bypassing the clutch for autostarter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bypassing the clutch for autostarter?

anyone know which wire i need to tap into to bypass the clutch? ...... i got everything else installed cept the bypass .... anyone have the diagram or know which color wire? help would be greatly appreciated i just need to know which wire for our 4th gen accord cb's

you don't need to bypass shit.

basically you unplug the plug on the top of th clutch peddle. then take a paper clip make a U and short it out so its just looped.

So I guess it is bypassing.

Cheers!

Comment

seriously?

Comment

iuno man i dont recall anyone doing that lol :S

Comment

Originally posted by lx-accord
          iuno man i dont recall anyone doing that lol :S
          well look who ur talking about, it's maple he's full of firsts.
          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Dangerous and highly not recommended......................

If imitation is the best form of flattery............thanks for kissing my ass.

Comment

lol thanks for looking out guys .... i would have considered it if no one would have posted .... i know forsure doing that the clutch would always be down lol anyone know of any diagrams or a write up for bypassing the clutch thats all i need .... i tried searching it .. nothing ppl talk about it and how shops dont wanna do but does anyone know how?

Comment

http://www.4x4wire.com/tech/minutemods/clutchbypass/

Comment

what hte fuck are you tlaking about

I know what im doing I did it to my green 5spd coupe.

The clutch isnt always down you just dont have to HOLD it down to start the car. Hence Bypassing it so you can use the remote.

Jesus christ.

Listen to me dammit, go underneath the dash and you will see the blue plug.
                  unplug it. take a papeclip and short it out so power is constant and leave it unplugged then ta-da you did it

Comment

lol thanks for looking out guys .... i would have considered it if no one would have posted .... i know forsure doing that the clutch would always be down lol anyone know of any diagrams or a write up for bypassing the clutch thats all i need .... i tried searching it .. nothing ppl talk about it and how shops dont wanna do but does anyone know how?
                    lol......
                    1992 Accord LX CB9 149K Stock
                    2014 F350 Platinum CCSB SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                      what hte fuck are you tlaking about

I know what im doing I did it to my green 5spd coupe.

The clutch isnt always down you just dont have to HOLD it down to start the car. Hence Bypassing it so you can use the remote.

Jesus christ.

Listen to me dammit, go underneath the dash and you will see the blue plug.
                      unplug it. take a papeclip and short it out so power is constant and leave it unplugged then ta-da you did it

i apolagize oh great one lol i should have seen your post count your fake p*ssy thread is jokes....

Comment

2 ways to do it.

one is to retain the feature that you push the clutch down to start it when you get into your car normally. to do this there should be an output on the alarm that says "ground when start" or "status out" which usually in dei alarms is a blue wire. that hooks up to one of the lines on the clutch switch, so when the car starts it momentaray sends a ground making the clutch think that its down.

the other is to dont even have to push the clutch down. to do this, just take the 2 wires that are on the clutch switch and connect them together.

i only said this info because of the fact that you asked, im not responsible for your idiocy at all. but i usually do the first feature so that you still have to use the clutch to start it if you dont remote start when i do my alarms.
                        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Originally posted by Maple50175
                          you don't need to bypass shit.

basically you unplug the plug on the top of th clutch peddle. then take a paper clip make a U and short it out so its just looped.

So I guess it is bypassing.

Cheers!

Yeah, that sounds safe and reliable.

Originally posted by accordztech
                          2 ways to do it.

one is to retain the feature that you push the clutch down to start it when you get into your car normally. to do this there should be an output on the alarm that says "ground when start" or "status out" which usually in dei alarms is a blue wire. that hooks up to one of the lines on the clutch switch, so when the car starts it momentaray sends a ground making the clutch think that its down.

the other is to dont even have to push the clutch down. to do this, just take the 2 wires that are on the clutch switch and connect them together.

Thats more like it.

Let me say this to EVERYONE in here. Listen up.

Paper clips are made to hold paper together. Not to replace a fuse, not to jump wires, not to tie down a bumper, not to act as a light switch. They are PAPER Clips.
                          Last edited by 4thgenaccord; 01-25-2007, 03:42 AM.
                          !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

okay i will get pictures as soon as i can, but i can't figure out which wire it is i need to tap into. is it the blue one? anyone have pictures or can tell me which wire ? i know im a nooooob don't flame me plz

Comment

dude if you cant figure that out, then i dont think you should be installing an alarm, no offence.
                              What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

Working...
                              X