• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lowoctane
    people spend 2k on a full bodykit not installed, just JDM is cheaper lol
    What about JDM kits? heh...

Originally posted by onewisepunk
    I think I'll start a new trend....im going all USDM!
    I like your style...

Originally posted by accord4thgen
    If you spray paint your rims to get that supposed "JDM Look" then I guess its pretty cheap.
    Hey... just because I sprayed my alloys gunmetal doesn't mean I was going for a "JDM" look... and I don't appreciate the insinuation... I did it because I like gunmetal...

I agree with what alot of what wikked said... especially about the Xenon Mild lip... it is hardly JDM... So stop calling it that... you know who you are...

I think it is inevitable that it spreads when people share the info, the pics and mostly the enthusiasm...

I think you scott went nuts with the JDM stuff in a very short period of time... you a JDM freak meng...

Still though, I like your style brother...ever since I saw the fender stripes... I think you are just kinda doing your own thing and not getting all the cool stuff you can just to be cool... you seem to be doing it for the right reasons (because you like it) and not flaunting it just for bragging rights(well, not too much anyways...)
    RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Thanks man. Yeah, i guess the original things I bought (headlights, cluster, and steering wheel) i originally bought because they were different than OEM, and clean at the same time. It kinda snowballed from there.

Comment

ok i read everybodys post my opinion is that jdm is here to stay for a while. not more to say about it. i cant stand that when people paint there oem alloys gunmteal and flat black and sayin that its a jdm style its not, its just your style of it or dont lie rims or dont have money for rims.i also hate that people do paint the rims. please stop it. you just cant have the same cb7 that you see everytime you turn your head.itsliek a civic there are to many parts fora civic that some people so teh same shit to thats y jdm is a good thing and also a back thing (bitters,copycats) i think speding money on jdm shit is ok aslong as you dont overdo it with all the jdm shit. going all out is one thing a few pieces here and there are ok. the money fast and furious was joke

Comment

^ no clue what you just said

but anyways, my take is simple... the whole "JDM" thing is probably a fad, like most things. It'll be popular until the next "cool" thing comes along then everyone will jump on it... cept the few that trully LIKE the JDM "style". There's always people who are more worried if other people like there car, than if they trully like it themselves... personally, I could give a shit less if anyone liked my car, as long as it is the way I want it
          OS^e
          1993 Honda Accord LX Coupe

My Members Ride's Thread

StickyDilJoe: "JDM may be a fad, but making your car look like shit... thats forever"

Comment

i used to be all crazy about trying to collect everything JDM... but i was too poor to actually go ahead and do that. since then its become more of a curiousity thing, its interesting to learn about all the differences and options, some of which i like, so i got them/plan to get them.

Still though, I like your style brother...ever since I saw the fender stripes... I think you are just kinda doing your own thing and not getting all the cool stuff you can just to be cool... you seem to be doing it for the right reasons (because you like it) and not flaunting it just for bragging rights(well, not too much anyways...)
            thats why both of you are cool

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by 93akkord
              ^ no clue what you just said

but anyways, my take is simple... the whole "JDM" thing is probably a fad, like most things. It'll be popular until the next "cool" thing comes along then everyone will jump on it... cept the few that trully LIKE the JDM "style". There's always people who are more worried if other people like there car, than if they trully like it themselves... personally, I could give a shit less if anyone liked my car, as long as it is the way I want it
              I WAS HALF A SLEEP TYPING THIS

Comment

ha...I love how almost EVERYTHING on ebay is JDM
                ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
                  ha...I love how almost EVERYTHING on ebay is JDM

Comment

^ Funny card you threw there

I think this JDM thing is getting out of hand. Some cars have almost every "JDM" part on there car that it starts to look tacky IMO. I still like the look when it comes to having a few parts. Only problem I have is when people will say my car is JDM when the only thing JDM on my car are my Enkei wheels. Everything else is either Ebay, DIY, or USDM which includes the rare OEM USDM flushmount.
                    ]

Comment

WTF is this? later.
                      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG View Post
                        WTF is this? later.
                        H AHA HA...love the card

sadly...it is all my fault

I did a search for something...had NUMEROUS pages up to read from that search (I don't know how this one came up)...

also clicked open all the "new posts" I liked...

then I found what I wanted...thought I closed all those searches...and began replying to the "new posts"

and posted in a FIVE YEAR OLD thread...I fail.

sorry guys---noob move

no matter how many time I see this I just love it!
                        ____

Comment

Ever type in JDM on craigslist as a keyword search??

People tag it to everything. And 99.9% of it is USDM.

IMO it has moved from a tuning trend to a phrase.

:edit: It does however disgust me to see all the new members on here who have JDM in their name with stock cars.
                          Originally posted by chessboxer
                          We know these are good cars, but for some reason, all the world wants are freaking civics and tegs. Bleck.
                          Bought From: Slammed4thGen TypeG x2DeevergoteBillKisme

Comment

I have a JDM LHD burgundy interior for sale

Originally posted by lordoja
                            im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                              I have a JDM LHD burgundy interior for sale

. . . lol

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
                              - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Comment

It is sad to see how everyone is trying to do the jdm phase,eg's,da's,and dc's lok the same to me know,I have gotten into arguement's with people who claim that they have jdm parts but they're really knock offs, like the rota J-mags that look like the mugen M7's I think, there was someone that walked in my buddies shop who bought them from somebody who engraved the rims with the mugen logo I noticed that the mugen logo was off and told him about it. the dude wasted 2000 grand on those rims and was pissed that he got had. I know I kind of got off topic but the point I'm trying to is that the jdm craze is so big that people are ripping others who don't know what they're buying with some f#$ked up parts or putting jdm to eveything to sell it, like those ugly ass 1 piece project lights jdm my ass those look like APC built to me lol.

I'm content on the jdm parts. Somethings I want, and somethings I think are pointless that cast way to much money for a piece of plastic (ex. the golden eagle badge I've that on ebay for $100 and some other things.
                                NEW CB

old Darkcloud : 1990 Accord EX MRT

new
                                DARKCLOUD : 90 ACCORD EX MRT

Comment

Working...
                                X