Door Panel Clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door Panel Clips

How the hell do you remove these things?

Im talking about the ones on the back side of the door panel that hold the armrest to the door. I managed to get the ones off the back doors, but the front ones have always been a bitch.

I dont know if i should push on them from the front with a screwdriver or from the back with pliers or what?

Help is appreciated.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
    Originally posted by Jarrett
    Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Anything...?

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.

Comment

I do it with needle nose pilers

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
      01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
      93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
      93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

They look like this

../||\..

I cant get either slanted tab down far enough to slide through the little loop thing.

Comment

If I remember right, the bottom is flat and the top has to be pushed down and slid back at the same time. Needlenose pliers or a flathead screwdriver work best. Yours might just be stuck from never being removed before. I always thought mine came out easy. I use a large flathead to push it down and then pry back.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Yeah, theyre bein a bitch. Ive done the fronts but not the backs and the backs came riught out.

Comment

I may end up having to break them cuz ive been at it for over an hour and they wont budge.

Comment

i had the same problem before. im a competent mechanic and those clips were just NOT COMING OUT.

try to push DOWN first, and then pull outward. if you try to pull the clip out of the hole before pressing it all the way, the sharp edge of the latch tab would get caught into the plastic of the armrest and kind "lock" it there, where the harder you pull on it the tighter it digs in.

i forget what i ended up doing... instead of squeezing the clip from the flared/tabbed edge, try using a flathead screwdriver on the other side to push the latched part down and through. otherwise try pliers, or just squeeze the clips so hard that they crush and pull out.

youre not alone though, they frustrated me for a good while.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                Current cars:
                - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I ended up just beding the front tab and ill bend it back when i put it back, lol.

Youll love my next problem...

Comment

Working...
                  X