Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best light output I can get from my usdm headlghts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best light output I can get from my usdm headlghts?

I did search and trust me I did. Most of them are dead. So I decided to start a new thread. I was wondering whats the best bulb to use to get the best light output of my usdm headlights without doing a HID retrofit. I am using right now APC super white bulbs for my low beam and they work ok. Even with my shitty passanger side headlight and my fogged up driver side. But I know their are way better bulbs out there. I heard a lot of good reviews with Silverstar and stuff and I heard to stay away from Xenon bulbs. So help me out yo!
    Last edited by Chan_Man; 12-21-2005, 11:46 PM.
    "form follows function."
    Louis Sullivan

i gots me some sylverstars n like wow, but i never tried any other kinds though, but the sylverstars are bright so..... i guess that ............

enV this!!!!

member ride thing

myspace

93accordSE video!

Comment

if u want colored bulbs go euro dezigns...8500K, thats what i got..or silverstars are really good too. i got the euro dezigns in my low beams and the silverstars in my high..works fine for me!

Check Out My Car

Comment

Convert your low-beams to 9005 and get some silverstar bulbs. That's what I have and I love it! I'm selling 9005 clips if your interested.
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=36661

Midwest car club

Current rides:
        91 accord lx (5spd)
        92 accord lx (5spd)
        93 accord lx (auto )

Comment

Originally posted by xtr91accord
          if u want colored bulbs go euro dezigns...8500K, thats what i got..or silverstars are really good too. i got the euro dezigns in my low beams and the silverstars in my high..works fine for me!
          No I don't want color bulbs. I just want good bulbs that will give me good lighting output from my usdm headlights.
          "form follows function."
          Louis Sullivan

Comment

Silverstars suck. They burn out immediately. And with how hard it is to put in new bulbs, it's not worth it. Do the 9005 conversion and use stock bulbs.
            -Jay

Comment

Originally posted by Bluejayde
              Silverstars suck. They burn out immediately. And with how hard it is to put in new bulbs, it's not worth it. Do the 9005 conversion and use stock bulbs.
              How do I go about on doing the 9005 conversoin?
              "form follows function."
              Louis Sullivan

Comment

ive had my silverstars for almost year and half and had no problems at all...o well..up to you

Check Out My Car

Comment

noo dont do 9005 conversion
                  YOUR HARNESS WILL BE TOAST. lol i had a thread about my harness melting because of it, anwyays silverstars rock just dont do the conversion, make sure your headlights are not all icky and yellow because its the headlight that matters first.
                  ]

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                    noo dont do 9005 conversion
                    YOUR HARNESS WILL BE TOAST. lol i had a thread about my harness melting because of it, anwyays silverstars rock just dont do the conversion, make sure your headlights are not all icky and yellow because its the headlight that matters first.
                    Yeah I just bought a new passanger side headlight and a semi new driver side.
                    "form follows function."
                    Louis Sullivan

Comment

i still say stick witht he stock lighting..and find u some bright ass bulbs to pop in there...if u want more, do some fog lights..that always helps brighten up the night for me

Check Out My Car

Comment

I want fogs like these and I'm going to mount then like this also.
                        "form follows function."
                        Louis Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by Chan_Man
                          How do I go about on doing the 9005 conversoin?
                          Search. The conversion and the silverstar debate have both been covered.
                          -Jay

Comment

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...2_101_full.jpg
                            thats my low beams and my fogs..silverstars...how much brighter do u want?

Check Out My Car

Comment

Originally posted by xtr91accord
                              http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...2_101_full.jpg
                              thats my low beams and my fogs..silverstars...how much brighter do u want?

God damn bro thats freaking bright.
                              "form follows function."
                              Louis Sullivan

Comment

Working...
                              X