I was bored, so..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was bored, so..

I decided to repaint my intake piping and strut bar. They both originally had the polished look, but both had some scratches from tools and stuff being dropped on them
    Before pics:

After pics:

I also decided to bolt my amp down so it doesn't bounce around in my trunk.

I know the cuts are uneven, it was kind of a spur of the moment thing haha.
    Now I just need to find a way to keep my sub from rolling around..
    1991 Accord LX - R.I.P. you are missed..

1999 Accord EX-V6
    [AMR coilovers/Progress rear sway/NRG strut tower bar/AEM V2 CAI/Morimoto H1 retro/Racing Sparco wheels]

niice...i gotta do that somedaay

Comment

i like that OEM look.. black is very nice

i made my strut bar black too! lol looks OEM
      Omar | aww_shiet | Facebook | Instagram

Comment

i did my intake and strut bar in flat black too, looks much better. looks like you did a good job painting too.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
        - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
        - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
        - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
        - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
        Current cars:
        - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
        - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

good paintjob bro, check mine out when you get a chance in member rides section.

Comment

i love that flat black look! i might have to do that to my intake someday.
            "the J32a2 should be considered one of Honda's masterpieces..." Honda Tuning, July 2006

Comment

yeah it was pretty simple. for the intake i sanded it down a bit with 800 gril sandpaper, then just ran a string through the piping and hung it up, then painted it with high heat engine enamel paint. that way i was able to turn it without messing up the paint hahah. then for the strut bar i just hung it from the two bolt holes on the end. now all i need is to repaint my valve cover and get my engine detailed
              1991 Accord LX - R.I.P. you are missed..

1999 Accord EX-V6
              [AMR coilovers/Progress rear sway/NRG strut tower bar/AEM V2 CAI/Morimoto H1 retro/Racing Sparco wheels]

Comment

Wow that looks really nice in flat black. I am going to do that this weekend. Oh and I liked that idea of hanging it from a string.

"click the picture for members thread"

Comment

Originally posted by sm1ke
                  Now I just need to find a way to keep my sub from rolling around..
                  Try putting it into a box.
                  Nice job on the paint. At first glance I thought I liked the first picture first but after looking at the quality of the paint job I like the new setup better. Nice job.
                  "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

What I did for my subs was push them towards the front of the car and put a piece of wood long enough to go across the bottom of the sub box. Then nailed it in to a slate of wood that was fabricated for the floor of the trunk and we wrapped the wood in cloth, it's a home made custom enclosure, but I think it looks nice. I wish I had some pics of my car up on here. Soon I hope.

SOLD!!
                    Boosted H22
                    375whp 298 ft/lbs at 15psi

MEMBERS RIDE THREAD<<<CLICK FOR VIDS AND COOL PICS

Comment

Wow, that's a really nice touch. It looks better than the polished look imo. Good job
                      Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

Good shiet man! A long time ago I had a polished OBX-R shortram that was scratched up due to tools and the abs pump rubbing against it
                        I however painted it gunmetal and all I can say is you did a really better job painting than i did! Looks really smooth. Hey have you thought about repainting your valve cover? Autozone and wallmart sells wrinkle paint so it'll give that exact oem finish. I bought a valve cover from Primo awhile back and had one of my bois shave the raised lettering. When I get a valve adjustment, i'm going to probably put the new valve cover on. I painted it wrinkle red at first but I re-did it in wrinkle black coz it looks better. Another thing i painted was the heat shield with some high-temp chrome. It looked brand new!
                        I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                        707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                        "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                        '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

oldschool amp

Comment

now you need to clean the rest of the engine bay so it can match. thats one dirty engine bay.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Nice!I painted my pipes flat black too.Now i want a black strut bar too!

My whips!
                              97 eliteS 50cc sold
                              90 CB coupe lx h22 turbo(ITS GONE!)
                              93 CB 4dr ex/se
                              85 Hilux 4x4(chevy 350)traded
                              80 Hilux 2wd still got it
                              73 Opel GT garage queen
                              92 cx hatch b16a ran into the ground
                              93 si hatch b16a type-r trans parted out
                              92 dx hatch fully built GSR "huge" fmi sold
                              09 4dr 4x4 Tacoma small lift daily beater
                              93 dx hatch b16a2 (old team rice car) was free!

Comment

Working...
                              X