Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tow Strap for the CB (Not just for looks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
    sorry, work was blockin pics.
    oh gotcha

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

I like the idea but i don't like that it's anchored to the bumper support. All that flex over time will weaken the support and could lead to failure, not to mention it'll affect how the bumper cover will line up with other body panels if the support gets warped/broken.. Mount that sucker to something metal that can support the weight of your car!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Originally posted by islandhopper View Post
        I like the idea but i don't like that it's anchored to the bumper support. All that flex over time will weaken the support and could lead to failure, not to mention it'll affect how the bumper cover will line up with other body panels if the support gets warped/broken.. Mount that sucker to something metal that can support the weight of your car!
        I can't help but be skeptical. Before I posted on here, everyone was saying it wouldn't support the weight of the car at all. I tested it and everything was fine. My bumper is already not lining up properly anyways so that's not so much of a concern. I'm not saying that it can be used everyday for years to come, but given that it will be used at most (knock on wood) once or twice a year. Could it be done better, sure, but is this as bad an idea as everyone seems to paint it out to be, I'm not entirely sure. I may relocate it at a later date, but for now I'm confident it'll work.

Comment

If you are using this at a track (and not just as a "look at me" mod), then the tow hook will primarily be used for dragging your through and out of deep gravel pits, which will put much more stress on the mounting than just the weight of the car.

This video comes to mind:

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

True enough. Ultimately this isn't a race application for me; it's a street car and the only reason I went with the strap is to save the lip when towing.

Comment

Working...
            X