What fricken shift boot WILL work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What fricken shift boot WILL work?

Oh, man. This really ticks me off. I have been working on my car a lot lately. I got a lot done to it, turning it from stock to imo really nice. I don't have a page yet for it, cause I got some querks to work out..one major one is the fricken shift boot! I am soo pissed that after I bought the replacement universal boot, it doesn't fit around that metal rail! What am I supposed to do? What shift boot will fit? do I need to make my own? c'mon...someone.please help! I wanna post pics soo badly, but I gotta work this stuff out..

-A. Swift
    CB7 member number 137
    Black Doubt Crew member #2
    Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

u can use the jdm shift boot(black w/red stitching). a little modification to make it work but will fit alot better than those universal ones..and they look hot too!
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

And, where can I find one like this, for how much?

-A. Swift
      CB7 member number 137

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

try jdmshit.com, jdmparts.com, jspec.com, or even ebay. usually any shop that deals with genuine jdm products will have it. they can run from $30-$40..
        5.6L V8 32V DOHC
        JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

do I have any other options?

-A. Swift
          CB7 member number 137

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty1638
            do I have any other options?

-A. Swift
            trust me, you won't regret gettin' the jdm boot. other than universal boots or the factory boot, ur gonna spend the same around the same amount of $$$..so just go with it. i have a pic of my interior with it(but its dirty) on my members profile. see what u think.
            5.6L V8 32V DOHC
            JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

i bought a wheelskins boot from jc whitney its nice as hell. great quality and it was only $20
              cb7 sold
              2002 mineral gray mustang gt not stock
              95 accord lx daily driver

Comment

you could also try momo products if that's your style. primo named most of the places you should be able to find a shift boot.
                other retailers are www.optauto.com www.ltbmotorsports.com i believe even www.crutchfield.com carries shift boots as well (ichiban, apc, maybe sparco?). hell, even www.pepboys.com (besides apc, they also carry sparco)

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

id go with momo.. theyre quality, although theyre on the expensive side

Comment

When I bought my car it already had an aftermarket shift boot and a bling bling wood grain shift knob Well I trashed the knob and put a 92-95 Civic OEM knob which I must say looks nice.

I don't know where the boot came from but it's the only damn thing the previous owner did right.
                    My unupdate website Speedworx-online.com, lol. <click here>.

Comment

got pics?

guys, I am tired of this crap. My car has the original boot on it, with the apc one over it ,to try and hide the tears and cuts. IT looks totally hack ,adn it is driving me nuts!!! I am willing to change the boot today, even knowing the fact that it is windchill outside, and i believe 2 degrees, as long as I can do that today. I also gotta take out the apc boot, fix the neons for under the dash, and whatnot, but this happens when I remove the center counsole, and I would rather do that when I can get it all done at once..

-A. Swift
                      CB7 member number 137

Comment

Here you go, excuse the dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by BustedLX
                          Here you go, excuse the dirt.

me likey!
                          2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                          2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

whats that thing in the lower right of the pic?

sorry if this was already expained somewhere.

JDMED

buy my jdm part
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

Re: whats that thing in the lower right of the pic?

Originally posted by 4drcord
                              sorry if this was already expained somewhere.
                              I don't know what you are asking about so I'll explain the uncommon things in the picture the rest you can figure out. There's my SmartSiren, It controls all my strobes (light show) and is a Siren, Basically standard issue for many police departments. Then there is the Mic, To use the PA, and the filler (nozzle) for my race gas bottle.

Comment

Working...
                              X