JDM madness as of late

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
    the dude wasted 2000 grand on those rims and was pissed that he got had.
    Damn for 2 million dollars why didn't he just buy a real set???

And I don't blame sellers at all... caveat emptor... if a buyer is gonna be stupid that is cool with me as a seller. To a degree JDM is a waste even when the parts are legit, so to expect stuff to be cheap when they're really luxury items is unreasonable. JDM headlights cost 2-3x what USDM headlights do because people want them that much more and are willing to pay that much for them. No big deal

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I was a lil tired i meant $2000
      NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
      DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Originally posted by xScott View Post
        considering ive finally ran out of JDM stuff to buy

i think not....

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
        I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

Holy BUMPAGE..2004....

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
          I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Comment

everyone is trying to the JDM thing. OMG. i mean it looks good. dont get me wrong. but EVERYONE is doing it. JDM headlights, JDM rims, JDM conversions, even people getting excited because they got a freakin JDM armrest. wtf? seriously.

all those people who have the entire car JDm, some do look good, but with all that crap like the bumper pole, the intersection lights on the side of the bumper, JDM fogs, JDM lip(whatever), and all the rest of the JDM crpa on the car makes it look like too much has been done. im more into a clean smooth look than putting a crap load of over priced lights on my car.

Comment

I dont think the trend itself is getting out of hand but the pricing is. I remember back when I first started to phase out the body kit and stuff and go for the cleaner JDM/stocker look. The guys on the board were willing to cut a deal and help out a member. Now you look at the parts and HOLY HELL the pricing is OUTRAGEOUS!!!

I remember seeing on a thread about something on eby that there is an unmentionable member here who has went through like 3 or 4 different SNs that sells JDM parts here and on ebay and has them marked WAY higher than what they originally purchased them for.

Some things like the flushmount or Low type spoiler were NOT just a jdm option, as seen on MANY threads they have been found in UNITED STATES junkyards on car.

The price jacking and ripping off really needs to end. I know theres going to be SOMEONE who talks about supply and demand and making a profit and so forth but really come on, I have seen what some of these parts can go for and the prices they are trying to sell them to us for is ridiculous to say the least.

Thats exactly why I have been waiting to buy the parts that I want because I WILL NOT buy them unless its a good deal.

My old black coupe had all the JDM lights and the bumper pole and the prices I paid were:

Headlights (rare 92-93 1 pc "smoked") -170SHIPPED
              Intersection lights -75SHIPPED
              92-93 JDM fogs WITH HARNESSES AND SWITCH- 155SHIPPED
              bumper pole- traded xscott for some headlights
              half antenna with harness and switch- 80SHIPPED
              Last edited by JDMCB3Si; 06-20-2009, 12:24 PM.
              "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
              sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
              Did work for: jhoff_cb7
              Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

If ppl are paying those prices then it's not ripping off at all. I bought my bike in like 2007 for $550 new + assembled with a store warrantee. The same bike now goes for about $800 from the same store with the same parts. Why? Cause people are going ape shit for fixed gear bikes now. I have another bike in 2007 that was prob. worth like 150 all tuned up. Now, same bike (with some NJS parts... track bike equivalent of JDM) could honestly go for $300-350 as is. There are bike shops selling these bikes (the frames are from the 70s + aren't even real track geometry) for close to $400, and they're moving!

Is it messed up? I don't think so. On one side yea it sucks for the customer but people dont go into business to be nice, they go into it to make money. As long as people aren't outright cheating or lying (selling USDM parts as JDM for example) I don't see the problem

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                  everyone is trying to the JDM thing. OMG. i mean it looks good. dont get me wrong. but EVERYONE is doing it. JDM headlights, JDM rims, JDM conversions, even people getting excited because they got a freakin JDM armrest. wtf? seriously.

all those people who have the entire car JDm, some do look good, but with all that crap like the bumper pole, the intersection lights on the side of the bumper, JDM fogs, JDM lip(whatever), and all the rest of the JDM crpa on the car makes it look like too much has been done. im more into a clean smooth look than putting a crap load of over priced lights on my car.
                  I agree. Looks way overdone. I'd probably do some of it if it was actually affordable.

People go way too far with it though.

Comment

its all a matter of opinion though. (i heard a nice saying i can use here. opinions are like assholes..... everyone has one) i personally like some of the jdm look. (yes i have a full jdm front end so what?) i like it and i paid quite a bit for it but if it were painted to match my car it would look better.

some people just try to go to far with it though. just cuz you have a jdm armrest doesnt mean your JDM so gtfo with that shit. plenty of people out there want stuff thats rare like the USDM flushy and are willing to pay for it thats why prices get so high. one person sold one for like 300 they paid only like 100 for it and now everyone expects to get that much and those type of deals so they can make some money too.

now im selling off my jdm parts and if i were trying to rip anyone off i would have told them what i wanted and no less. but i am accepting offers to see what someone will pay. i have had some horrible offers but ones on the table now and its nowhere near what i want but im possibly going to do it because the guy is nice

ok im done typing this much i hate reading so i dont know how i typed this much
                    Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                    Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                    JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

Wow, back from the dead.

Yes the JDM scene is getting out of hand to a point where people do not understand what JDM parts really are anymore.

Originally posted by Darkcloud View Post
                      I'm content on the jdm parts. Somethings I want, and somethings I think are pointless that cast way to much money for a piece of plastic (ex. the golden eagle badge I've that on ebay for $100 and some other things.
                      I agree with you 100% Don't get me wrong, some people have it and that's cool. But I really do NOT understand the craze with eagles.
                      Yes I have a ton of JDM parts, but that was all pick and choose parts. I didn't throw every damn part I could find. I used to have intersections and gave it to kurobei to sell. It caused clutter on my bumper.

JDM parts are nice because they're authentic and different (used to be), but people claiming their cars are JDM when they don't have a single JDM part is just an annoyance. In all honestly, my car will never be fully JDM. I need to go buy a RHD from japan, then we'll be talking.
                      Last edited by jdm_inspired; 06-20-2009, 03:17 PM.

Follow me on IG: @jdm_inspired

93 'til infinity

Comment

"JDM" Honda Trash bin for $350. Now that's a true item.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by Konigstiger View Post
                          "JDM" Honda Trash bin for $350. Now that's a true item.
                          roflmao
                          Maple50175 - you're annoying =P
                          Brandoncb7 - I don't mean to come across like an ass but I see why you irritate Aaron now.
                          JoshM - Crotch rocket = chick magnet.

Comment

I took my car through all the Phases. (full kit, 20 inch chrome, etc.) I even had the chrome over the wheel well at one time. After I broke the front spoiler for the hundredth time, I wanted something new. Someone on this site was selling a complete JDM bumper with fogs, intersections, bumper pole, and complete harness. I didn't even know what the bumper pole was for. I bought it because I liked how it looked, JDM had nothing to do with it. When i get tired of how it looks now, I'll change to another style. This car is my hobby.

PURCHASED NOVEMBER 1991. THAT'S RIGHT, I'M THE ONE AND ONLY OWNER. BEAT THAT!

Comment

Also this damn armrest everyone is referring to has NOTHING to do with JDM they can be found in certain USDM wagons also!!!!!! It is JUST like the spoiler it only was either a dealer installed option on certain cars or came of a wagon or coupe that went to japan from the US hence the HOA badges coming from the same car.
                              "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
                              sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
                              Did work for: jhoff_cb7
                              Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

Originally posted by r1emperor View Post
                                I bought it because I liked how it looked, JDM had nothing to do with it. When i get tired of how it looks now, I'll change to another style. This car is my hobby.

Word, who cares where it's from. If I think it looks good, I'll buy it.

Originally posted by Maple50175
                                Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Working...
                                X