No feel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No feel?

I hooked up 2x10" Rockfod Fosgate Punc series sups(a bit older) but in great condition, there in a sealed box but it doesn't fit up to the trunk its too wide.

I have both subs hooked up to a Kenwood 600watt amp on a single channel.

-I can barley even feel them bump, when looking at them they look as though they are pounding hard but you cant feel them very well.

My friend has Wallmart Pioneer 12" subs in individual boxes in his civic and you can really feel the bass.

What might the problem be?
    Thanks

check where the rcas are plugging into the back of the headunit. is it the front or rear??? i had a similar problem when i hooked up my stereo. i had the rcas in the front output instead of the rear output. big difference when they are in the right spot.

just check that, and if there are correct then try tuning your amp and headunit. are the settings at optimum performance or in the middle or low?? good luck
    Kyle C

2002 Accord Sedan EX - standard- daily status

1991 Accord Wagon LX - auto - 304K & slipping transmission

Comment

What are the amp settings? Can you see the subs moving? I take it they are set on LPF, and what Frequency is the LPF set at? What is the Gain set at? And lastly how have you hooked them up, In series or parallel?
      Also do you mean a kenwood amp 600w RMS or PMPO?
      You should bridge the amp if its 2ohm capable, not run both subs off a single channel
      Last edited by evil_demon_01; 04-24-2008, 03:22 AM.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01
        What are the amp settings? Can you see the subs moving? I take it they are set on LPF, and what Frequency is the LPF set at? What is the Gain set at? And lastly how have you hooked them up, In series or parallel?
        Also do you mean a kenwood amp 600w RMS or PMPO?
        You should bridge the amp if its 2ohm capable, not run both subs off a single channel
        These are the amp details off of crutchfield
        Kenwood KAC-849
        2-, 3-, or 4-channel output
        Tri-way capable (Tri-Way Crossover required)
        150 watts RMS x 2 in bridged mode
        75 watts x 4 at 2 ohms
        requires 8-gauge power and ground leads
        MOSFET power switching supply
        speaker-level inputs
        signal-to-noise ratio 100 dB
        50-200 Hz high-pass/low-pass crossovers, 12 dB/octave
        bass boost (6 dB at 90 Hz)
        gold-plated preamp outputs
        12-3/4"W x 2-3/16"H x 11-5/8"D
        1-year warranty

-What is LPF and how do I hook them up in bridged mode.

I have the sensitivity at 0.3 and the frequency at 80. Both subs hooked up on a single channel.

Comment

LPF = low pass filter/crossover.
          Do you have the manual for the amp?

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...3KAC849&tp=115

If you look on the left of that page you will see a link for download manual
          It explains in there all the features and settings and how to bridge it.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

I bridged the subs but I dont know if I did it right, it still doesnt bump hard.
            Here is the PDF on the amphttp://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/Man...113KAC749S.PDF
            I hooked up the RCA jacks of the radio and use Y-Adapters to hook it on the A and B channel on the amp. Then I hooked the speakers up were it says dual channel in the PDF.

Here Are the Detals on the Subs:

• Model : RFP2410 / RFP2810
            • Description : 10" Punch XLC Woofer
            • Nominal Impedance : 4 ohms / 8 ohms
            • RE (DC resistance in ohms) : 3.7 / 7.3
            • RMS / Peak Power : 200 / 400 Watts
            • Sensitivity : 87dB
            • FS (Hz) : 30 / 32
            • QMS : 5.38 / 5.23
            • QES : 0.39 / 0.47
            • QTS : 0.36 / 0.43
            • SD (cone area) : 54.26in2
            • VAS (cubic ft) : 1.62
            • XMAX (inches) : 0.31
            • Voice Coil Diameter (inches) : 2.0
            • Mounting Depth (inches) : 4-1/2
            • Speaker Displacement (cubic ft) : 0.06
            • Recommended Enclosure (cubic ft) : Sealed=0.75 / Vented=1.0
            • 4-Layer, 2" Voice Coil
            • Aluminum Former
            • Dual Laminated Foam Surround
            • Spruce Pulp Paper Cone
            • Hyper-Extended Pole Piece
            • Aero Vent Base Plate
            • Magnet Bumper
            • Dual Laminated/Progressive Flat Spider

I dont know what to do...you can barley even feel them.

Comment

Both subs hooked up on a single channel.
              So you have them hooked up to the same channel on a 4 ch amp.. That amp is 75 watts rms at 2 ohms so you would be getting 37.5 watts a sub..

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
                So you have them hooked up to the same channel on a 4 ch amp.. That amp is 75 watts rms at 2 ohms so you would be getting 37.5 watts a sub..
                that's probally why.

u probally got the Frequency to the Highest that's why i guess..

i got a alpine vpower 300 watt amp on 2 12" hollywood Subs..and they Kick HARD!..

alpine ftw

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa
                  No...I have one sub on each channel. But is this how they are bridged. They acctualy dont bump as hard as they did on a single channel.

Comment

its says on the amp what channels to bridge. If done right you will get 150 watts RMS x 2 in bridged mode ...

Comment

When I did that it didnt bump for shit. What I did now is ran them parallel on one speaker output on the amp. It bumps hard but still not what im looking for.

I know a guy with some 12 competition speakers. Maybe I will through his subs in my car and see how they bump...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
                        When I did that it didnt bump for shit. What I did now is ran them parallel on one speaker output on the amp. It bumps hard but still not what im looking for.

I know a guy with some 12 competition speakers. Maybe I will through his subs in my car and see how they bump...
                        you need a different amp.. A four channel is not good for what you are trying to do

Comment

So maybe use this amp for my door and rear deck Pioneer 4 ways...and a 2 channel amp for the subs?

Also how do you wire the front door speakers to the amp? You wouldnt be able to adjust the back to front fade on the deck would you?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
                            So maybe use this amp for my door and rear deck Pioneer 4 ways...and a 2 channel amp for the subs?

Also how do you wire the front door speakers to the amp? You wouldnt be able to adjust the back to front fade on the deck would you?
                            you would be able to.. For the best solution you need a radio with three sets of preouts.. Front rear and sub. You run the front and rear preouts to the four channel. The sub preout to the two or mono block sub amp. You can run four sets speaker wires from the four channel to behind the radio and hook it up there.

Comment

Working...
                            X