wink mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wink mirror

would this one fit if it does would i just mount and make brakets for it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-Bu...item1c0d474223

ive seen them in eg civics..they usually remove the sunvisors and use those mounting points

Comment

How exactly does that work?

Underground.Society
      Originally posted by Deevergote
      If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Comment

remove the visors by unscrewing the 2 phillips screws that hold each one on. Then reuse one screw on each side to hold on the mirror. Here's a picture of mine when I had it in my car.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by lummieCB7 View Post
          remove the visors by unscrewing the 2 phillips screws that hold each one on. Then reuse one screw on each side to hold on the mirror. Here's a picture of mine when I had it in my car.

nice! thanx for explaining it
          i ran a 5 panel mirror..but i'd rather keep the visors to block the hot cali sun!

Comment

Originally posted by lummieCB7 View Post

did thos brackets come with the mirror too?

Comment

Originally posted by CBkid93 View Post
              did thos brackets come with the mirror too?
              Yeah it should be included with the mirror. It should have 2 right angle brackets with a nut and bolt, 2 longer slide brackets and 2 knobs for quick adjustments. One thing about the wink mirror is that it vibrates a lot. I used to have a small beanie baby stuffed in the space between the mirror and the windshield to help dampen the vibrations.
              ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::For Sale Thread::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::::::::::::: S2K::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::: CB7:::::::::::::::: Flickr

Comment

I guess these are usefull but goddamn is that ugly.

I have never seen this before.

Comment

LOL I was just thinking that it looks god awful.

I could see elderly people using this but in the tuner section i'd never imagine.
                  Meh, not feeling the honda game anymore.
                  MY CAR IS SOLD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                    I guess these are usefull but goddamn is that ugly.

I have never seen this before.
                    These were use a lot back in the 80's and they add for a great view, remember my uncle always had them in his ae86's(he had 6 diff ones throughout his life) and his rx-7 back then.I guess I'm old.LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by CAMILOSI View Post
                      These were use a lot back in the 80's and they add for a great view, remember my uncle always had them in his ae86's(he had 6 diff ones throughout his life) and his rx-7 back then.I guess I'm old.LOL.
                      I wish I had an uncle like that haha

Underground.Society
                      Originally posted by Deevergote
                      If it doesn't really matter... shut the fuck up and let it be.

Comment

have you been in a car with one of those GIANT rear view mirrors, i believe they are called "broadway mirrors" but i'm not 100% on that...a friend of mine had one in his eclipse and you could literally see in every direction both in and around the car from any seat. they are incredible, and they don't look like shit =)
                        96 mx-6, needs work...
                        91 accord lx sedan, needs work...

Comment

Originally posted by nope View Post
                          have you been in a car with one of those GIANT rear view mirrors, i believe they are called "broadway mirrors" but i'm not 100% on that...a friend of mine had one in his eclipse and you could literally see in every direction both in and around the car from any seat. they are incredible, and they don't look like shit =)
                          ya i have one lol just lookin for somethin alil diffrent

Comment

Originally posted by nope View Post
                            a "broadway mirror" is just a bigger rectangle mirror that sits on top of the stock mirror...
                            these are called 4 panel mirrors or in this case, 5 panel..depending on how many mirrors it has or a "wink mirror". they are def old school!
                            Last edited by PhatAccord; 10-21-2009, 05:06 AM.

Comment

i have one also, i love it.

i left the oem mirror in for something to hang my air freshners on lol.

but unlike lummie, i dont have vibration issues with mine

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Working...
                              X