cluster mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cluster mileage

when you install a gauge cluster from another car do you have to get the miles rolled to equal that which is actually on your car?

Example:

93 Ex cluster 150,XXX miles
    into
    93 SE with 180,XXX

Having 3 different mileages on my car seems kinda odd...

~40k engine
    ~180k body
    ~150k cluster
    Under Construction

Coupes weren't mean to be sleepers

H22power.com

Originally posted by Liljord05
    when you install a gauge cluster from another car do you have to get the miles rolled to equal that which is actually on your car?

Example:

93 Ex cluster 150,XXX miles
    into
    93 SE with 180,XXX

Having 3 different mileages on my car seems kinda odd...

~40k engine
    ~180k body
    ~150k cluster
    That would be a good idea to do so if u want to keep track of the miles on ur motor. U could roll back the #'s yourself by opening up the cluster and roll back the dials, but be careful not to break or force the #'s otherwise u'll mess it up entirely. When I got my H22A swap I actually saw the exact mileage of the engine due to seeing the whole front prelude clip from the dash on. I wrote down those #'s and when everything was swapped in, I changed the #'s to the preludes mileage. The last time I got my car smogged, I added the new mileage from my EDM cluster to my USDM instrument cluster and swapped that in just to be on the safe side. I didn't want to fail visual and didn't know whether the DMV kept track of how many miles I had last on the car.
    I need a custom turbo manifold built....
    707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
    "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
    '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

well I dont exactly know whats on the engine...jdm h22a...but i do know the exact on the body. Maybe just match the new cluster with what is on the body?
      Under Construction

Coupes weren't mean to be sleepers

H22power.com

Comment

Originally posted by Liljord05
        well I dont exactly know whats on the engine...jdm h22a...but i do know the exact on the body. Maybe just match the new cluster with what is on the body?
        You might have around 30k->60k tops on the engine. In Japan it's really expensive to keep an older car and our emissions isn't anything compared to theirs. If you aren't a import crazed fanatic over there, the common people like to buy or trade in for newer cars rather then get taxed more money for keeping it. My uncle in Japan had a Nissan Bluebird, sweet SR20DET auto that seriously felt too fast to be stock. I hope when I go turbo it would pull as fast as that car. He would accelerate normally and that thing just wants to GO! He just recently got rid of it for a Skyline last year. Nothing was wrong with the Bluebird either... He does however keep his old Crown that he cherishes from his youthful days.... I don't know how much he gets taxed for that car though. He also flosses a 97 Mustang GT over there and breaks a lot of import enthusiasts necks.

Well anyways you could do just that, just put the body mileage on the speedo.
        I need a custom turbo manifold built....
        707 NorCal NinjaZ

Honda Twincam Motorwerkz?
        "I am the Yakuza CB7!"
        '92 Accord Sedan SiR

Comment

open the cluster and pull the wheel to the left to unmesh it from the gearing and the wheels spin freely... very easy to set the mileage to whatever you want... i rolled mine back to match the h22 when i had my LX, and rolled it back up when i put it stock to sell it

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

or u can jus take out whatever is wrong in the old cluster and put whatever is new from the new cluster...thats what i did for my kmh gauges. I jus took out mph and put in the kmh along wit the newer tach cuz i didnt want gauges that have km as an odometer.

Hola, tengo tres patas. Me llamo tripod.

Originally posted by d112crzy
            So you're throwing a bitch fit because some other girl at school has the same nail polish and skirt as you do?

Comment

cpmike: what exactly did you do w/ the mileage for the odometer? I've got 2-3 clusters laying around from running back & forth frm. junk yard - I pulled the mileage meter out completely & the gears are just so cramped together.

How exactly did you pull it apart for the wheels to spin freely? I tried the black plastic clip on the very left but it just bends. Am I suppose to pry it / pop it off completely or do something else?

Anyone?
              www.StreetLightz.com

Comment

Originally posted by cyclonus_cb7
                How exactly did you pull it apart for the wheels to spin freely? I tried the black plastic clip on the very left but it just bends. Am I suppose to pry it / pop it off completely or do something else?

Anyone?
                I am swapping a h23a into my car and it has about 29,XXX less miles on the engine compared to the car. I have an extra instrument cluster lying around and I encountered the same thing as cyclonus did. [mike], how exactly did you get the gears to spin freely so that I can have same miles as what my h23a is going to have?

Thanks
                Last edited by 92cord; 11-08-2005, 01:11 PM.
                R.I.P. Molly, you will be missed. Only 16 and your life taken away from an irresponsible driver. (10/14/08)

Sold to: Boost_Lee | Cby0 | CB710AE | CB7lx91 | Davids92Accord | Driftspec310 | F22HB | sunburn | Wed3k

Comment

WOW - I replied to this a LONG time ago ...

Anyway, 92cord, try this:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=32639

Additional (somewhat) info:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...685#post362685
                  www.StreetLightz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kurobei
                    U could roll back the #'s yourself by opening up the cluster and roll back the dials, but be careful not to break or force the #'s otherwise u'll mess it up entirely.
                    Wow talking about a bad idea in getting someone to do something that's illegal in all 50 states...
                    Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                    2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                    2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                    2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

Originally posted by ACCORDianate
                      Wow talking about a bad idea in getting someone to do something that's illegal in all 50 states...
                      i havent been arrested yet

92cord - just play with it, youll figure it out.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                      Current cars:
                      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
                      X