Silverstar Ultras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silverstar Ultras

Has anyone tried the new Silverstar Ultra bulbs?

I know a couple of people on here are running the regular Silverstar bulbs. I am too and I'm happy with them most of the time. Just want to find out if upgrading would be worth it.

Members Ride Thread

i didnt know these existed. ive been wanting to get some silverstars but i think ill look into the silverstar ultras now.
    mrt - '91 frost white ex coupe

Comment

Dont know how you can get any brighter than the regular silver stars without going with your high bems!
      5th Gen. Lude Team I <3 JDM

Comment

im using them but i have a friend at autozone so i got them for free..

they're just ehh, i'd push people to save the extra 30 bucks and buy some piaa's...

piaa bulbs are the best thing next to hids!!
        .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

Originally posted by 93cb7ExCoupe

they're just ehh, i'd push people to save the extra 30 bucks and buy some piaa's...

for the piaa, are the "xtreme white plus" bulbs the way to go?

are they that much better than the silverstar ultras?
          cause they are a little pricey.
          Last edited by vermicide_esp; 12-07-2006, 01:09 PM.
          mrt - '91 frost white ex coupe

Comment

Originally posted by 93cb7ExCoupe

same here but not the ultras, i just my 10k hids in thats they will replace the silverstars. i was running the silverstars in my ek hatch and loved them, now im running them in my 95 civic coupe

Comment

there is a difference in silverstar and ultra but not much.

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...on/default.htm

im still going to get some. ultra high and low beams
              -Xavier

Comment

Originally posted by 90_cb7
                there is a difference in silverstar and ultra but not much.

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProd...on/default.htm

im still going to get some. ultra high and low beams
                good comparison..the reg. silverstars are expensive enough...idk how much the ultras cost.
                -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

If anyone is just looking for the regular Silverstars... I have a pair that I only used for a month. Look at my FS thread (link in SIG). Later

Comment

Before wasting money on an overpriced set of halogen bulbs that will burn out relatively quick... you should save a bit more money and just buy an HID kit for your low-beams.
                    You will not regret it

Comment

I recently bought a set from Advanced auto. They are running a sale on them.

Reg Silverstars-27
                      Ultra Silverstars-35

I think the ultras are a little better but either one would be fine!
                      FSAE(F Series Accord Enthusiasts) "A dying breed..." #15

Need parts? Check out my 1990 EX part out!
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=60011

www.clemsonscc.com

Comment

Originally posted by Phempa
                        Before wasting money on an overpriced set of halogen bulbs that will burn out relatively quick... you should save a bit more money and just buy an HID kit for your low-beams.
                        You will not regret it
                        yeah that would be the best thing to do, i have hids in all 3 of my cars, and it was well worth the money

Comment

I've got them in my car and they work pretty well. I aimed my headlights about a turn up from what they were because I think they may have worked their way down.

You guys with HID, your just using the plug and play HIDs correct? That fit in the stock bulb hole. How is glare and have you gotten any unwanted attention with them?
                          1992 Accord LX CB9 149K Stock
                          2014 F350 Platinum CCSB SRW

Comment

if you can't afford the hids just yet, dont waste your money on silverstars in general, piaas are the way to go. i'll never go back. i have a comparo pic of silverstars vs piaas in my member's rides.
                            <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Originally posted by asleepz
                              I've got them in my car and they work pretty well. I aimed my headlights about a turn up from what they were because I think they may have worked their way down.

You guys with HID, your just using the plug and play HIDs correct? That fit in the stock bulb hole. How is glare and have you gotten any unwanted attention with them?
                              mine arent the plug and play kit, mine are off a bmw, and i retofited them on my car, and they look real good, now as far as my other ride with the tsx retro-fit, those ballasts are of an audi and again i had to wire up a couple of relays to it doesnt put alot of strain on the factory wiring

Comment

Working...
                              X