• Show
Clear All

yeah i was talking about the siren

thats cool.

JDMED

buy my jdm part
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=544951#post544951

Comment

Well, a while back I went ahead and bought a JDM black leather shift boot, originally for (I think) a s2000. Well, it worked and looked great for a while..then I tore the slits in the leather, especially when I shift into reverse..I guess the boot is stretching too far, and so I gotta get another boot..the boot is comming out at the front, and I keep using a flat-head screwdriver to tuck it back in, only to pull it back out like 2 seconds later..what is the problem here? What shift boot can I get for this car, that is made for it, but works with aftermarket knobs? Would it help if i got a short-throw shifter?

-A. Swift
      CB7 member number 137
      Black Doubt Crew member #2
      Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

I have been using a black leather GSR boot with a Spoon duracon knob, with the prelude shift assembly in my 91 accord. Works and looks great!

Comment

lemme see...my jdm boot, wit the glo-h knob jsut seems to pull the boot up, from the front of the metal "frame" the boot attaches too..arg!!! to replace the boot, i gotta cut the damn knob, and re-solder it when assembled..god, i gotta hook it ot a connector or sumthin! I hope to get a new boot, so when i get my all black interior (hopefully, i will) i can do that at the same time...

-A. Swift
          CB7 member number 137
          Black Doubt Crew member #2
          Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

A lot of smaller shops carry the CTR and ITR shift boots for $25 a piece. When you get one remove the metal bracket and stretch the boot over your original metal bracket. (it's a tight fit, but it works-just don't yank on the boot a lot or you could tear it.) Depending on the shift knob, I highly recommend hunting down the JDM shift collar to keep the boot up. It really changes the whole look of the assembly to almost stock.

Comment

A ziptie under the boot holds the boot up.

Comment

Holy 2004!!!

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

thread from the dead
                  UNDERGROUND SOCIETY
                  NEW COUPE MEMBERS RIDE THREAD COMMING SOON

Comment

My fault....I searched for something and mixed it up with the new posts page. Blah.

Comment

lol, thats what you get for using the search button.

Comment

i made my shift boot. home-ec class ftw!

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                        Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                        'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                        Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

i have a DIY on it
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

if you bring it to an apolstry shop you can a one off made to the existing ring fora bout 25-35 bucks

Hustle Hard! This is a design of some gear I've been workin on.

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty1638
                              Oh, man. This really ticks me off. I have been working on my car a lot lately. I got a lot done to it, turning it from stock to imo really nice. I don't have a page yet for it, cause I got some querks to work out..one major one is the fricken shift boot! I am soo pissed that after I bought the replacement universal boot, it doesn't fit around that metal rail! What am I supposed to do? What shift boot will fit? do I need to make my own? c'mon...someone.please help! I wanna post pics soo badly, but I gotta work this stuff out..

-A. Swift
                              Are you using a stock shifter and knob? Why not just order a new boot from majestic honda? I believe mine ran me less than $20 bucks. Not to mention its oem fit lol. And i want to say shipping only took 5 days. But i did order other shit at the time.

Comment

well besides all that...he said he couldnt get it over the ring. the ring goes over it not the way he said it! maybe he just didnt know what he was doing i went from auto 2 manual and mine works fine first try stock boot and a 01 civic knob(smaller around then cb)

smoke tires, not drugs.

Comment

Working...
                                X