Break Lamp Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Break Lamp Problem

I have this problem with my break lights, which is causing my break lamp light to come on on my gauge cluster.

When my lights are off, and I apply the break only the ones on my trunk lid. spoiler, and my third break lamp come on. The far left and right ones don't.

When I turn my lights on, all of the back lights come on, but the far right and left ones still don't get brighter when the break is applied.

But heres the thing, all the bulbs work, but when I go to try and change the ones on the far right and left ones with new bulbs, the new ones are now brighter than all the others.

I have no idea what is causing this, and it just happened recently.

If anyone can PLEASE help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it...

:::Jeremy

[ My Car Domian ] - [ My Members Ride Thread ] - [ Facebook ]

My Top CB7Tuners :

TypeG
    aww_shiet
    91accordexr33

try and replace all the bulbs at the same time.

Comment

there's a good chance you have a corrosion problem.

check these little boxes on the tailights:

later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

what he ^^^ said i had a similiar prob and one wire in the connector was corroded

Ride List
        1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
        2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
        newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

I still can't figure out the problem...

My Top CB7Tuners :

TypeG
          aww_shiet
          91accordexr33

Comment

Was it doing that before you installed the spoiler? Check all your connections.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
            JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Originally posted by djcaz_aom
              Was it doing that before you installed the spoiler? Check all your connections.
              It just recently started doing this. I've had the spoiler on for a while now.

I've checked all the wires.
              I've even tried replacing harnesses
              I've tried changing all the bulbs.
              I've checked all the bulbs.
              I've checked the little boxes
              I've checked all the fuses.

I have no idea what is causing this.

Should I snip my harnesses that run from the car to the lights, and replace them?

I just would like it fixed...

My Top CB7Tuners :

TypeG
              aww_shiet
              91accordexr33

Comment

most likely a combination of corroded harnesses and the brake sensors...

if all fails take it to the dealership...amazing how fast they work...

i had all my lights gone.....when i took it to the dealership, all they did was replace a big relay box right above the hood open latch right beside the fuse box in the driver foot well. and my car lit up like a Christmas tree
                DEVOTE

Comment

Originally posted by lokuputha
                  most likely a combination of corroded harnesses and the brake sensors...

if all fails take it to the dealership...amazing how fast they work...

i had all my lights gone.....when i took it to the dealership, all they did was replace a big relay box right above the hood open latch right beside the fuse box in the driver foot well. and my car lit up like a Christmas tree
                  Yeah, but how much did that run you?

I'm trying to avoid anything that will run me alot of money...

My Top CB7Tuners :

TypeG
                  aww_shiet
                  91accordexr33

Comment

Do you have the OEM harness that came with the factory spoiler (I think the brown one) that disables the 3rd brake lamp, or is it the black one that was OEM for non-spoiler equipped cars?
                    '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                    EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                      there's a good chance you have a corrosion problem.

check these little boxes on the tailights:

later.

Did you check these out, go to a junkyard u can get them for cheap, the dealership in Toronto, Ontario wants $85.99CND for them , but i just went to jjunkyard a grabbed a whole bunch, also check your grounds and stuff, fuses maybe, bulbs? if i get a chance ill take a pic of what mine looked like becuase the connects exploded for some odd reason so i had to rewire them haha.
                      1990 Accord EX -Stock to no beyond
                      Originally posted by yeamans17
                      you'd better soak the nuts in pb blaster, otherwise you'll snap them off
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those that mind, don't matter" - Dr.Susses

Vouch - | gloryaccordy | aznkid.com |

Comment

Double check you got all the same wattage bulbs
                        Opal Metallic Green '92 LX 2dr manual, 181k miles, '94 prelude VTEC wheels for summer (steelies with snow tires for winter), Omni-power struts/springs, and other junk

Comment

did you check the watt power of the lights?
                          lisa is long gone, but sophie is here!

i got a good feeling about this one

im going to have to
                          |_..._...____________======||_|_|__--]
                          "(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''*|(@)(@)*****" (@)
                          check out my mr thread
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=106541

Comment

I went to the dealership. They looked at it, and still couldn't figure it out. They said that they would have to roll it into one of their shops, and take a better look at it. $80 bucks an hour, just to find the problem.

So, I left.

All the bulbs have been the same since I got the car. I've also swapped out harnesses, and both harness terminal boxes. Still no luck...

The spoiler has been connected for almost a year now, and this problem just startred recently.

My Top CB7Tuners :

TypeG
                            aww_shiet
                            91accordexr33

Comment

Okay this just dawned on me. You say that new bulbs light up brighter than the old ones?
                              Then your problem lies in the connectors them selves.
                              a. try cleaning out the bulb connectors out and be sure to apply that white grease to them.
                              b. replace the connectors.

What lead me to this is that the old bulbs don't light up, meaning they are already burned out. (They sometimes have dual filaments.) And the fact that new bulbs light up brighter indicating that the circuit for the "bright brake light" is closed, causing the bulbs to shine brighter.

I hope this all makes sense.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
                              JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Working...
                              X