No announcement yet.

LED underglow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait until warm weather so I can get this stuff installed!
    I saw pictures of a Chrysler 300 with what was probably a similar kit, and it was kinda ugly. Mainly because the strips were too short for the giant car. On my little go-kart, I think it might look a good deal better.

I'm still a bit confused about the wiring. The instructions, as you can see, are awful. One wire is supposed to go to the battery (which I will add using an inline fuse), and one wire is supposed to be tied into a brake wire or door wire... whatever that means. I don't fully understand that part. I saw one video where a guy installed an identical kit and explained that "brake or door" wire as "the antenna". He brushed it aside, and the kit worked. I don't want to blow up my cheapie kit, I don't want to kill my battery overnight due to a power drain, and I certainly don't want my car to go up in flames!

Here's the installation video. He discusses the wires just before the 4 minute mark.

Comment

The antenna wire is the same as a "remote" wire for amps. The unit has constant 12V but will only power on once the "trigger" or "antenna" wire is made live. They assume you want that biatch glowing like a shapeship when ya'll open your doors & women be like OOO M G and throw themselves at ya. This wire could also be a switch.

Comment

The kit has a remote, so would that wire even be necessary? I don't need it to go on when I open the door... women react that way when I step out of the car anyway! (usually followed by pointing and laughing.)

Comment

I do believe some indoor glow is functional and looks great! You see some cars with the cup holder bottom glowing, or behind the door handle. If done correct it can look amazing! So are you going to keep trucking on with this project ?

What you can do is use a small 12V battery (or power adapter) to test the circuitry and what is used for constant 12V and what is remote. I love how the installation video just skips over that whole part.

Comment

Yeah. They spend a whole lot of time on how to apply double sided tape, but skips all the detailed wiring stuff! I'm also wondering how I'm going to run the wires without having them catch on things, or brush up against the hot exhaust pipe... but I'll get to that when i get to it. I might have to buy a $3 wire extension. I'm hoping my tiny car won't need it. Not so much because of $3, but because I'm going to discover that I need it mid-project, and I'll be disappointed that I can't play with my new toy right away!

Comment

Working...
            X