Custom Interior??? Check This Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheNextEpisode View Post
    do you know how the e-brake set up is going to work?
    It's going to involve welding nuts in the floor or making a bracket, and either extending the rod that connects the cables to the ebrake or getting longer cables. The bracket is seeming like the better choice as the ebrake needs to be bolted right on the curve of the floor pan and is no where near the original bolt holes.

The Legend console is similar with the exception of the ebrake recessed to it sits at the same height as the console, other than that has pretty much the same curveture.

I forgot to mention in the original post that to get the console to sit flush with the dash as in the pics i had to do extensive heating to the console with a heat gun so I could "mould" the shape of the dash into it.....

Member's Ride

Comment

It looks great so far man, but is this going to be a permanent install once its done, or are you making it so that it will be removable separately like the stock console?
      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tweeaks View Post
        It's going to involve welding nuts in the floor or making a bracket, and either extending the rod that connects the cables to the ebrake or getting longer cables. The bracket is seeming like the better choice as the ebrake needs to be bolted right on the curve of the floor pan and is no where near the original bolt holes.
        Yeah I was thinking that the topography of the floor pan would prevent pretty much anything other than brackets. The trick now, like you said, is figuring out how to extend the e-brake cable rod.

A stud extender, similar to but longer than link, might help.

The Legend console is similar with the exception of the ebrake recessed to it sits at the same height as the console, other than that has pretty much the same curveture.
        Good to hear, thanks.

I forgot to mention in the original post that to get the console to sit flush with the dash as in the pics i had to do extensive heating to the console with a heat gun so I could "mould" the shape of the dash into it.....
        That sounds pretty intensive. Did you have to head the back-side of the console while molding it in order to prevent visible cosmetic damage? Or is the stuff durable enough to just take the heat? Based on your pictures, it seems like you did a great job molding it. Good stuff.

Another detail I'm pondering on is that since I have power seat belts, I believe the shoulder belt reel would occupy the same space as the wider console. Just another thing to deal with when I get there, though.

Again good post, this swapping of stock Honda parts on to other Honda cars always makes me giddy.

Comment

A stud extender, similar to but longer than link, might help.
          I hadn't thought of something like that. That's a really good idea. I had planned on just using my old rod and welding it to the CD5 rod....they're the same part.

That sounds pretty intensive. Did you have to head the back-side of the console while molding it in order to prevent visible cosmetic damage? Or is the stuff durable enough to just take the heat?
          I over heated it causing damage. I will be able to fix it though. I plan on smoothing the whole dash anyways I've never cared for the fake leather look.... The plastic could be heated enough to reshape it without damaging it tho if you are careful.

Member's Ride

Comment

looks like it can come out great if u take ur time. When its color matched itll look like its stock.

Comment

Any updates?
              wat?

Comment

Working...
              X