H.I.Ds in projectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my apologizes for the 1,2,3 post...

i found this picture (below) of a 95 accord with ebay projectors and h3 p&p kit. i think the housings for the 5th gives better light output. this is what it kinda looks like. take notice the area is fairly dark, therefore you can see most of the beam pattern. next noticed the intensity of the beam in specific areas, therefore the beam isn't equally distributed. in most cases (im assuming), u will be in lighted areas while driving... so when you look at your hids, they wont see that bright.
    I marked the yellow lines, to give you a general idea of how much more projectors would allow you to see. Imagine your neighbour and his/her dog walking on the other side of the street. You will see them.

Time for comparisons: Pics I took tonight
    Pic 1 & 2: My neighbourhood...lights off and lights on

Pics 3,4 & 5: I don't know what to say, except notice that the light is shining against the school wall. I'm about 9-10 metres away from the closest wall. Usually, with our housings and halogen/hid kit, you wouldn't see much of the wall.
    Pic 6: see the furthest light shining over the small hill at the house across the street? I know the picture is small, but take my word...there's a house on the other side of the hill.

Pic 7: I found a narrow driveway with walls, see how far the light shines against the two walls?
    Pic 8: Count the number of lines in the parking lot. With my p&p kit, I would have only seen the first 4.

Here are the pictures in a larger scale:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../IMG_7350a.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../IMG_7351a.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../IMG_7352a.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../IMG_7354a.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../IMG_7356a.jpg
    Last edited by drey; 03-24-2006, 05:04 AM.

Comment

diynetwork.com

show this show on direct tv on h.i.d on projector headlamps. seem really easy on scale 1-5 this was a 3 on difficulty. this has a list of all tools/ equipment needed for this project. hope it can help out

Originally posted by deevergote
      Yay. You're an asshole.

Comment

i didnt find anything on the diynetwork.com that talked about oem hid projectors off any of the higher class cars (ie. bmw, lexus, acura, jaguar, rangerover, etc).
        all i found were 3-4 links to some aftermarket halogen projectors and a plug and play hid kit.

i would also rate the difficult of plug and play kits at 2 or 3. it takes no more than 10 mins. but if you go with oem hid projectors, you're looking at, at least a week

Comment

LOL, sorry bout that Drey, didn't mean to call you trey. So when you did the retro fit, what headlights did you use? In your last post with all the picturs, I know the one with the 95 accord is with a P&P but are all the other pics of your car with only the TSX retro fit or are any of them with a P&P kit? lol, sorry to disappoint but I think I'm gonna have to go with the P&P kit, I know its not as great as a retro fit but I don't have that kinda money, don't think I could pull that off myself and right now I need somethign brighter ASAP because I can't see too well with my projectors at night. Was your P&P kit on the ebay projectors or was it on the stock headlights? If it was on the ebay ones, what did you need to buy to make it fit since it uses the H3 bulb(I think) but the same 9006 harness?

Comment

The Kit I bought was a phillips H3 Kit 6000K. It is was about $400 of xenondepot.com. After using that kit in Ebay projectors, I would recommend 4300K if your more into HID's for the function instead of the looks. 6000K are good but are considerable dimmer then 4300K kits, cause they have more blue color. Then later on if you decide to do the retrofit with OEM projectors all you need to do is get D2S bulbs, at least thats what I did and it was easy and simple change. I'll try to get some pics up of my 6000K phillips Ulitron bulbs in ebay projectors so you can see the beam pattern soon. They arent on the car but can just sit them on top of the other headlights so you can see the difference.
            1991 Black Accord Coupe
            Sprint Lowering Springs
            Neuspeed/Koni Sport Shocks
            Suspension Techniques Front and Rear Sway Bar
            17" Motegi DP6 with Bridgestone Potenzas
            TSX HID Retrofit with 4300K Bulbs
            http://www.cardomain.com/id/sthrnba711

Comment

Sthrnba711 The Kit I bought was a phillips H3 Kit 6000K. It is was about $400 of xenondepot.com. After using that kit in Ebay projectors, I would recommend 4300K if your more into HID's for the function instead of the looks. 6000K are good but are considerable dimmer then 4300K kits, cause they have more blue color. Then later on if you decide to do the retrofit with OEM projectors all you need to do is get D2S bulbs, at least thats what I did and it was easy and simple change. I'll try to get some pics up of my 6000K phillips Ulitron bulbs in ebay projectors so you can see the beam pattern soon. They arent on the car but can just sit them on top of the other headlights so you can see the difference.
              So you bought the phillips H3 kit? This was for those Ebay projectors right? ?If so, the H3 kit bolted right up without any problems? What do you think about mcculloghs? Are they any good?

Comment

Yeah the H3 kit is what you need. They come with instructions to hook up and wire up pretty easily. The McCullogh kits are good too.
                1991 Black Accord Coupe
                Sprint Lowering Springs

Comment

The pictures of my car are all oem hid parts.
                  So therefore, my current setup is:
                  - OEM 90-91 accord housings
                  - oem TSX hid projectors
                  - oem d2r/d2s ballast
                  - oem d2s bulbs 4300k philips

i have no p&p parts.
                  tsx projectors only take d2s bulbs

dont worry, im not disappointed, but i just wanted to make sure you understand the basics of hids. please disregard me if you felt i am trying to force people to go all OEM. money is always an issue and it is totally understandable
                  Last edited by drey; 03-27-2006, 12:34 AM.

Comment

I really do want that retro fit kit but I really can't see my self spending 600-800 dollars on lights just yet, besides I really just need somethign right now to help out the light output on my prjectors cause I can't see anything past 10 feet in these things lol. So where can I get the 4300 kit from, can't find any on ebay, only 6000 and 5000. Hopefully mines can end up like 92accordEX-R's ended up, but if not it'll be better than what I got right now. what do you guys think about 5000? Is that any good?

Comment

its a matter of personal preference.
                      if you want the best light output, 4300k is the best
                      the higher you go, the dimmer it gets, but u get the 'cooler' feel or effect

Comment

There is a 4300K kit on xenondepot.com for 379 and its a phillips kit. Just search google for HID kits and see what comes up. 4300K is harder to find but brighter, but most people love to go with the 8000K kits or higher to get the look but the light output is actually worse then stock.
                        1991 Black Accord Coupe
                        Sprint Lowering Springs

Comment

Originally posted by 1990HybridCB7
                          I really do want that retro fit kit but I really can't see my self spending 600-800 dollars on lights just yet, besides I really just need somethign right now to help out the light output on my prjectors cause I can't see anything past 10 feet in these things lol. So where can I get the 4300 kit from, can't find any on ebay, only 6000 and 5000. Hopefully mines can end up like 92accordEX-R's ended up, but if not it'll be better than what I got right now. what do you guys think about 5000? Is that any good?
                          What!?!? who told you $600-$800? that's insane

Ballast: $ 150-160
                          Capsules: $ 40-80 always part # 85122 that's oem Phillips
                          Projectors: $ 150-200
                          Harness: $ 30-60

$ 370-$ 500

Retrofits are the Cheapest and Best way to go. Nothing, I mean nothing beats OEM HID lighting. All the bullshit about casper shields, aiming the lights down.......ect, does not compare nor work. You are going to have plenty of people here swearing they have no glare with their kits.... ok, whatever.

Jump on ebay, do a search under "d2s" and "ballasts", you'll find everything you need there.
                          Last edited by acch22; 03-27-2006, 02:47 PM.

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
                          JDM H22
                          Port n Polished Int Mani
                          Bored TB, maxed
                          MSD 6A
                          I/H/E
                          no cat
                          [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

here are a couple of examples:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hella...49350054QQrdZ1
                            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/E46-B...49460578QQrdZ1

akinaboy, i always buy from him:
                            http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-PHI...50924567QQrdZ1

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
                            JDM H22
                            Port n Polished Int Mani
                            Bored TB, maxed
                            MSD 6A
                            I/H/E
                            no cat
                            [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

sorry, my apologizes. i told him 600-800, but i forgot to mention that was in canadian dollars. though i do disagree that retrofits are the cheapest way to go for hids.
                              if you just buy a plug and play kit, it shouldnt cost you more than $300 USD.

Comment

LOL, thanks alot drey, just playin. But that 375-500 price range does sound alot better. So when you say 150-200 for preojectors, which projectors are you exactly talking about? The APC ones or what? Any extra info would help, have you done this yourself? If so you got pics? How hard was it to do all the retro fit?

Comment

Working...
                                X