Car Alarm install question!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Alarm install question!!!!!!!!!!

I looked all over on this site and can't seem the find my answer...Where in the kick panel fuse box should the parking lights wire be to install to an alarm module? I dont have the red/black wire there, it came out and i dont know where to connect it back.
    91 Accord EX Coupe

My pics Thread

I play for the team I own...

Go to www.bulldogsecurity.com. They have a wiring diagram for about every vehicle ever made. You should find your answer there

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
      Go to www.bulldogsecurity.com. They have a wiring diagram for about every vehicle ever made. You should find your answer there

Good luck
      I went there to get the diagram and i know where it should be but the wire fell out of one of the fuses it doesn't tell you what fuse it came from.
      "PARKING LIGHTS ( + ) RED/BLACK (+) @ FUSEBOX IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL"
      91 Accord EX Coupe

My pics Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Accord Fridge View Post
        I went there to get the diagram and i know where it should be but the wire fell out of one of the fuses it doesn't tell you what fuse it came from.
        "PARKING LIGHTS ( + ) RED/BLACK (+) @ FUSEBOX IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL"
        There will be an empty spade at the fuse panel for it but I think its cheesy. (If you are installing a alarm you should have a dmm so test. Red/ black + at the steering column or harness to rear.

Comment

there is a million red/blacks....u can even go to the dimmer switch.

but go to the 3rd to the right spade blank on the fusebo and i think thats the one.

but if ur trying to install an alarm without knowledge your doing more harm than good.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I installed alarms b4...I know what to do but im doing my car now, and i dont see where the wire in the fuse box taps into it fell out. My car had an alarm in it already the other wires needed already have connectors on it. I was just trying to avoid splicing an untouched wire...oh well
            91 Accord EX Coupe

My pics Thread

Comment

haha no disrespect but if you cant find the parking light wire then i question your ability to do an alarm cause thats like the easiest thing to find.

i seen people "do" alarms and i mena it works but it looks like sheit.

...no disrespect dude hehe.
              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

accord's have 32 wires for a complete alarm set up. leave it to a pro.

Comment

Well i'm about to do mine...

I'm not a pro but i have done an alarm install before.

i'll let you guys know how hard it was compared to say....

an '06 expedition.....<--- Was a fuckin bitch.... door locks are negative powered and no one knew.... we were like WTF! everything but that was fine...

Fords....

Comment

I used to do them when I was younger , just can't handle all that bending .

anyway try this site it may help you http://www.the12volt.com/
                    WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

well it's done mostly.... it's arms and such. I didn't hook up the remote start... no reason for me to.

the only thing was i wasn't sure if i should use the 451m or not so i tried it without it. didn't work. so i have to get back in there in the morning.... fucking mosquito's

to be sure, does anyone know EXACTLY where the wires for the door lock/unlock is?

I'm doing this without a multi meter too so i can't test.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                        well it's done mostly.... it's arms and such. I didn't hook up the remote start... no reason for me to.

the only thing was i wasn't sure if i should use the 451m or not so i tried it without it. didn't work. so i have to get back in there in the morning.... fucking mosquito's

to be sure, does anyone know EXACTLY where the wires for the door lock/unlock is?

You dont need the 451m its for high current and five wire door locks. The wire colors for the locks car side I can look up tommorow if you dont have an answer by then.

Comment

try this
                          http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...tail/1032.html
                          WE MISS YOU JO(9-04-2008)

Comment

It said under carpet???

I think they are in the same brown harness as the door trigger.

I have all day tomorrow for it. just wanted to see if anyone knew off the top of their head....

and i'll post pics of the mess i had to cut out of under the dash.... i swear i had a fucking birds nest under there.

Comment

Well i'm about to do mine...

I'm not a pro but i have done an alarm install before.

i'll let you guys know how hard it was compared to say....

an '06 expedition.....<--- Was a fuckin bitch.... door locks are negative powered and no one knew.... we were like WTF! everything but that was fine...

Fords....
                              i dont know what you mean, those are the easiest cars ever, id do those any day. if you didnt know it was negitive, a quick 10 second test would of proved that. and if you are wiring into something you dont know the polarity it shouldnt be risked. and for your info, if the car came with factory keyless entry its always negitive, when it doesnt then its a 5 wire or rarely its a positive system. and a quick 10 second test would of determined that, pink/yellow and pink/green was probably the wires.

the lock and unlock wires in the accord is in a 2 pin harness if it is there, its under the carpet actually more closer to the corner of the firewall and the corner of the side of the dash, below the fuse box. its there....usually the plug if it hasnt been touched is taped with blue tape backwards.

and once you identify the wires, for a teset, make sure its the right one, get a fused wire and ground that wire to see if it locks and unlocks.

if you dont know the colors, take off the door handle where the door lock switch is, there is going to be a 3 pin harness connected to the lock/unlock switch. the 2 outer wires are your lock wires, see what the colors are and then find them in the car.

this info is for your use only, im not responsible if you didnt hook up something right and you fuked it up.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Working...
                              X