Custom Armrest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Armrest

I have been working on a custom fiberglass armrest for some time now. I finally got it how I almost want it. I had to remove the seats multiple times to get everything done. I couldnt get the right color either. I think I got the color right now but I wish I hadnt made the front quite so wide so i could still stick drinks between the seats. Maybe one day I'll go back and change that. Let me know what you think.

Lots of props for the work, but there is something about it, that I'm not feeling...

Comment

Originally posted by CustomLowz View Post
      Lots of props for the work, but there is something about it, that I'm not feeling...
      I think its the black leather on it. Tan ftw

Links to my rides :
      1992 Accord EX*
      1990 Accord EX
      1991 Accord SE (4th)
      1991 Accord SE (3rd)
      1991 Accord SE (2ND)
      1991 Accord SE

Comment

Good idea poor execution.

Comment

I couldn't find a tan that matched so I choose black to match the dash and cupholder. Hadn't really thought much about it but maybe I should keep looking for tan.

Comment

i agree that it is the shape, it doesnt flow enough for the interior. re-shaping the armrest itself would help a lot. if it was pointy-er on the front, it would look a LOT better IMO. great idea though, much props

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

i really really dont like it. props for the skill and color match

Comment

I think the body of it looks great for something from scratch, and agree with the boxy shape of the lid being able to use some work. Sloping the shape of the corners to curve to the base would let you stretch the vinyl over it and attach it underneath for a stock-type look. It would be super easy if you could steal an armrest top from another car, dc integra style, rewrap it and mount it to your box. Anyhow, nice fiberglass work, props.

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
                After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
                Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
                PM me and get it done right!

Comment

Originally posted by CustomLowz View Post
                  x2 =]

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

OK so I think what everyone is not feeling is the top. I used some thick celled foam so that it would be a little softer than a normal armrest but yet still firm. It's really confortable but maybe I need to do something different.
                    Any suggestions? This is my first fiberglass project and leather too so I'm not super familar with it all. The black part is just attached to the top so it could be easily reworked if someone knows a trick.

Comment

You can thank me when your done.

Comment

i like it!! i was actually thinking someone on here would do or at least attempt it. i think you put alot of time and effort into it. well once you finish tweaking everything post up the finished product. so far so good it looks very nice! keep it up man.
                        frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

i think it would look REALLY good if you re-did the top to look like the p/s job lonski did 2 posts up and if you worked a little on the part where the e-brake sticks out, it looks a little rough there.

'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry

Comment

I was looking at this again and I must say the job you did looks great. I have seen people do it and it did not look as good as this one is. just change the black to tan so you can match

Links to my rides :
                            1992 Accord EX*
                            1990 Accord EX
                            1991 Accord SE (4th)
                            1991 Accord SE (3rd)
                            1991 Accord SE (2ND)
                            1991 Accord SE

Comment

Originally posted by Hondateck2010 View Post
                              I was looking at this again and I must say the job you did looks great. I have seen people do it and it did not look as good as this one is. just change the black to tan so you can match
                              off topic, but WOW man, you REALLY need to trim up your signature, its almost a full page long on my computer!

Comment

Working...
                              X