Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best SQ sub for < $150?

Building my system back up.

I am thinkin about the Dayton HQ 12". 400W RMS, universally lauded as a phenomenal SQ sub. I have heard people mention ID IDQv2s but I'm more familiar with Dayton. I kind of like the Alpine Type S too but I think it's overpriced. I'm gonna be running it in a sealed box. Throw me some suggestions.

Originally posted by lordoja
    im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

i honestly like mtx 7500 subs, perferably 10's.

the alpine type s seems a bit uncontroled IMO.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I have two IDQ 12" subs, they are very nice, the low lows can get a little muddy at times, but other than that, I find they are excellent.

If you want a loud single 12" with good SQ, look into the IDmax 12.
      Originally posted by sweet91accord
      if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
        i honestly like mtx 7500 subs, perferably 10's.

the alpine type s seems a bit uncontroled IMO.
        Someone's got a 12 for sale by me in a sealed box for $100. But I think the ID or Dayton is a better sub.

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
          Someone's got a 12 for sale by me in a sealed box for $100. But I think the ID or Dayton is a better sub.
          I havent heard dayton before so i cant comment. The mtx in a sealed box hits nice and solid and can get some deeper notes quite easilly, not as easy as a ported box or a L5 but it can really shake a car. I had 1 shake my van, then i put 2 10's in my ride and it sounded lovley, never a muddy moment. But with all bass you have to hear it for yourself to judge it.

one day ill try a dayton, but lol im loving these mtx's.
          What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Dayton All the way,,,

I know the designer of some of the Dayton drivers, and he help with the production of the RS line. Darren Kuzma if your wondering.

Dayton drivers are stout, and well priced and they sound great. The RS line is pretty much their best line IMO.

As for you, I would reccomend running their HO series instead of their HQ. Their HQ drivers seems to have some weird cone distortion when placed in small sealed boxes. But the HO don't have this issue.

But your on the right track...
            My System
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

Comment

Originally posted by tgdrums1990 View Post
              I know the designer of some of the Dayton drivers, and he help with the production of the RS line. Darren Kuzma if your wondering.

Dayton drivers are stout, and well priced and they sound great. The RS line is pretty much their best line IMO.

As for you, I would reccomend running their HO series instead of their HQ. Their HQ drivers seems to have some weird cone distortion when placed in small sealed boxes. But the HO don't have this issue.

But your on the right track...
              Good stuff! Yea I am pretty much set on the Daytons. I am debating running a setup w/a passive radiator too if I can find a cheap + light enough box. Prob not though

Comment

Why run a passive radiator? Passives are pretty much the same as a port except with a passive you dnt have to worry about port noise, just over excurtion.

I would run the HO sealed first and see how ya like the sound, if you want it a little louder, or want the low notes to be a little more exsplosive then I would go ported and tune low.
                My System
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

Comment

lol each person hears it diffrent find your sweet spot and stick to it i use sealed boxes. I perfer them over ported. I havent hurd of daytons dont know much about them. But I had some power bass 12" comp subs and six years later i finaly blew one lol thay sound great but thats just me. I beleve i saw some hit 128dbs, not bad for 150$ subs every time i bought other subs id blow them in six months cuzz id push there limits
                  My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                  http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Originally posted by tgdrums1990 View Post
                    Why run a passive radiator? Passives are pretty much the same as a port except with a passive you dnt have to worry about port noise, just over excurtion.

I would run the HO sealed first and see how ya like the sound, if you want it a little louder, or want the low notes to be a little more exsplosive then I would go ported and tune low.
                    I'm trying to leave as small of a footprint in my trunk as possible...

Comment

Take a look at DLS RW10 10", that is a great SQ sub.
                      Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by frootloops View Post
                        Take a look at DLS RW10 10", that is a great SQ sub.
                        Damn that's a good sub!

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                          Damn that's a good sub!
                          Yeah and I had one and was about to install it... but then decided not to add a sub/box/amp/more weight to the Accord...

Comment

I'm kind of on that kick too... I found some Kicker 6x9s for cheap; they seem decent and I could sell em for what I got em for. W/a 4-ch amp, if they perform well I prob won't get a sub. I had some 2 ohm 6x9s in my first car (out of a newish Nissan Altima), and with an amp they were perfect even with some really weak 7"s in front. I have good 6.5"s for the front now so it should work even better.
                            Last edited by gloryaccordy; 08-29-2009, 02:53 PM.

Comment

I hear ya. Right now I'm pretty dang happy with how my four 6.5s all around perform.

The only way I might consider adding an amp/sub would be to go with two shallow mount subs in the rear deck and a nice set of comps up in the front and some small amps pushing it, but that's as far as I would go. I don't know about you but I still haul stuff in my trunk, so keeping it functional is a priority.

And personally, going for SQ over SPL is a thousand times more satisfying.

Comment

Working...
                              X