No announcement yet.

Buffers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also recommend the PC. I have the 7424 as well--great gift. And from the place it was ordered from they threw in a metal carrying case that holds a few extra pads, and they included the 6 inch backing pad and 6 inch counterweight. The standard 7424 configuration comes with the standard 5 inch pad and 5 inch couterweight.
    '92 Accord LX Sedan--Bordeaux Red Pearl --OEM--279k Daily Driver
    EX Lip & Alpine OEM single CD Player. No more useless pocket!

Comment

Originally posted by cjv998
      I'm confused about glazes. From reading this article, it seems like it's the glaze that makes cars look super glossy (like TypeG's, among many others) more than the wax or polish, with the polish smoothing down the surface like a claybar, and the wax sealing the paint (like a sealant?). Is this correct? ...So many different products to learn about!
      glazes do help the car look extra glossy, but it's polish that makes your car shine. the glaze hides swirls and has an ultra fine polish in it. it works extra well on dark colors. i guess you could say that it gives it the wet look.

i've had my car about 11 years and in that time i've only used an orbital buffer on it once. as long as you don't marr the paint with improper washing and drying techniques, you shouldn’t have to polish them out. the other things like common scratches (the reason i buffed), oxidation, and etchings are other reasons to buff. as long as you keep wax on it, things don't etch the paint's surface as easily.

the basic detail consist of clay bar, polishing, paint cleansing, sealer and glaze, and wax.

this is what i do to my paint:
      once a year i
      clay bar
      pre-wax cleaner
      sealer and glaze
      pure carnauba wax

after i have done this for the year, i wash, use sealer and glaze, then carnauba wax every 2-3 months.

other than that the only thing i did different this year was use the power polish with an orbital after the clay

here's a thread on avoiding paint swirls:
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=59862

and car car FAQ's
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=56410
      later.
      Avoiding dirt at all costs

Comment

Working...
      X