headlight help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

headlight help

I just brought a pair of 9006 xenon light bulbs and I can't install them in my 92 accord without removing the headlight. Does anyone know how to remove it.
    92 accord lx sedan

Phantom Grey Crew #6
    MY ACCORD

you dont need to remove the headlamp to put new bulbs in

there is a twist lock (black or grey ring) around the bulb
    after you unplug the old light bulb(s) twist this ring
    i cant remeber if its clock wise or counter-clock wise (i have JDM lights now)
    but once you twist that ring the bulb should just pull right out
    if you never replaced a bulb befor it can be realy hard to get it unlocked for the first time

if someone remebrs the thread there is one that tells how to do this and tecknieqs they used

do a search you might find somthing

Robert Sartore
    Kustom Audio Werx

1991 Honda Accord EX Sedan (FOR SALE)
    Kaminari rear-sides/Blackwidow front/(I/H/E)/jdm head lights/red-clear tails/+more to come

Comment

true, you dont need to remove the headlights,,
      but if you truly wish to..
      you must take the bumper off,
      which i dont think you wanna do...

If so though, I could hook you up with bolt locations
      lol but dont (finger) print up your bulbs
      or scratch em'
      it sucks
      good luck

Comment

spin them counter clockwise...if this is the first time youre chaniging your bulbs then it will be hard cuz its going to be stuck...what i did is slide a flat head screwdriver in the little slot that thing has and gently tap down...it will spin it enough to loosen it and you could take the bulbs out. good luck

Originally posted by fizzbob7
        first off, don't be a sissy bitch.....that's what you're being
        Originally posted by ACC0RD22
        no need to get sand in your vagina over this guys.
        So. Cal OUTLAWZ

Comment

if he has the aftermarket ebay projectors hes goign to need to take the headlamp out to raplace the bulbs.. some of the aftermarket shit is like that, now if its oem and you think you need to remove your wrong you just twist the black piece and it will be hard as fuck the first time if u havent changed the bulbs before, warm the headlights up first it will make the plastic piece softer and easier to move, otherwise it might be just stuck. and take hella work..
          Last edited by 93accordEX; 01-01-2004, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Xplode has a point :-/ i have an aftermarket headlight waiting to get installed

Comment

an aftermarket ebay projector type? or the aftermarket TYC ones that are identical to the OEM lamps, if its the aftermarket but not ghetto type then its just like oem.

Comment

Anyway...I was gonna kinda ask a question similar to the first guy. I know that I don't need to remove the headlight to put the new bulbs in...but how do i replace them? In my owners manual they just happened to do every light but the headlight. Here's a pic... It's the drivers' side. I think i can do that one...but on the passenger side there's the battery and stuff in the way. HELP!

Thanks!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ProjectCB7; 01-01-2004, 02:16 PM.
                + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Comment

aight g, np/ u see the little plug with the wire, u gotta take that off, might be a lil tuff if its been on since u owned the car.. but i needa just pull that shit off.. then u see the black little |__| by the bulb. you just twist that and it lets the bulb free

Comment

the passenger sides not that bad, the battery isnt in the way as much as the airbox tube is, you just need somone wit small hands do it because its easier.

Comment

thanks!

what way do I twist them? I just want to make sure so I'm not tightening them...

do you need to pop something out THEN turn them?
                      Last edited by ProjectCB7; 12-31-2003, 10:42 PM.

. Snail Squad .

Comment

hmm i think it twists and moves to the left.. good luck and get me some more pics of u doin it

Comment

thanks much!

I'll either get to it now or tomorrow some time...a how to for y'all

. Snail Squad .

Comment

nice man.. how to is good =).

Comment

Do you pop the tabs THEN twist? I tried and damn...not budgin'...
                              Attached Files

. Snail Squad .

Comment

Working...
                              X