A few interior questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few interior questions

I've seen on here that some people have dyed the vinyl on the door panels a different color (i.e. blue to black) and I was wondering where you would buy vinyl dye?

Also, the reflective, chrome-looking covers on my door handles and e-brake are coming off, where could I get something to replace that?

One last question, any suggestions on interior paints?
    We are all ricers, it just depends what flavor rice you are.

Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.

My For Sale Thread
    Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

I did a few panels using Dupli-color flat black vinyl and fabric paint. It is okay, but not the greatest. And it takes a while to set up, like 2 weeks, maybe more depending on the time of year. But once it sets up it holds good. Most people use SEM, which is more of a spray dye than a paint. But it is a bit pricier.
    Originally posted by 92dm
    I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
    VOUCHES
    Bought from: cb95spd

Comment

you could always replace your interior pieces/components from other cbs that have that oem color, usually paint comes off after a few years, as for the door handles you can replace them with new or used ones, you do know that you have enough post to buy stuff on the classifieds section right?

Comment

Originally posted by bluecb7 View Post
        I did a few panels using Dupli-color flat black vinyl and fabric paint. It is okay, but not the greatest. And it takes a while to set up, like 2 weeks, maybe more depending on the time of year. But once it sets up it holds good. Most people use SEM, which is more of a spray dye than a paint. But it is a bit pricier.
        Where can I pick up some of that SEM?

My For Sale Thread
        Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

Originally posted by h22anow View Post
          you could always replace your interior pieces/components from other cbs that have that oem color, usually paint comes off after a few years, as for the door handles you can replace them with new or used ones, you do know that you have enough post to buy stuff on the classifieds section right?
          I know that some cb7s come with a black dash, and I'd like to swap mine out for a black one one day, but is there an interior color that I don't know about that has black vinyl on the door panels? And yeah I know I've got enough posts, only visit the site a few times a week for short periods of time, I'll check that out though to see what I can find. Thanks.

My For Sale Thread
          Bowling Pin Shift Knobs

Comment

there are cb's with full black interiors, but i cant remember exactly what they are right now. i want to say pheonix red cb's had black and gray interior trim, but i cant say for sure.

as for dying, i did mine with the duplicolor fabric and vinyl dye and they turned out great, but i spent a TON of time getting it right. also, dont try dying any of the hard plastic pieces in the car, it will scrape off very easily.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
            Originally posted by Stephen Fry
            'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
            Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

best oem black finish

SEM landau black, hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                best oem black finish

x2. search for mndude07's member's ride thread. he dyed all of his interior with SEM stuff and it is still minty every time i get in it and he did it 2-3 years ago.
                Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 10-24-2009, 06:25 AM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

go to the interior section and look around, there was and still is quite a bit of this going on a few months back.

Once your post count gets high enough check the for sale section, just log into it (have to find the password...it's hidden in the sticky...it's a rule...you have to read that sticky to get in) and AFTER that search the for sale section (you can't search unless you've already entered the password) for black interior.

It's not that easy to find though...which is why dying is your more likely option...but there are some members that have done very good jobs. Keep an eye on their rides for longevity of the dye...but they have a good idea of how long it'll last.

I subscribed to their posts...but don't recall who they are off hand.
                  ____

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                    best oem black finish

aint that the truth. you can also get a black dash from a tan interior

Comment

Working...
                    X