Fuel Cutoff Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mondojackal
    as opposed to lazy people who want the answer just spoon fed to them...the ones who wont get out there and do it themselves...it doesnt take any time at all to take out ur back seat if you know what ur doing...
    you sir, are rediclous. I figured someone, somewhere, on this website would have already done thier searching for this wire. What's the point in me spending my time searching when a definitive answer is just a post away. Like I said, I didn't need a lecture on how you would do it, or how you think i'm lazy. All I wanted was someone who knew something to actually reply. Two out of three people now have helped me, you have not.
    --JDM F22A--

JDM schmeDM, these lights are DIY-DM.

Comment

Originally posted by dwf137
      you sir, are rediclous. I figured someone, somewhere, on this website would have already done thier searching for this wire. What's the point in me spending my time searching when a definitive answer is just a post away. Like I said, I didn't need a lecture on how you would do it, or how you think i'm lazy. All I wanted was someone who knew something to actually reply. Two out of three people now have helped me, you have not.
      EUHHHHHHH and im one of em....HOLLLLA! Nah jk. I mean I aint talkin shit but you know.... i have had experiences before where i needed a simple question answered and they would juss ignore or brush it off with "use the search option". Seriously, this site is supposed to help each other out with ideas. I'd ask some ppl how they did this and that and they NEVER responded back. Like if they're shady or something dont wanna give out they're precious ideas away. Everyone whos asked me a question IVE ANSWERED. And I help as much as I can because id like the favor returned. But this isnt a cuss out war and iono why i always seem to find ppl doin that on this site.

Cutthorat, so how did you do the wiring? Did you run it from the back seat? It shouldve been simple if you DID go that route. Lemme know.

No more drama ppl. LOL.

I am no longer using this forum name.
      You can find me as
      jdm_inspired...
      I'm starting all over again since I got another CB.

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mondojackal
        you are a whiny little bitch...if you dont know..go find out how..dont come whining to us if you say that you think it might be under the seat, but then your ass is too fuckin lazy to go see if you can find out how to do it..this site doesnt help those who dont try to help themselves...

totally uncalled for.... u guys common....it took how many god damn posts to answer 1 simple question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! damn.....dwf sry for those people who didn't answer your question. u asked a simple ? and u get flamed for it pffffffff u'd be surprised at how many threads are like this one.....10 posts later and the ? is answered.
        he is not lazy, he is working smarter not harder!

hope u find the wire dwf if i had any experience with this i would help ya out.
        My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by Nocturnal CB7
          Cutthorat, so how did you do the wiring? Did you run it from the back seat? It shouldve been simple if you DID go that route. Lemme know.
          Everything's all good. I got the switch running, I'm extremely happy. It only took me about an hour to get everything up and running. I took out the back seats, which is pretty easy. Just two bolts for the top part, pull out the seats and trunk carpet. Then there's one bolt on the bottom seats, and 2 "J" hook thingys.. Take the rear seat off.

Look towards the passanger side, in between the frame and the last cushin that's left there's a few wires wrapped in that black plastic stuff and taped up with some electrical tape. Pull the wires out of the wrap, and you'll see I think three wires. The yellow wire is the fuel pump wire. I just cut it in half and stripped a section of wire free on each end.

I got a 12v, 30a in-line switch from radioshack for 3 bucks, one of the ones with only two connectors. Get some 14 gauge wire, extend each end of the fuel pump wire that you've stripped to where ever in the car you want the cutoff switch. You want to hide it pretty well, glove compartment and under the seat are pretty common places, so I suggust to avoid that. Hook up the wires to the switch and test it out. Try starting the car with the swtich off. It should try, but it should never actually start. Then flip the switch on and start the car, and it should start.

Once it's running, put everything back together, and don't forget to flip the switch everytime you get out of the car. I just read about a guy who forgot to switch his kill switch one night, he usually never forgets, next morning his car was gone and now it's stripped.
          --JDM F22A--

Comment

Everything's all good. I got the switch running, I'm extremely happy. It only took me about an hour to get everything up and running. I took out the back seats, which is pretty easy. Just two bolts for the top part, pull out the seats and trunk carpet. Then there's one bolt on the bottom seats, and 2 "J" hook thingys.. Take the rear seat off.

Look towards the passanger side, in between the frame and the last cushin that's left there's a few wires wrapped in that black plastic stuff and taped up with some electrical tape. Pull the wires out of the wrap, and you'll see I think three wires. The yellow wire is the fuel pump wire. I just cut it in half and stripped a section of wire free on each end.

I got a 12v, 30a in-line switch from radioshack for 3 bucks, one of the ones with only two connectors. Get some 14 gauge wire, extend each end of the fuel pump wire that you've stripped to where ever in the car you want the cutoff switch. You want to hide it pretty well, glove compartment and under the seat are pretty common places, so I suggust to avoid that. Hook up the wires to the switch and test it out. Try starting the car with the swtich off. It should try, but it should never actually start. Then flip the switch on and start the car, and it should start.

Once it's running, put everything back together, and don't forget to flip the switch everytime you get out of the car. I just read about a guy who forgot to switch his kill switch one night, he usually never forgets, next morning his car was gone and now it's stripped.
            haha yeah i be lazy to put my auto lock on. Fuckin sucks mahn! LOL but yup hey thanks for tellin me how to do it. Hope i helped!!!! Aite cuz!

You can find me as
            jdm_inspired...

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

Well I know you want a fuel cutoff switch , but what I do when I stop in toronto for a bit is take out the ECU fuse under the hood and put a old broken 10amp fuse back in its place.. just like the fuel switch it acts like it wants to start but wont.

Comment

^that's a good idea. I just wanted something real quick, because my car was broken into over night, and my buddy's car, who parks right next to me, has been broken into three times already. One car has already been stolen out of the parking garage, I don't trust my car to sit there for 2 hours, let alone all the time.

This is actually really easy if you want to give it a shot, takes 30 mins, costs less then 10 bucks, and can save your car.
                --JDM F22A--

Comment

aye i juss did my cuttoff switch....its nowhere to be found. Its quite a biatch to get to however DWF137.... do I need a 30Amper switch? Mine that i got is like a 15 or 20... maybe 15. IONO well hit me back.

You can find me as
                  jdm_inspired...

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

I used a 30a switch. I read on a few sites that they suggust you use atleast a 25a switch.
                    --JDM F22A--

Comment

I used a 30a switch. I read on a few sites that they suggust you use atleast a 25a switch.
                      ok. cool i guess i gotta switch mine then. Aye, i found out something tho. I hear that its better to tap into the ground wire... beacuse its possible that the constant current MAY mess up the switch. Hmmm, thats crazy. Ill have to look into that.

You can find me as
                      jdm_inspired...

NOC OUT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech
                        fuel pump wire is yellow and black.
                        I have heard this as well. And I also heard that it was preferable to use a SPDT relay or something like that.
                        '93 Bordeaux Red Pearl LX 5MT

Prev CBs:
                        -'93 BRP LX 4AT
                        -'92 AGP LX 5MT
                        -'93 AGP EX 4AT
                        10yrs after my first cb, I'm still driving one!

Comment

an spdt relay isn't necessary. Just a bunch of extra wires to run that really won't make a difference at all imo. Just make sure you use thick enough of a gauge wire so that you're not putting extra resistance in the wire.
                          --JDM F22A--

Comment

Working...
                          X