyday use the best most obvious choice is the IR gun. for the times you need that power, the mac gun is probably the best 1/2 gun for the job.

Comment

Harbor Freight Tools freaking rocks !!!!
                          I too bought that low-pro floor jack and a Chicago multi tool set to put in a rear fog if i ever get one.

Comment

I just got a 1 ton engine hoist, does that count?

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by EXCHEF2112 View Post
                              Harbor Freight Tools freaking rocks !!!!
                              I too bought that low-pro floor jack and a Chicago multi tool set to put in a rear fog if i ever get one.
                              I got the same jack- works wonders under the ce1! BTW- I want your wheels.... been looking for a set for 3 years! prestone quickfill and release tools- new dremmel and all attachments with metal cut off wheels. This is my 4th dremel in 4 years!

Last edited by da9b16; 04-05-2010, 06:41 PM.
                              WAGONS

94 ce1- f22b DOHC auto swap, ROH 11.1" 99 cl brakes, rear disk swap, dual plenums, aem cai, tein ss, OEM stanley one piecers, OEM stanley yellow fogs, OEM 96 Oddy roof rack, Yakima basketcase, some wheels, some tires.... etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X