High Beam HID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Beam HID

yo so im wanting High Beam HID's i got some low beams already but i need to know if i would use the 9005 HID kit from this site.

http://www.hidnation.com/9005hidkits.html

they have a lamp replacement link and the low beams are 9006 and high is 9005 so i was thinking ide use the 9005 hid kit.
    http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...RG-Results.htm

i just want someone to confirm that thos are the right ones. would suck to get the wrong things!

thanks for the help!
    Accord SE

93se
    Members Ride
    Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
    Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

9005 is the correct size for the high beams.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
    JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom View Post
      9005 is the correct size for the high beams.
      word your awesome!
      Accord SE

93se
      Members Ride
      Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
      Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Not to rain on your parade, but high beam HIDs aren't really necessary IMO. The amount you ever use your high beams, it just isn't needed, especially with the time they take to warm up. You dont usually drive with them on for long periods of time.

Heck, the majority of cars that use low beam HIDs use halogen high beams.

But anyways, USDM lights take 9005 high beam and 9006 low beam with 194 corner lights.

JDM headlights use H1 and H3 bulbs.

Comment

Originally posted by crazymikey View Post
          Not to rain on your parade, but high beam HIDs aren't really necessary IMO. The amount you ever use your high beams, it just isn't needed, especially with the time they take to warm up. You dont usually drive with them on for long periods of time.

Heck, the majority of cars that use low beam HIDs use halogen high beams.

But anyways, USDM lights take 9005 high beam and 9006 low beam with 194 corner lights.

JDM headlights use H1 and H3 bulbs.
          I drive on roads where i have my high beams on for 20-30 minutes and rarely pass another car. These roads are unlite and full of deer

i feel high beam HID's would be a benefit for me.

Comment

A proper hid retrofit with projectors in the low beam area would not require the use of high beams.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
              A proper hid retrofit with projectors in the low beam area would not require the use of high beams.
              This.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I have 6000K (icy blue) HID low beams and 3000k (amber) HID high beams.

For the most part I hardly use the HID high beams cause i live in the city, but they do come in handy on the long stretch highways and or rural roads.

have you guys seen the HID backup lamps? They come in handy on large vehicles (trucks/RV's) and on vehicles with dark tinted windows.
                1993 Accord LX Coupe 5spd

Comment

Low beams SHOULD only point so far ahead and so low

High beams shine much higher so they shine much farther down the road.

A projector does not produce more light it simply allows you to concentrate that light in a certain area very well . With a high beam there is no need to concentrate the light because you want it everywhere.

I've driven a car with HID's at night a few times before and high beams still help

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                    Low beams SHOULD only point so far ahead and so low

High beams shine much higher so they shine much farther down the road.

A projector does not produce more light it simply allows you to concentrate that light in a certain area very well . With a high beam there is no need to concentrate the light because you want it everywhere.

I've driven a car with HID's at night a few times before and high beams still help
                    im not saying point them in the sky, lol. Have you driven a car with a PROPER projector setup? You dont really need to use high beams. Now if its a car with just hid bulbs, then hell yea high beams help lol.

Or retrofit with a hid bi-xenon hid projector. Bad ass. I have the setup in my van.
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

im not saying point them in the sky, lol. Have you driven a car with a PROPER projector setup? You dont really need to use high beams. Now if its a car with just hid bulbs, then hell yea high beams help lol.

Or retrofit with a hid bi-xenon hid projector. Bad ass. I have the setup in my van.
                      Again...

This.

HID projectors with bi-xenon cut-offs are far superior to halogen high beams, virtually rendering them useless once they are installed.

This is one of the many reasons im doing a retrofit with the Morimoto Mini H1s... I will keep the halogen high beams, but they won't be needed.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

It was a 2010 acura TL so yes it was a proper setup.

yes the low beams were bright as hell in that car but on a back road that is unlite ( which i drive on frequently ) but the high beams still did help. The low beams only shined so far down the road before their low aim ended. The actual light from them was bright as hell but it just didn't go far enough. The highbeams were dimmer for sure but they did give me that extra visbility i wanted.

And heres my reason for HID high beams and not low beams

I don't want to stand out at night. I want to look like every other car on the road just a simple stock car. If i want bright light i will turn my brights on and if i want bright headlights i want them BRIGHT. It doesn't matter how bright they are since they aren't on when there are other people oncoming.
                        Last edited by Tippey764; 09-01-2011, 10:40 PM.

Comment

It was a 2010 acura TL so yes it was a proper setup.

And heres my reason for HID high beams and not low beams

I don't want to stand out at night. I want to look like every other car on the road just a simple stock car. If i want bright light i will turn my brights on and if i want bright headlights i want them BRIGHT. It doesn't matter how bright they are since they aren't on when there are other people oncoming.
                          That's reasonable and IMO a good idea for those looking to stay under the radar, but very circumstantial. I don't think this will apply to many people other than you and a few others out in the sticks...Seeing as most people live in cities/suburbs, i don't think it will.

Also, as a side note: OEM TL projector lenses are naturally 'foggy' dues to a textured lens. If you were to experience a 100% clear lens (like the ones from TRS) i think you might be singing a different tune.
                          Last edited by islandhopper; 09-01-2011, 10:53 PM.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

I don't think i would because regardless of the lens coating they will be pointing low as to not be in people eyes. That beam will only go so far before it hits the ground.

Comment

I don't think i would because regardless of the lens coating they will be pointing low as to not be in people eyes. That beam will only go so far before it hits the ground.

Thus a bi-xenon projector will negate the need for using extra bulbs or high beams at all by dropping the cut-off out of the way letting all its light shine out higher and further, due to the intensity of the HID bulb.

Why don't you get this yet?

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Working...
                              X