Hi-Beam bulb #?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi-Beam bulb #?

Ok before I ordered my yellow hi-beam bulbs I checked the autozone and advance auto parts websites, they both stated that these cars used 9006 bulbs for BOTH lo and hi, well I go to put them in today, and of course they don't fit. The bulbs in there now say 9005...

What is the difference? The bulbs look EXACTLY alike, the connectors look identical, they look identical in every way.

If worse comes to worse can I just grab some 9006 sockets off of another CB7 and wire those in place of the 9005 hi-beam sockets? I paid like $20 for those bulbs and would really like to be able to use them.
    I read somewhere that marijuana effects the memory. For some reason I can't seem remember where I read that. -- max sideburn(aka torqstr)

"Those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither." - Benjamin Franklin

CB7: The Movie TEASER VIDEO

a sticky in this subforum: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1183

dont try to use the 9006's, the filament is the wrong direction for the reflector. get a new pair.

and if you look at the connectors and mount flanges, youll notice they have different tabs/bumps. some people modify 9005 highbeams into a lowbeam for extra light, but doing the opposite would be counterproductive.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
    Current cars:
    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Working...
    X