Rear glass removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear glass removal?

I've found a couple of rust holes on the boot latch pin where it meets the body, and one by the rear windscreen, I was wondering if it would be easy enough to take the rear window out myself.
    Does anyone know of any methods to use? and the safest for not breaking the glass?

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

damn thats a big whole. Back in school we used a thin peice of copper wire and one guy on the outside and one on the inside and pull back and forth to cut the seal on the glass but go slow or it will bust the glass
    93 accord: F22A swap,T3/T4 turbo, tail wastegate, front mount 27x13x3, hks turbo timer, turbo xs boost controller, msd igintion, 3in downpipe, crane cam 11mm plug wires, denso plugs, no ac or ps,wire tuck, cutted insides, one seat, auto meter boost gauge,oil pressure, a/f,and 5 in tach,act clutch and flywheel.

93 prelude: jdm headlights,OEM carbon fiber hood, tein lowering springs, work racing rims with kumho tires, msd wires and denso plugs,type r shift boot

Comment

u can use real thin piano wire or go to the local window shop and ask them to remove it it should be like 20-30 bucks
      sold to the highest bidding stanger i miss this bitch
      the 93 ex to come soon

Comment

Priced it it the other day its $150, and no garantee they wont break the glass.
        I also heard you can do it with a stanley knife (Although it takes longer)

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Working...
        X