Alpine In Dash TV Monitor????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpine In Dash TV Monitor????

her model # is CVA-1003. everything is all hooked up. but i need to try to figure out how to "bypass" the "monitor safety" feature. i've seen the "black box" offered on Ebay. but i was just wondering if any of you have encountered the same ish's.

You know that's illegal right? Yep, in all 50 states. I know that no shop will do it for you because if for any reason you get in trouble because of it, they get shut down, no questions asked. As to how you do it? I don't know but it's going to be a bad idea. Sure, I admit I might have thought about it once or twice, but I also know how I am or will be if I got my screen bypassed (I'm only 25 years old, not too responsible ). Thousands of lives will be at risk because I got my screen bypassed and carelessly watch videos while driving. Reality hits and I come to my senses. No, no bypassed video for me.

Couldn't of been done without you guys

Comment

what? so it doesn't work while your driving or something?? i'm confused... a couple of my boys have in dash's and i've never seen taht...

SOLD!

Comment

the procedure states this,,,
        1. apply foot brake
        2. apply hand brake
        3. release foot brake
        3. re-apply foot brake
        4. disengage hand brake
        5. re-apply hand brake
        now your component will function with video.

now im not tryin to watch a vid while driving. but i want to by-pass all the "red tape" with just gettin the video to work. and if the passanger is wanting to watch a vid, or play a game while im driving. i feel that i personally have enough self control to keep my eyes on the road. and im not knocking your previous comment. all feed back is very welcome.

Comment

its easy you just have to make it think like you did those steps. But I dont want you to do it. So you can searched google its all over.

Comment

I'm not trying to make you change your mind or anything but you know that even if a passenger is the one watching a movie or playing a game on a screen that you (the driver) can see, you are in big trouble. That is why I'm getting a screen for the passenger side visor just to keep the law off my ass. Sorry for the replies bro, but I'd hate to see any of us lose our driver's license because somebody didn't step up and give proper encouragement to stepping in the right direction.

Comment

I used the black box for my alpine screen, and I had it working perfectly. Its not too bad to hook up, if you are decent with electronics and wiring.

Comment

Originally posted by headbussaboi
                I'm not trying to make you change your mind or anything but you know that even if a passenger is the one watching a movie or playing a game on a screen that you (the driver) can see, you are in big trouble. That is why I'm getting a screen for the passenger side visor just to keep the law off my ass. Sorry for the replies bro, but I'd hate to see any of us lose our driver's license because somebody didn't step up and give proper encouragement to stepping in the right direction.
                Just to let you know a screen in the passenger visor can also get you pulled over. Any screen that can be seen by the driver will get you pulled over. You can see the passenger visor right? You'll still get in trouble.

Almost any screen up front will get you in trouble no matter where its placed.

Comment

if you search the web, the info is there so...

- pac audio tr7 device only; add a switch to kill the memory (until you restart the car again) in case you have to prove that the safety is wired correctly
                  - wire brake wire to foot brake, hand brake wire to switch that is grounded
                  - both wires to switches, hand brake is grounded while foot brake is 12v power

you do the "alpine dance" with the buttons instead so it can be done anytime, parked and (hopefully not while) driving.

Comment

Originally posted by Project91Accord
                    Just to let you know a screen in the passenger visor can also get you pulled over. Any screen that can be seen by the driver will get you pulled over. You can see the passenger visor right? You'll still get in trouble.

Almost any screen up front will get you in trouble no matter where its placed.
                    "Almost" any screen up front will get you in trouble. I think a screen in the passenger visor can be visible to the driver but not an LCD at that angle, the driver can't see anything but a blank screen from where he sits.

Comment

I'm a little confused about this. What about LCD's hooked upto GPS? it's still a screen?
                      1992 Accord LX

Comment

My friend once told me that its illegal to view any video device installed in front of the front seats while the car is in motion. So if its mounted for the driver and front passenger, its a ticket, unless youre parked.

He said the cops dont consider GPS systems a violation because it technically isnt for entertainment/recreation. Plus, most GPS nowadays also have voice playback for directions.

I think he said all you have to do is ground out the reciever/screen so that it thinks that your parking brake is on.

I honestly have no clue and dont really give enough of a damn, it isnt worth an expensive ass ticket IMO. Just figured I would share what he told me.

Comment

are you people that afraid and that against this?
                          i have a kenwood indash and all i did was groun that wire to a regualr ground

Comment

Originally posted by floored
                            are you people that afraid and that against this?
                            i have a kenwood indash and all i did was groun that wire to a regualr ground
                            Its not a matter of being afraid. I personally dont want to pay a ticket worth hundreds of dollars just so a friend of mine can watch a movie while in my car. Its just not smart.

Comment

Screen

it just needs to be grounded out I am pretty sure

Comment

Working...
                              X