No announcement yet.

Morimoto Mini D2S Projector Retrofit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dam really 45 minutes....., I got mines cracked open in like 10 with a heat gun.

Comment

Originally posted by otto07 View Post
      dam really 45 minutes....., I got mines cracked open in like 10 with a heat gun.
      Good for you. LOL. I cant for the hell of it do that. What was happening is that everything kept getting cold by the time everything was heated up and I was taking it apart.

Ill try it again with my brothers in a week, if it gives me a hard time...im going to kick your ass lol JK
      What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Lol just put it on max heat and heat one section then pull it apart. Then keep moving around the light

Edit:

In housing pics

Last edited by otto07; 02-07-2012, 05:22 AM.

Comment

bump for a quick question...

Did you guys buy a new sealant to re-seal the headlights or did you guys just re heat the old one?

Comment

most guys reheat it and are fine, I never was confident about it because it seems like it wont create a good seal. So I picked up some butyl from TRFS. If you want the factory gray kiotto stuff they have it on lightwerkz.com.

However with my brothers ill be doing this week, im just going to reuse the old stuff.
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

thanks for the pics...
              I think I am leaving mine chrome.
              MadLab Racing
              Southern Maryland

Comment

i just ordered some Butyl sealant....

i wish i would have left a circular ring chrome just by the projector lens so it would pop a little more.

like this:

Last edited by otto07; 02-08-2012, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Yea chrome helps make it more classy. Check these out.

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...ight=99+accord

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...ight=99+accord

Retro!

Hater

Comment

oo. well you live and you learn i guess.

I really want to flip the bowl upside down tho like jack lee did

Comment

oo. well you live and you learn i guess.

I really want to flip the bowl upside down tho like jack lee did
                      Who is that? Also if you paint with a semi flat or low gloss paint it brings the clean out of the retrofit instead of flat.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

He's the person in your bottom link. He also posted in this thread

And I wish I would have used a glossier paint

Comment

I just finished mines. Waiting on my HID kit to arrive and i can install them.

Pics:

Comment

I tried it with a heat gun, im going to kick your ass. lol. It started to peel but I had to squat all that time, threw it in the oven...13 minutes, DONE lol.

Hell with the heatgun haha

Retro!

Hater

Comment

I just finished mines. Waiting on my HID kit to arrive and i can install them.

Pics:

looks good, freaken dark. I just finished mine, check out the lighting section.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

yup i commented on yours. i love the shrouds you used. And i know i wanted them as dark as possible but now i wish i left a chrome ring around the leans.

Comment

Working...
                                X