No announcement yet.

valve covers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are yall getting that high gloss shine? Is there a clear coat involved, or is it just spray-on engine enamel and wet sanding or what? Can a clear coat take the heat?

Comment

they sell high tempature clear coat at autozone..

im doing a valve cover soon..idk wat im doing..

im probally doodling one since i love to doodle =)

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

I'm not talking about rattle can clear coat btw. I'm talking about clear coat like is on your car. Pretty sure most rattle can clear coats would either mess up the sharpie or flake off after a while on the car.

Comment

It's all about the prep work you do before you prime and paint things like this.

take your time research and do it right the first time.. or redo it monthly.

edit: on the first page it has a step process that may help you.
          Last edited by KeeleDesign; 07-16-2008, 07:56 AM.
          "Self Renewed"

Comment

Sandblasting ftw. I'm lucky enough to be able to blast mine before paint.

Comment

What's wrong with rattle can clear? Is it really that different from spray-gun clear? I'd think it's the same stuff, just more portable... I do want to get a proper spray gun (wanna paint my whole car eventually, possibly repeatedly), but atm I'm lacking.

@Keele: Thanks for the write-up, and I'm lookin' forward to the finished step-by-step. But is that bit in #4 really necessary? The closest I have to a battery charger is booster cables...

By the way, you (all) have done some awesome art here

Comment

raddle can clear is not the same and is not even close to being the same.. so no it's not gona turn out the way you would hope.

haha, step 4 with charging the product positively or negitively is not no...
                but this is how car manufacturers do it and it seems to really make the bond twice as strong and durable from classes i have been to and from the covers etc.. that i have painted.

I do the same things to the motorcycle tanks i do as well.

I am a firm believer in doing it perfect ONCE and never worry about it again.
                my co-workers hate how maticulate i am.. but hey...Chip foose is more maticulate than i am.. not to mention better.

i will finish the writeup as soon as pictures are available,

Originally posted by Ceil View Post
                What's wrong with rattle can clear? Is it really that different from spray-gun clear? I'd think it's the same stuff, just more portable... I do want to get a proper spray gun (wanna paint my whole car eventually, possibly repeatedly), but atm I'm lacking.

@Keele: Thanks for the write-up, and I'm lookin' forward to the finished step-by-step. But is that bit in #4 really necessary? The closest I have to a battery charger is booster cables...

By the way, you (all) have done some awesome art here
                Last edited by KeeleDesign; 02-15-2009, 04:43 PM.
                "Self Renewed"

Comment

any updates on the cover your doing for me?

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
                  Originally posted by deevergote.
                  But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

yeah, still it's still being cleaned at a friend of mines machine shop, you weren't joking, that sucker was nasty underneith, once it gets back, it's already to wetsand and paint.
                    "Self Renewed"

Comment

that white valvecover is absolutly rediculous.

Which means i <3 it in a special way
                      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
                        that white valvecover is absolutly rediculous.

Which means i <3 it in a special way
                        and out of nowhere he pops in and posts something that actually made, ME.. laugh.
                        "Self Renewed"

Comment

ROFL XD
                          My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

haha, hey its getting better!

Comment

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                              haha, hey its getting better!
                              LOL That shiet is off the hook man! I give it because you know what your art reminds me of? It reminds me of some of my childhood books by Shel Silverstein. The white background and black inked out drawings look like his work from "Where the sidewalk ends" etc....but then again u also got a ACID trip version of "Where's Waldo" in it too.

I vote best valve cover on CB7tuner by far

I need a custom turbo manifold built....
                              707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
                              "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
                              '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

wow, kurobei, you have THE LONGEST sig i have ever seen.

my hat is off to you f22hb, i love the vc

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Working...
                                X