No announcement yet.

HID Kit installed with Projectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HID + 96-97 fogs head-on (it's not glass twinkling, it's salt)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 92Accord EX-R; 01-11-2004, 01:25 AM.

Comment

HID from front
      Attached Files

Comment

HID from front take 2 (slightly blurry thanks to the snow and freezing fingers)
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 92Accord EX-R; 01-11-2004, 01:26 AM.

Comment

not as bad as i thought... thats pretty decent, i mean its no real retrofit, but thats hella good for the aftermarket ones.. you definately got a good pair of projectors from the usual ones that peeps get.. Great mod u did man...
          Last edited by xplode; 01-11-2004, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Man those pics look sweet, I want that kit on my projectors. Good job.
            Jay
            Hittin Switches - Draggin XhaustAlways Under Construction

Comment

for those that bashed on you about the projectors-now you really can sit back with a smile. the HIDs on your projectors look outstanding, and i have never been a fan of the projectors, but i love yours. i myself have the JDMs now with an HID H4 kit. i wont lie its bright as hell and the light extends much farther than halogen ever could but.......the JDM HID light pattern is NOT a straight arc. for the JDMs since they use a H4 capsule rather than a HID projector. in other words mine are just bright with more extended visibility, while yours looks like a BMW HID arc. i have to admit i am jealous, but i love my JDMs and the HID H4 capsule.

as for the bashing....everyone has an opinion on everything so just ignore the ones that have nothing but bad to say. like i stated earlier-i personally am not a fan of the projectors, but i do really like what you have done with em. if the projectors came this way when ya bought em, i am pretty sure i would be debating over the projectors vs. the JDMs.

now if someone came up with a way to shove HID projectors (like the BMW/AUDI HID projectors) into the JDM headlights, and the JDM/USDM foglights i would be quite the happy CB7 owner, well as long as it doesn't cost more than $200 for BOTH of the low beam headlight H4 HID projectors, and $200 for the fog HID projectors.

if this can already be done somebody let me know. thanks

Comment

Heheh thanks for the props. I've since disabled the inner projector (the useless one seen in the pictures)... makes the car look much wider and more aggressive at night.

The HIDs have (I believe) completed their colorshift, which has resulted in a more natural white than those pics may reveal.

The primary reason I wanted projectors (because I too don't like just regular aftermarket projectors) was because I was going for that BMW / S2000 style of projector look. I can honestly say I'm overjoyed with the results.

Comment

ok, THAT'S What I want!!! Where did you get thsoe projectors? are they projectors, like you can find on ebay, and jsut an HID kit with it? Where might I find that HID kit? They ever have HID kit's on sale on ebay I should look into? What company is the best? Thanks..

-A. Swift
                  CB7 member number 137
                  Black Doubt Crew member #2
                  Ebay Whore Club member #5

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

AIM: boostinswifty38

alipne 7995 deck, pioneer 400w 4 ch amp, and all the wires for sale..500 obo!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

Those are eBay projectors that many people hate. I have more up to date pics if you want to see...

the HID kit is a custom made McCulloch kit. PM me if you want a contact for the kit

Comment

post up the pics.. i i'd like to see it.. i didnt realise ur projectors were H1! h1 is not that bad.. H3 is the one that sucks.

Comment

did it come with the h1 bulb, or did you need to convert the stock h3 bulb the projector comes with to the h1 bulb...? What if I got the projectors, and then got an hid ballast, and some bulbs..would that work? what exactly are you buying when you get hids? I have seen that they have hid ballasts in many options, for only $108..at 4caroption.com...I was wondering about these, and what they do..

-A. Swift
                        CB7 member number 137

-I was at the dentist, breathin' in some nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and all of a sudden..I ran faster!!!

R/C cars and a heli for sale..2 airbrushes, paints, bodies galore..etc etc..tc3 and xxx buggy for sale..400 for it all! hit me up for details n pics

Comment

the projector and HID is an H3 bulb, as in my early posts...

Comment

woops i must have mis read.. post up the pics

Comment

OK. I jsut ordered some projectors, off of ebay. I am really neglecting the rust issues I am facing, with all this other stuff..lol. Anyways, since I won't be gettin an HID kit as soon as I hoped, what H3 bulb would be best to get, with the best output,. and the closest look to an HID bulb.

How about this..I hear PIAA is a good bulb to have..will they be better? I have sylvania silverstars right now, and although I doubt I will ever match that without HID, I would like to get close..

-edit: Forgot the link..
                              http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDeta...egoryCode=3442

What is the max wattage and output I should get, with the stock projector's harness?

-A. Swift
                              Last edited by Swifty1638; 06-20-2004, 08:57 PM.
                              CB7 member number 137

Comment

given that projectors are apparently prone to blowing bulbs.. i wouldn't use anything except the provided halogen bulb. the tinted bulbs will burn hotter (do. i measured them )

you run the risk of wasting a lot of money if you ruin the projectors.... i wouldn't do it if i was you.

Comment

Working...
                                X