H.I.Ds in projectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1990HybridCB7
    LOL, thanks alot drey, just playin. But that 375-500 price range does sound alot better. So when you say 150-200 for preojectors, which projectors are you exactly talking about? The APC ones or what? Any extra info would help, have you done this yourself? If so you got pics? How hard was it to do all the retro fit?
    I do apologize a lot about that. I totally threw you off. Yeah, it's a huge difference.
    When we say 150-200 for projectors, we're talking about the OEM hid projectors, not the projector housings.
    This is an example of the hid projectors we are discussing about
    http://faqlight.carpassion.info/imag...projectors.jpg
    These are from a BMW, the model of the projectors is e46, which is technically the BMW 3 series also known as the E46. Kinda like CB7 for our gen accords.

It depends if you're good with your hands, and if you have the confidence to try new things. For me, I had someone doing the retrofit for me. At the time, I didn't want to waste time learning how to do it. The method of retrofitting is pretty simple, it's the work involved which is time consuming and can be frurstrating during some steps. The hardest part would be aligning the projectors so they are straight. Have you had a chance to log into http://www.hidplanet.com? Go register and all your questions should be answered there.
    One thing is for certain though, you need to have patience to do the retrofit.
    Last edited by drey; 03-27-2006, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drey
      sorry, my apologizes. i told him 600-800, but i forgot to mention that was in canadian dollars. though i do disagree that retrofits are the cheapest way to go for hids.
      if you just buy a plug and play kit, it shouldnt cost you more than $300 USD.
      LOL, that's to funny! i didn't know you were Canadian.

Well, like i said, a plug n' play kit is exaxctly what i am talking about. It is a waste of time and money. All you will have is a shitty light output with scattered light everywhere but on the road. If you are going to pay $300, for that wait another month or so for the other $200 and go OEM. It's ridicoulous, think about it. You already have $300, how much harder can it be to get the other $200. work 3-4 hours overtime, something.

05' S2000 GrandPrix White

93' Accord (Sold )
      JDM H22
      Port n Polished Int Mani
      Bored TB, maxed
      MSD 6A
      I/H/E
      no cat
      [[-]] (()) [[\]] [[)) //\\

Comment

1990HybridCB7, lets start from the top. I've noticed you have to much info being thrown your way with no results.

#1. What is it you want to do? Do you want to use your stock headlights or use an ebay headlight?

93' Accord (Sold )
        JDM H22
        Port n Polished Int Mani
        Bored TB, maxed
        MSD 6A
        I/H/E
        no cat

Comment

lol, I appreciate you taking time to clear things up with me. Right now I have those projectors you get off ebay. Would I be able to use that headlight? Or do I have to get another headlight assembly like the OEM ones that come stock on our cars? Now I'm leaning more towards doing the retro fit seeing how much affordable it is. $500 does seem like alot but saving it little by little wont make it seem nearly as bad. But back to the headlights, would I be able to use my ebay projectors or would I have to go back to stock? I see that thats your first question so I'll stop here and we can take it step by step than. Thanks for the help acch22

Comment

so you have these:

93' Accord (Sold )
            JDM H22
            Port n Polished Int Mani
            Bored TB, maxed
            MSD 6A
            I/H/E
            no cat

Comment

Yea, thats it. So now what?

Comment

ok, I have a set of these at home which I tried to retro a set of Valeo's but never finished.

When you open these up, the shitty projector it comes with is attached by 3 screws which are the same screws you use to adjust with.

spin the hell out of these screws so the projector comes off. Toss that POS projector in the garbage. (you can actually sell the glass lens on eBay for a couple of bucks) these projectors are 3 inches in diameter (the actual lens)

now the rest is up to you. working with these headlights takes some ingenuity. you might have to create a custom bracket depending on which projector you go with. take the measurements of the space where the projector will go, you'll want to find a projector that'll fit there. go here for dimensions:
                http://faqlight.carpassion.info/

I have a set of s2k's and those did not fit, i also have a set of E55s but have not checked, besides, the E55s are bi-xenon. i'll take some pics when i get back from NY on Monday of what i have done so far.

93' Accord (Sold )
                JDM H22
                Port n Polished Int Mani
                Bored TB, maxed
                MSD 6A
                I/H/E
                no cat

Comment

I got a set of those ebay projectors along with a p&p hid kit , the light output is alot better than stock and better than those crappy H3 halogens that came with the lights.
                  I was thinking about retrofitting a different projector into my lights for better output but havent found any that will fit properly.
                  1993 Accord LX - Sold
                  93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                  92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                  2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                  2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                  2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                  2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                  2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Valeos fit but you need to get creative with them

93' Accord (Sold )
                    JDM H22
                    Port n Polished Int Mani
                    Bored TB, maxed
                    MSD 6A
                    I/H/E
                    no cat

Comment

Ok, so I can still use my ebay projectors than to do this retro fit. Is thier any difference in the degree of difficulty in retro fitting the ebay projectors, APC headlights, or stock headlights? Some pictures of what you have done so far would really be apprecitated acch22(whenever you get the chance to).

Comment

yes, the APCs are easier, i retroed those and are what i'm using right now.

93' Accord (Sold )
                        JDM H22
                        Port n Polished Int Mani
                        Bored TB, maxed
                        MSD 6A
                        I/H/E
                        no cat

Comment

So how much did the entire set up cost you with the APC headlights? Where would I stil be able to get them for a reasonable price? How much cutting or custom work did you ahve to do to make it all fit?

Comment

as far as where, can't say. i checked ebay for you and found nothing. they pop up on ebay once in a while or you can try some of the guys here on CB7tuner.

very very little custom work is needed for the apc's. the valeos line up perfectly. all you have to do is some grinding.

93' Accord (Sold )
                            JDM H22
                            Port n Polished Int Mani
                            Bored TB, maxed
                            MSD 6A
                            I/H/E
                            no cat

Comment

I got my APC's from procarparts.com for about $120. My total retrofit was about $400-$500 depending on which projectors i used. My TSX where a little more expensive, but also required more custom work to mount them.
                              1991 Black Accord Coupe
                              Sprint Lowering Springs
                              Neuspeed/Koni Sport Shocks
                              Suspension Techniques Front and Rear Sway Bar
                              17" Motegi DP6 with Bridgestone Potenzas
                              TSX HID Retrofit with 4300K Bulbs
                              http://www.cardomain.com/id/sthrnba711

Comment

Originally posted by Sthrnba711
                                I got my APC's from procarparts.com for about $120. My total retrofit was about $400-$500 depending on which projectors i used. My TSX where a little more expensive, but also required more custom work to mount them.
                                I just looked on thier website and those headlights are going for $208.99 w/o shipping. How long ago did you get them? acch22, so compared to the TSX retro fit, how do the valeo's look in the APC headlights as to the TSX in the APC? Similar? Or are they somewhat different because I like the idea that I wouldn't have to do too much work to make the valeo's fit in the APC's as appose tothe TSX's fit in the APC's.

Comment

Working...
                                X