Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANy of these EASY alarms with 2 way pager??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANy of these EASY alarms with 2 way pager??

i found this alarm..and i think i can do it myself. but id really rather prefer the 2 way pager..are there any like this? and how good are these?? reliable atleast?

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=7410

TYPE R Big Build thread 25,000+ VIEWS!!!http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=123069
    I feel like BIG MEECH! LARRY HOOVER! whippin work! haileliuah one nation under god. REAL naggas gettin money from the freakin START!

Originally posted by Clean-CB7 View Post
    i found this alarm..and i think i can do it myself. but id really rather prefer the 2 way pager..are there any like this? and how good are these?? reliable atleast?

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=7410
    That system is not good.. Install is the most important part. Don't be cheap...... if you don't know what you are doing then just pay... I'm in your area and professionally install for the last 4 years... I can install for you.. I don't install crap though. If you want pm me for more info

Comment

I agree that's a cheap system, and it's not the easiest install. You still have to splice it into your harness under the dash. The only thing easier about it is it doesn't run a wire through the firewall to the siren. I like my Asian Wolf Astra 777. Inexpensive, but not cheap. The screen on the pager fob is a little delicate, but the rest of it was better than the DEI alarm I replaced.

Comment

Stay away from alarms that are "cheap $50 alarms", or alarms that " has european sports cars on the box" and " arent carried at most car audio shops" its nothing worse then having a bypass module, shock sensor, or remote go out and no one can fix or service it and you have to send it off to the company and wait weeks for it to get back. Im not even gonna comment on the asianwolf alarm.....

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

Originally posted by hybrid90accord View Post
          Stay away from alarms that are "cheap $50 alarms", or alarms that " has european sports cars on the box" and " arent carried at most car audio shops" its nothing worse then having a bypass module, shock sensor, or remote go out and no one can fix or service it and you have to send it off to the company and wait weeks for it to get back. Im not even gonna comment on the asianwolf alarm.....
          Have you had the Asian Wolf alarm? You're basing your opinion on what? The fact that it's a company you're unfamiliar with? I do have the alarm, and I recommend it, based on my experience with it.The Asian Wolf costs just as much as the DEI, autopage or other alarms you were recommending after you factor in the install cost (which you included in the cost of those name brand alarms), and is of a much higher quality than the DEI I replaced. Plus any alarm sold in a shop carries a HUGE mark-up for overhead, which online retailers don't have due to lack of a physical storefront.

I don't see what the car on the package has to do with anything.

Viper has an American Sports car on the box, does that make the contents any better?

Hornet (another DEI brand) has an insect on the box! Does that make it better?

Autopage has a convertible on the box! Does that mean it's not for hardtops?

While everyone has an opinion, yours is based on pictures on packages and poorly compared price differences.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
            Have you had the Asian Wolf alarm? You're basing your opinion on what? The fact that it's a company you're unfamiliar with? I do have the alarm, and I recommend it, based on my experience with it.The Asian Wolf costs just as much as the DEI, autopage or other alarms you were recommending after you factor in the install cost (which you included in the cost of those name brand alarms), and is of a much higher quality than the DEI I replaced. Plus any alarm sold in a shop carries a HUGE mark-up for overhead, which online retailers don't have due to lack of a physical storefront.

I don't see what the car on the package has to do with anything.

Viper has an American Sports car on the box, does that make the contents any better?

Hornet (another DEI brand) has an insect on the box! Does that make it better?

Autopage has a convertible on the box! Does that mean it's not for hardtops?

While everyone has an opinion, yours is based on pictures on packages and poorly compared price differences.
            I have installed them and they are crap.. What are you basing your opionion on .. The less then a year you have had yours in?

Comment

I used to install w/e a customer brought me.. Its not worth my time now to mess with that crap.. It makes me look bad when those pos alarms fail.. Ive installed about 300 dei alarms and remote starters this year and had one bad out of the box... (would not link up with the programmer everything else was fine with it). Installed five "asian wolf" lol and two failed within the year... Not due to install. Ive had good luck with audiovox also. Surprisingly .....

Comment

I don't want you to take anything here as confrontational, I'm just rebutting.

Originally posted by ChIoVnIdCa View Post
                I have installed them and they are crap.. What are you basing your opionion on .. The less then a year you have had yours in?
                I'm basing it on over 25 years of installing and using automotive electronics, comparing it to the DEI brand I replaced as well as the other alarms I've had and installed for myself, family and friends, and my experience installing literally hundreds of millions of dollars of telecommunication switching and routing equipment. (where a single board can cost upwards of $10,000) I know what a decent piece of electronics looks like.
                The POS in the original post is crap and looks like it, just from the pic. The scytek 777 I recommended and installed in my car is a decent alarm (with the exception of the delicate display screen on the pager remote). The circuit boards are clean with tightly placed components, the solder joints are clean and well done, the wires are all heavier gauges than any other alarm or remote start I've had in my car (this is the fifth alarm I've had (including a Hornet and a Clifford)).

*edit* It does shock me that you've had the bad luck with them. Were they Scytek or another brand? Asian wolf is just the retailer, and I think they repackage. Scytek has been manufacturing for over 20 years and gets good reviews (I checked them out before I purchased). I'm not too shocked about audiovox, they've been around forever, and even though they're inexpensive, they do last.
                Last edited by visualpoet; 12-03-2008, 10:47 AM.

Comment

i see some are getting sensitive because there asainwolf owner, no harm intended but ill say it again that most of the cheap alarms suck, Point blank period. ive been installing for years and none have proven worthy. ive installed DEI, autopage, alpine, crimestopper, audiovox and all have a lower failure rate then those ebay alarm systems to the point where i wont even install those ebay alarms because when something goes wrong cause they always do i cant fix or replace them. ive owned an alpine alarm since 1999 and they dont even make alarms anymore but i know i can get replacement parts for it faster then those ebay specials. Piece of mind that i wont get locked out of my car, can get a quick replacement remote, or anything quickly from a local Best buy or alpine direct out weighs the cheap price and heacache of a cheap alarm system.

http://www.autotoys.com/x/product.php?productid=7410 i mean its selling point is "wireless" alarm system ????? all alarm systems are wireless lets be serious man.
                  Last edited by hybrid90accord; 12-03-2008, 10:50 AM.

F/S:Pioneer Premier Deh-880prs w/ ipod adapter $220

Comment

so is DEI a decent company for alarms?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

DEI is the parent company for alot of alarms, Viper, Clifford, Hornet, Python, Autostart etc.

Comment

ya I knew that already. I guess I should have been more specific. Im looking for a decent alarm company...I dont want to spend too much and I want to DIY. any ideas?

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
                        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
                        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Originally posted by starchland View Post
                          ya I knew that already. I guess I should have been more specific. Im looking for a decent alarm company...I dont want to spend too much and I want to DIY. any ideas?
                          Autopage, I was sceptical at first about them but when I first installed my autopage its been very reliable. No problems. I had the RS-725 Installed by myself. Was easy also.

Comment

i still have the original honda accord alarm
                            I LOVE MY RHD HONDA
                            I DO WIRE TUCKS AND ENGINE HARNESS!
                            THEWHOLEKREWMOTORSPORTS
                            ALLTHINGSPROPER.COM

Comment

I have a python 2 way pager with 1 mile range with a few add ons. Has worked great so far

Comment

Working...
                              X