Door Open Lights Stay On....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door Open Lights Stay On....

the lights on the cluster showing open doors are staying on in my car. All doors and the trunk lid lights are staying on. This is fromt he time I start the car to I cut it off. I drive about an hour to work and the lights stay on solid the entire time....ideas anyone?

I can live with this but would like to get it cleared up if possible.
    -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
    -1993 Accord EX SOLD
    -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
    -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Your door switches open/closed switches sound bad. This happend on my brothers accord, exept they were stuck in the closed position so we never fixed it. Quick test would be to pull the switch in and out on each door and see if the light goes off.

Comment

on your door jam, there's this black piece that slides in and out with the door open, see if it's stuck.

Comment

i doubt it would be at the doors if they are all doing it. i would look for a short somewhere in the harness under the dash.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
          i doubt it would be at the doors if they are all doing it. i would look for a short somewhere in the harness under the dash.
          x5 on that one, had the same problem before and it was somewires behide the cluster tho this may not be ur problem

Links to my rides :
          1992 Accord EX*
          1990 Accord EX
          1991 Accord SE (4th)
          1991 Accord SE (3rd)
          1991 Accord SE (2ND)
          1991 Accord SE

Comment

Working...
          X