Swirls-everybody hates them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swirls-everybody hates them

I have a black cb and have numerous swirls all over the car. It looks horrible when hit by direct sunlight. I have tried waxing it with turtle wax. It helps to a certain point, but still there are swirls. What do you guys suggest I should use to eliminate swirls? Type G, you have to know this...
    Last edited by juan; 03-05-2006, 07:27 PM. Reason: corrections

the hardest part about swirl marks is figuring out what you are doing wrong.

you will have to use abrasives to correct the swirls in your paint.

1.) i suggest claybaring it to remove all the contamints and old wax from the paint.

2.) go around the car with scratch remover on the big/bad scratches: don't do the whole car just bad spots.

3.) then i would use a random orbital buffer to get the swirls out with this:

use a cutting pad, follwed by a polishing pad, with the orbital...i won't say what color because as they vary from different manufactures...so better to call it a cutting pad.

you can do the rest by hand or continue useing the obital
    4.) then follow with: pre-wax cleaner

5.) then: sealer and glaze

6.) then: pure carnuba wax

i am not trying to advertise, but that is what i use. i am not familiar with other product lines, but the basic idea is to remove contaminats, polish, seal, wax.

use micro fiber towels and a clean wash mitt to prevent swirls from comming back. after you have done all this, you should have dramatic results. later.
    Last edited by TypeG; 10-09-2006, 10:44 PM.
    Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

so basically buff the car till your arm falls off
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

typeg is right.

my personal preference is poorboy's products, as i've much better results with them than mother's.

super swirl remover, polish, sealant, wax.

http://www.superiordetailsupplies.co...p?page=poorboy

and using a random orbital buffer makes the job a lot easier.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

1. wash the car real good. The jambs, under the hood, and wheel wells too.\

2. strip it down to the paint; pre-wax cleaner to remove old wax, swirls, oxidized paint, contaminants, and it does a deeper removing of dirt than just washing does.

2b. clay bar- this is like magic. This step is especially necessary for dark colored vehicles. When I detailed my black 93' EX I did this and after I was all done something rich in the paint was revealed to me; gold flake.

3. apply a paint sealer to fill in the pores

4. apply a glaze product to fill in the swirls, scratches and other minor imperfections.

*some brands combine step 3 and 4 into one product because they are basically doing the same thing.

5. apply a wax product
          a. natural waxes with carnuba make for a more beautiful glowing shine, but it needs to be reapplied every 6 to 8 weeks because it breaks down from exposure to ultraviolet rays. That means out in the sun for those of you fighting off a hang over and are having a hard time just getting through this post.
          b. synthetic waxes only need to be applied 2 times a year, but the shine doesn't have the "life" in it like carnuba waxes. It's like comparing real wood floors to composite wood floors. The real ones have that natural warm glow where as the composite floors don't but the finish will hold up to most anything.

6. in between waxes apply detail mist after washing to maintain the smooth finish and to make it to the 6 to 8 week mark otherwise wax monthly.
          b. synthetic waxes
          It really is a labor of love making a neglected CB7 with "normal wear and tear" into something worth being proud of.

Comment

The advice you guys gave me was exactly what I was looking for. I couldn't find any before pictures so here is the pic after numerous hours of buffing.(about six hours) I saw dramatic results and plan to keep it that way.

what do you guys think?
            Last edited by juan; 01-28-2006, 07:38 PM.

Comment

looks pretty clean. i wish there were some before pics. later.
              Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                looks pretty clean. i wish there were some before pics. later.
                I will look......maybe I have one.

Comment

godamn juan!!! I never saw this thread. fuck, we gota that to mine this weekend, lol.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

nice
                    Project EP hatch on the way

Comment

i've got a PC now and I'm just wanting for the weather and a place to use it.
                      '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
                      EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Good information!
                        600HP" 1990 ACCORD LX COUPE COMING SOON

CLICK HERE TO VIEW MY 1990 CB7

Comment

type G you are a god.

^^^ Please "Like" & Follow!^^^

IG - @WerdWerx

1990 Accord EX Coupe - Click Here

Comment

Gonna try this next week , try to get the paint a bit shinier than what it already is.

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

Bump for a good OLD Thread. I think it is pretty obivious which brand TypeG uses and reccomends... This is some good stuff. I will be using this in the spring or when it warms up a little bit outside. Dont really want to go through all this in the freezing wind we have had around here lately. Later

Comment

Working...
                              X